Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

Author Topic: The Ebon Pact [Intro: Entrenched]  (Read 17907 times)

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Ebon Pact [Creation, Battle, Management, and Politics]
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2015, 11:25:25 pm »

I will post a sheet eventually.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2015, 06:57:02 am »

While I'm not quite happy with everything, and will be giving it a thorough once over in a little while, my character application is more or less complete.

Sorry for the hugeness.

EDIT: And done I think. Not going to go through it another time at least and I did fix plenty of stuff.

EDIT: Is motivation and such better now? Hydra, master of fashion! any good?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 07:50:18 am by Demonic Spoon »

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2015, 07:50:36 am »

Heh, thanks for the nice comments. Ideas just flowed to me once I read 'demon lords'.

I suspect the rather huge character app might put off potential players, but let's hope more people show up. All those lovely inspiring categories got my brain flowing.

@DS: Nice! I have a soft spot for dreamwalkers and things of all kinds.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2015, 08:03:34 am »

Thanks! Interesting enough, the central kernel that the rest of the character bloomed from was "hydra", from there it developed into "someone who is militantly lazy" and only then did the dream stuff appear.

I really like your "flesh-language" concept though.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 08:23:45 am by Demonic Spoon »

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2015, 08:20:43 am »

Reserve!
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Vacio

• Bay Watcher
  • I have awoken from my long slumber....
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2015, 08:39:11 am »

Sounds cool, will join too if theres a spot left.
Discontinued Game
Los Diablos

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2015, 08:46:06 am »

Sounds cool, will join too if theres a spot left.
Quote from: IronyOwl
Six positions, to be selected based on submission quality.
We so far have three submissions, with another three people who said they'd make submissions, so if all of them do make submissions, you'll be competing with someone for a spot, but yes, you can still make a submission and have a chance of getting in.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 09:32:46 am by Demonic Spoon »

Vacio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2015, 08:56:27 am »

Will do asp.
Discontinued Game
Los Diablos

Vacio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2015, 06:52:27 pm »

Spoiler: Vas'nox (click to show/hide)
I will be adding/chan more just got tired and thought I'd post what I had.
Discontinued Game
Los Diablos

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2015, 07:48:37 pm »

Name: embran darkwisp the brightest flame of night

Epithet: the night that shines like the sun .
Physical Description: though he posses the ability to shapeshift , he tends to remain in a human like form, but with red eyes that perice the darkness, and hair so dark its like staring into a void.  other forms include a black dragon with golden eyes and wings of flame, and a cloud of ash mixed with motes of light.

Mental Description: this demon is actually rather benevolent. treating those that serve him quite kindly. this is not to say he does not enjoy a bit of bloodshed from time to time. he keeps an arena. he wants to shape a society that pleases him. though something are planed ahead of time, much of his work is just him making stuff up as he goes along.

Bio: born from nothing he gained life, and when the people cried out for a king he answered. he wants to create, to shape, and to live. though kind, woe to he who arouses his wrath, and pray thee that his whims are merciful.

he Is good at altering, shaping, and creating things, and also manipulating energy.

Affiliations
-Telu and Mar, Master of Souls (they enjoy each others company, and like to share tips on manipulating souls, embran also finds them cute.)
-Soulrot, Master of Servants (embran respects soulrot and his abilty to get mortals to enjoy there work.)
-Wrack, Master of Implements(embran likes his creations, and his little insane ramblings. Wrack, likes having someone listien to him, and even carry on conversations with)
-Miku, Master of Flesh(though born with some knowledge of shaping flesh, embran's works were rough. miku gave him some pointers)

Contacts
-karan- embrans loyal servant this red skinned girl wll do anything he ask, her loyalty is born from embran rescuing her from a group of ruffians. she has a single simple tail, and blond hair.
-nan- an elemental being, that keeps in touch with embran.
-shades darkness- this guy is a bit unnerving to some, but he is actually quite harmless.....unless you threaten him..... he can blend in with the shadows and tends to provide embran with any info he has learned.

did I do this right?
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2015, 09:29:11 pm »

did I do this right?
*gouges out eyes*

But seriously, you might want to work on that character a bit. "Sprang into existence from nothing" is kind of boring without any further backstory. Just to be clear it's the people of Miraga that cried for a king and caused him to exist? Doesn't this mean he might not have the best relations with the Lords of Bloom due to the fact that he suddenly appeared and took a seat? Or at the very least, had no time so far to build up the relations he seems to have so far.

Also, Embran Darkwisp? Like seriously?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 11:14:08 am by Demonic Spoon »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2015, 01:38:19 am »

While I'm not quite happy with everything, and will be giving it a thorough once over in a little while, my character application is more or less complete.

Sorry for the hugeness.

EDIT: And done I think. Not going to go through it another time at least and I did fix plenty of stuff.

It's better, yeah, though still a little unclear; I'm guessing you noticed this, but your backstory manages to be long without actually saying a ton. Basically a decadent master artisan looking to make more masterpieces for the joy of doing so, in addition to the eating and sleeping stuff?

I suspect the rather huge character app might put off potential players, but let's hope more people show up. All those lovely inspiring categories got my brain flowing.
I hope so. It's not that long once you get going... and if you get in you get to eat people

I will be adding/chan more just got tired and thought I'd post what I had.
Well that's interesting, because that looks like a complete sheet already.

did I do this right?
Mostly, though that's probably more bold than you need.

It does feel a bit barebones at the moment; parts of it feel like you either couldn't quite make up your mind or didn't bother to decide on what your character was like. He popped out of nowhere for no reason, decided to help Miraga because they wanted him to help, is nice except when he's not, and wants to change things. That's... not very specific, as demonic backstories go. The bit about the arena and wanting to mold society to his whims are probably the most detailed parts, but even there we don't have any details about what or why.

But seriously, you might want to work on that character a bit. "Sprang into existence from nothing" is kind of boring without any further backstory. Just to be clear it's the people of Miraga that cried for a king and caused him to exist? Doesn't this mean he might not have the best relations with the Lords of Bloom due to the fact that he suddenly appeared and took a seat? Or at the very least, had no time so far to build up the relations he seems to have so far.
I was reading it as springing out of nothing for no stated reason, then answering the call for a king independent of that. Which still suffers from the stated issue of not being a very interesting birth or ascension.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2015, 01:57:43 am »

Sorry for the hugeness.

It's better, yeah, though still a little unclear; I'm guessing you noticed this, but your backstory manages to be long without actually saying a ton. Basically a decadent master artisan looking to make more masterpieces for the joy of doing so, in addition to the eating and sleeping stuff?
More or less correct. And yeah, I really need to master brevity. I ended writing more of a story than a summary and liked it enough that I ended up using it.

Should I strip it down to essentials?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2015, 02:30:19 am »

Should I strip it down to essentials?
I wouldn't bother now that it's up there, though if there's things it didn't quite get across you might want to make sure they're mentioned somewhere, as you did with the goals spoiler at the end.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2015, 04:17:40 am »

Just going to plop this character sheet here before things get out of hand.

Spoiler: WIP (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13