Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 137

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯):IC Tick ?:Who art thou?  (Read 195092 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (22/⊕∵↯):IC Tick 16: Believe Me
« Reply #1470 on: July 12, 2015, 05:22:32 am »

"With the second of my three great ambitions complete and no atrocities to react to I find myself relatively pleased. Now for the first time in a long time I have little to do but wait and perhaps find something to pass the time. Mavnon, would you care to spar with me?"
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 05:25:35 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: July 12, 2015, 06:07:55 am »

"Once again up for a bit of combat sister? I shall of course test you."

Mavnon materialised a pair of chackram and charged forward.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: July 12, 2015, 06:16:04 am »

"Once again up for a bit of combat sister? I shall of course test you."

Mavnon materialised a pair of chackram and charged forward.
Iliseth draws her sword and prepares to take on Mavnon in a sparring match.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 09:23:28 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: July 12, 2015, 02:43:06 pm »

Good to see that you address all of my arguments, my fear came from the fact that others have avoided inconvenient arguments in the past. I will resume:

Change, I must agree this can be a good thing, sometimes necessary, but sometimes leading to a worse situation. We stopped the flood because of the potentially devastating effect of a large quantity of water in a region that require none to exist, along with the sunlight starvation that would occur to the population. The flood was seem as controversial, it killed innocents, but was also a good occasion for progress. War does not bring progress on it's own. Perhaps new and better weapons are devised, but they so not serve the population. Rather, they only allow for more to be killed by both sides. Centralization is a debatable thing. Of course a centralized power is much stronger and can achieve much more, but it is also so much easier to corrupt, to lead to tyranny, I only support centralization when there are mechanisms to weed out the corruption and tyrants.

Conflict on it's own is not a bad thing, it sometimes lead to great innovations. My problem with your means is that you bring it in ways that do not benefit anyone, and cause needless harm, leading to my next point.

Yes, I do believe war is the most cruel form of conflict. I do not see a group of assassins murdering anyone they feel like killing as a form of conflict. There is indeed a great distinction between your aspect and senseless slaughter, distinction I would hope to see you put more emphasis on. I must agree that slaves fighting each other for small privileges is a cruel fate, but unlike war, it does not necessarily imply senseless slaughter.

((Yeah, what I meant is that mavnon pretend to be tolerant by not excluding Aag people only to distract from the fact that he(or she?) is causing a slaughter by sending the new kingdom against their nation at the same time. I'll wait for your response on this for my rebuttal))

Of couse, the winner benefits, but you are not allowing equal forces to compete, you claim you would have supported the humans had they won against the clan rilem, but we both know it would've required a miracle to allow a few disorganized tribes to win against an organized empire. The new kingdom is the same, a massive kingdom bullying smaller nations. You only side with improvement when you are the one who benefit from it.

Opposing the cruelty of gods through revolution is indeed a cause I would sympathize with, as evidenced by my multiple attempts at opening a peaceful dialogue with the new kingdom and my earlier opposition to their direct extermination. Only we both know that this is not what is truly happening. We all know that this is all a puppet show, the king is a marionette, the people are manipulated. They are directly working for you, while claiming they are against you. The fact that the only civilizations they are at peace with are those under you and your ally's control is yet another proof of this scheme. You fool no one there.

Your turn. I believe you can still be a benevolent being for these worlds, but that you are wrong with your means. I would not be debating you if I saw you as a lost cause, but I can still not see the manipulation of the new kingdom as anything else than a cruel and selfish act. Not the fact that you rule them, but the fact that you lie to them, make them believe they are fighting the same evil you sadly represent today.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: July 12, 2015, 03:04:55 pm »

Space Weaver Frontiersman: Space- Should we weave it in the frontiers of this world or in well-established towns?
Space Weaver Clothier: How do those Nomads keep getting a hold of Space Weaver silk?
Scared Space Weaver: I-I just had a dream where I wove silk that started chasing me and trying to strangle me like a noose. Th-that won't happen in real life, right? Right?

1. You shall search for two individual weavers. One in love with the wilderness who can protect it and live with it. The other a grand townsman who knows the laws of the city. These two are to be trained by you and once they reach the maturity you deem fit, they shall create two clans. One clan is devoted to spinning new space into the citys we already dwell in, using their knowledge on architecture, ethics, and creativity to create more harmony and unity in the city. This clan is known as The Clan of Harmony. The other clan shall be living in the wilderness, especially within close range to cities of space weavers, they are to create more space into the landscape, making it more complicated to travel, for non space taught beings. There they shall tame the beasts that roam and live in harmony with the flora and fauna. This clan shall be known as The Clan of Riddling Rooms Bless him with good charisma and structured thinking while also boosting his creativity

2. The Nomads probably trade with other space weavers, and some of them are bandits, therefore I must say, you should try taking diplomatic missions up with them. Use Crux to give him a big amount of wealth, based on the currency system where he dwells

3. You shall watch this dream and look for clues if it rings true. Choose questioning space weavers and teach them to look for these cluesGrant him immortality

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: July 12, 2015, 03:28:54 pm »

Space Weaver Frontiersman: Space- Should we weave it in the frontiers of this world or in well-established towns?
Space Weaver Clothier: How do those Nomads keep getting a hold of Space Weaver silk?
Scared Space Weaver: I-I just had a dream where I wove silk that started chasing me and trying to strangle me like a noose. Th-that won't happen in real life, right? Right?

1. You shall search for two individual weavers. One in love with the wilderness who can protect it and live with it. The other a grand townsman who knows the laws of the city. These two are to be trained by you and once they reach the maturity you deem fit, they shall create two clans. One clan is devoted to spinning new space into the citys we already dwell in, using their knowledge on architecture, ethics, and creativity to create more harmony and unity in the city. This clan is known as The Clan of Harmony. The other clan shall be living in the wilderness, especially within close range to cities of space weavers, they are to create more space into the landscape, making it more complicated to travel, for non space taught beings. There they shall tame the beasts that roam and live in harmony with the flora and fauna. This clan shall be known as The Clan of Riddling Rooms Bless him with good charisma and structured thinking while also boosting his creativity

2. The Nomads probably trade with other space weavers, and some of them are bandits, therefore I must say, you should try taking diplomatic missions up with them. Use Crux to give him a big amount of wealth, based on the currency system where he dwells

3. You shall watch this dream and look for clues if it rings true. Choose questioning space weavers and teach them to look for these cluesGrant him immortality
"None of my nomads are bandits. They don't need to be, they have the abilities to make whatever they want with minimal effort. If you want an example of a bandit, look at the Orc Warhosts. The most likely cause of it is a nomadic Weaver."

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: July 12, 2015, 03:30:05 pm »

Uztot takes the form of a Kaag covered in red war paint. Or possibly blood. His staff turns into a spear.

"Come children. The forces of Conflict are no match for our strength, our purpose."

Uztot uses all his Power to bless the Aag soldiers with solidarity.

(Hey Farg, could you draw Uztot in war form?)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: July 12, 2015, 03:40:23 pm »

"...forgive me for intruding, Mavnon...but I must ask...why do you find a centralisation of power...to be a good thing...?...does that not result in reduced competition...?...Conflict turned petty, between neighboring nobles for wealth...rather than cultural arms races between neighboring countries..."

"...perhaps I simply see Conflict differently...slavery does not seem to be conflict...surely, there is...but only during rebellions...assassins kill, but it is one-sided...it does not seem very much like conflict...unless there were some other society dedicated to combating them..."

"...do not misunderstand, Mavnon...I would rather remain on good terms with you...but the Aag are trading partners of my Saplings...and Liuthus, a member of my pantheon...I will not ask you to end the war...I will simply ask you not to hold it against me...when I side with your foe...I prefer to keep my word...and part of that means supporting Liuthus in this time of trouble...and remember...a prolonged war benefits no one...not even the winners...in any case, however...I will ask that we might remain friends...if I might be allowed to consider you that...even if we must be at odds...if that is alright...with you, of course...?"
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: July 12, 2015, 03:54:32 pm »

"Well if none of your nomads are bandits I think nothing will go wrong and diplomatic friendships will be drawn."

"If I may step into your little discussion on conflict there, god of conflict. While I admire your love for the grandest conflicts, you should also look at the opportunity of conflict on a more personal scale.
If two nations compete, there is conflict, but this conflict should not necessarily be fought out, as their competition is already a conflict. I feel that you should review the nature of conflict, and find out if you can go beyond the mere conflict in arms the conflict of suffering.

On a different note, I do like the drama you create, it brings purpose to the little mortals. As they realize that they are mere mortals they strive to conquer their space and for harmony. This state of change would not come so easy without the dramatic conflicts of the past."
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 04:04:37 pm by Detoxicated »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: July 12, 2015, 04:04:09 pm »

Well if none of your nomads are bandits I think nothing will go wrong and diplomatic friendships will be drawn.
"Correct. Although I am not quite sure how many of them are house trained. Hopefully they don't take a piss in the flowerpots anywhere."

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: July 12, 2015, 04:55:21 pm »

Uztot takes the form of a Kaag covered in red war paint. Or possibly blood. His staff turns into a spear.

"Come children. The forces of Conflict are no match for our strength, our purpose."

Uztot uses all his Power to bless the Aag soldiers with solidarity.

(Hey Farg, could you draw Uztot in war form?)

((Sure, but as I said in my previous PM, I have quite a lot to draw, so it might take a while. While we're talking about that, if anyone else is interested in a drawing from me, don't feel shy to ask. Just know that I already have a lot of drawings to do and that it might take a while.))
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: July 12, 2015, 06:16:03 pm »

Also... spend 4 Power on locating Utther, unless it would draw from my Crux.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: July 12, 2015, 06:18:03 pm »

Also... spend 4 Power on locating Utther, unless it would draw from my Crux.
(It may be better to say "spend up to 4 Power" just in case it's cheaper. If it's like Ye Gods, doing this would be a free action unless he's using magic to hide himself.)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: July 12, 2015, 06:55:45 pm »

"...Gai-gen....I have a request to ask of you...you may find it intriguing as well...I wish to create a race of beings...of clockwork and automation...grand towers growing and replicating...their inner gears revealing much to those who wish to learn...they would require an intricate knowledge of physics, and the principles of motion...I believe your aid would be very helpful in this matter for that reason..."
"...Gai-gen...could I ask for your aid with something...?...I wish to create a race of machines...magnificent towers which build themselves...and it would be easier with your assistance..."

"...Though, now I seek to create a different sort of automaton as well...to guard my followers and their Great Trees...if I might...but it is simply a query...you have no obligation to assist me, after all...I am certain you are likely busy with your own projects...I simply thought it prudent to ask...just to be certain..."
"Oh. I have realized that you exist. Perhaps after the next tick I will aid you with your project. But for now I have my own objectives."

((I said spend 4 Power and I mean it for two reasons: one: power training, and two: I have "privileged information" that leads me to believe that Utther is hiding himself with magic.))
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: July 12, 2015, 07:27:21 pm »

Spoiler: Kinsith (click to show/hide)
I create kinsith and tell the mortal races of its existence and properties.
Metal: 1-2E (Discounts included). You still need to teach them how to actually use it, this would only create the metal in the ground.
I forge a mundane sword out of kinsith. What properties does it have when I wield it? Is it better than my normal sword? (0 energy)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 11:34:52 pm by Andres »
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 137