Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 137

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯):IC Tick ?:Who art thou?  (Read 195904 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (22/⊕∵↯):IC Tick 11: Conquering
« Reply #975 on: June 13, 2015, 04:19:49 pm »

To the Maag Architect: "You cannot dig through sand easily, and the same for glass. This is why a desert is not the ideal area for mining. Metal is another option for construction, although it may be costly. I suggest you seek out the god of portals, for those may be of use for allowing such as you to build colonies on areas where mining is much easier, for instance in the dwarven mountains."
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: June 13, 2015, 04:20:17 pm »

((You missed my first actionpost))

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: June 13, 2015, 04:36:16 pm »

((You missed my first actionpost))

Indeed I did. It will be edited in.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: June 13, 2015, 04:44:29 pm »

((Stirk, you messed up income calculations))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: June 13, 2015, 04:48:33 pm »

((Wait, why is my mountain made out of sand? It's supposed to be made out of rocks, like pretty much every mountain in existence. I thought it was obvious enough that I wouldn't need to specify, especially after I inspected the crust to find any damage. I need to know if it's really going to remain sandstone before I can do anything.))
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: June 13, 2015, 04:50:37 pm »

The vision and sheer scale of this tower pleases me! Be blessed ye builders!

2 power to continue blessing the workers on the tower.

1 Essence to stabilize the Space Dungeon portals. ((I was hoping I'd stop when I could make as many portals as I could stably))
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 11:24:08 am by Demonic Spoon »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: June 13, 2015, 04:52:00 pm »

((Wait, why is my mountain made out of sand? It's supposed to be made out of rocks, like pretty much every mountain in existence. I thought it was obvious enough that I wouldn't need to specify, especially after I inspected the crust to find any damage. I need to know if it's really going to remain sandstone before I can do anything.))
((I would like to know this as well. Deserts always have a huge rocklayer under them. Why the shit is the whole thing sand?))

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: June 13, 2015, 04:58:00 pm »

((I would like to know this as well. Deserts always have a huge rocklayer under them. Why the shit is the whole thing sand?))
((Yeah, and since the mountain is the tallest in the world, how is that supposed to support itself and not fall apart if it's made out of sand?))

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: June 13, 2015, 05:01:55 pm »

((Exactly!))

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (21/⊕∵↯):IC Tick 10: Hello Friend!
« Reply #984 on: June 13, 2015, 05:07:00 pm »

The Loi'naaryt seem to be doing well, for a race that doesn't seem to exist?

((I created them on tick four:

Moi'aaty considers the Ironwood forests that he had raised, observing the rust coloured bark on older trees and the silvery grey of new growth.

Yes. This shall do nicely.

Moi'aaty creates a new race of mortals, the Loi'naaryt
Spoiler: Loi'naaryt (click to show/hide)

Create 6E worth of Loi'naaryt, spread across all three world fragments.

Arise Loi'naaryt, my children born of my own Essence and Crux. Arise and tend to the Ironwoods that are your homes and cradles. Be aware that there are other gods besides me, and other mortal races besides yourselves. How they will react to your existence has yet to be seen.

Tick 5: Penguins?

The Loi'naaryt are created and given the basics of tool use! They begin to make their homes deep in the Ironwood forests of the planets (-6E

So, they do indeed exist.))
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 05:52:26 am by Dutrius »
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: June 13, 2015, 05:25:17 pm »

((That is why you didn't have any crust damage. Trying to force a Mountain to grow like that near any civilizations would end up being devastating if done correctly. So, instead, the mechanism of mountain building was taking grains of sand from around the world and essentially teleporting them into the pile, which allows them to stay after the Power wears out, continues to look like a dune and fit in with the desert, and doesn't explode the planet into a new fragment.))

((Yeah, and since the mountain is the tallest in the world, how is that supposed to support itself and not fall apart if it's made out of sand?))

((The same way it works in all fiction settings: A God did it.))

((Whatever. The Mountain thing really isn't that important, if there is a backlash against it being formed of sand I could just transform it into sedimentary rock, which could be done with a similar mechanism but different materials.))

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: June 13, 2015, 05:37:05 pm »

((That is why you didn't have any crust damage. Trying to force a Mountain to grow like that near any civilizations would end up being devastating if done correctly. So, instead, the mechanism of mountain building was taking grains of sand from around the world and essentially teleporting them into the pile, which allows them to stay after the Power wears out, continues to look like a dune and fit in with the desert, and doesn't explode the planet into a new fragment.))

((Whatever. The Mountain thing really isn't that important, if there is a backlash against it being formed of sand I could just transform it into sedimentary rock, which could be done with a similar mechanism but different materials.))

((Yeah, I'd rather have it made out of stone please. The whole point of the mountain was to be an access to the stone crust.))

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: June 13, 2015, 05:50:18 pm »

((Yeah, I'd rather have it made out of stone please. The whole point of the mountain was to be an access to the stone crust.))

((Well I tried doing what you had wanted, the main problem was I had no idea what it was that you actually wanted it for  :-\.))

Turns out the mountain had actually been a conglomerate of sedimentary rock the entire time! There is several feet to several meters of sand covering it, the story that it was completely made of sand was simply a myth created by slow-thinking Saag who had come to false conclusions after accidentally digging into a sand-dune instead, while drunk. The Aag civilizations proceed to dig a quarry/temple into the side of the mountain, decorating it with glass. It is dark inside the temple, with no real way of bringing light inside practically.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: June 13, 2015, 05:53:28 pm »

May I suggest mirrors?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: June 13, 2015, 07:05:47 pm »

"...what would you like us to call you...little, risen, Stoneling...?...I would think that you deserve...a name of some sort...?..."

Initiate the planting of three new Great Trees with 1 Power each, and use 1 Power each to help them grow with weather manipulation until they can do so fairly well on their own. One will be planted by a shoreline. Another will be planted in a swamp. The last will be planted deeper in the desert, and will be a Great Mana Tree, capable of using it's own form of Great Magic, that few other Great things can. After all, it's filled with magical energy. As a result, it can accomplish almost any form of mortal magic, and some more on top of that (basic, usually big things, but especially growth magic, landscape manipulation, and weather manipulation. They cannot use their growth magic on themselves to do large permanent growth, but they can use it defensively(explosive growth beneath attacker's feet, for example).

Create/Enable the Root Drills, and advise the Saplings to ask the Stones for knowledge of metal working and the like.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 137