Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 137

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯):IC Tick ?:Who art thou?  (Read 195866 times)

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (21/⊕∵↯):IC Tick 10: Hello Friend!
« Reply #900 on: June 12, 2015, 02:35:10 am »

"Clearly Ritual Stone 6 might be onto something, we should be careful regarding him."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: June 12, 2015, 02:38:52 am »

"I class Ritstosix as interesting."

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: June 12, 2015, 03:22:05 am »

"I have too little power at the moment."
Rest.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: June 12, 2015, 07:24:13 am »

"Hm. Perhaps I..."

To the Weaponsmith: "An arrow is a projectile used in a bow to attack from a distance. A bolt is a smaller projectile used in a crossbow." Give him a crossbow design.
To the Maag Architect: "That is understandable. But you could dig through glass, correct? Sand may become glass when sufficient heat is applied." Use Essence(not if it would tap my Crux), bless the Maag Architect with the ability to project intense heat, heat hot enough to near instantaneously turn sand to glass.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 08:28:02 am by FallacyofUrist »
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: June 12, 2015, 07:57:12 am »

To the Maag Architect: "That is understandable. But you could dig through glass, correct? Sand may become glass when sufficient heat is applied." Use Essence(not if it would tap my Crux), bless the Maag Architect with the ability to project intense heat, heat hot enough to near instantaneously turn sand to glass.
((I believe a pyromancy magic system exists, so couldn't you just teach him that instead?))
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 09:02:00 am by Demonic Spoon »

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: June 12, 2015, 08:26:18 am »

"Well, maybe I should do some minor experiments."
Try to make something that makes fog, mist, etc. Make it in the desert, for stress testing (if it can make fog in the desert, it can make fog everywhere else).
"If I can make the water bound to the air, that would be great."

Edit: This means finding out how to make fog, for the sake of science.
Oh, and try to use as little power as possible, I want to do proper science.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 02:30:44 pm by Happy Demon »
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: June 12, 2015, 08:27:38 am »

((Oh.))

Actually, explain the concept of pyrourgy to the Maag Architect, and explain how it could be used to turn the sand to glass, allowing it to be tunneled through.

((Pyromancy is technically divination by fire.))
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: June 12, 2015, 10:31:53 am »

((Oh.))

Actually, explain the concept of pyrourgy to the Maag Architect, and explain how it could be used to turn the sand to glass, allowing it to be tunneled through.

This shouldn't be necessary. I have already ordered the Aag nation to begin extracting stone from the mountain.
Visit the Maag architect and tell him that the stone he needs will be extracted from the mountain. He should still use this power to create glass for his projects. Also encourage him to find a way to create glass without magic, as it will be easier to mass produce this way.

Edit: Apparently glassmaking is already a thing.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 11:04:54 am by FArgHalfnr »
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: June 12, 2015, 10:40:55 am »

((Oh.))

This shouldn't be necessary. I have already ordered the Aag nation to begin extracting stone from the mountain.
Visit the Maag architect and tell him that the stone he needs will be extracted from the mountain. He should still use this power to create glass for his projects. Also encourage him to find a way to create glass without magic, as it will be easier to mass produce this way.
The Maag already have knowledge of glassmaking, and are using this knowledge to make advanced telescopes.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 10:43:10 am by Demonic Spoon »

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: June 12, 2015, 12:48:35 pm »

"I shall help you, but then they shall have the purpose to bring the Durrakil Song from space to your followers. Singing the song should keep them alive. Agreed?"
I'm sorry, could you clarify? Do you mean that the Durakill song must be sung at all times, or just in space to keep them alive?
"I would like it to be heard at all times, but since you will likely become part of the durrakil canon you are not to be worried."

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: June 12, 2015, 01:10:42 pm »

Teach my nation how to fabricate and use ropes and pulleys to lift heavy weights. They should be used to help the construction of the temple and big buildings. Tell them to refine it to be able to build both larger and smaller models, and push it to it's most extreme sizes possible while still being usable.

Spend more time within the nation, chatting and helping the locals with various tasks. Use this opportunity to determine if other cults are present and how widespread they are, and find anything the nation might have invented on their own. Visit the Huon the clothier from time to time and befriend him. Do not use any resources for the actions in this paragraph.

Also respond to the talking stone:

I am grateful of your gifts of wisdom and knowledge, as they surely help the various civilizations to progress. If you wish to help, then maybe you could explain to us how did an object managed to gift itself sapience? This is a very intriguing phenomenon, which deserves to be studied.
Reshape the talking stone to give it a somewhat humanoid, human-sized body made out of stone, but as flexible as a human would be. Make this process not painful and have no impact of his mind beyond giving him the ability to move.
Here, consider this as a reward for the gifts you gave to the mortals. You will now be able to move on your own, use this to spread your gifts further.

Edit:
And finally, address the ants I gave an increased intellect:
You should now call yourselves Beta Ants. I believe this gift I gave you makes you different enough from the other ants to justify a new name.
Use 1E to increase their intellect further and spread the gift to more ants, which will be told to meet with the other Beta Ants. Do not do this if it is going to need crux instead.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 01:19:10 pm by FArgHalfnr »
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: June 12, 2015, 01:11:59 pm »

"Is it not better to ask Ritstosix if it wants a body instead of forcing one of your design on it?"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Create the Great Beasts. They are truly massive creatures, nearly Great Tree scale, and feed off of shadow. As a result, they are primarily nocturnal, so that they might collect food by moving. They can eat actual bio-mass if they need to, but they are larger enough that it is rather inefficient. They are typically slow moving due to their size, though more than capable of defending themselves. They can also use Great Magic, although it is instinctive, primarily to divert hurricanes or tornadoes and the like away from them.

Create a Great Seed to be planted near a coastline or river delta and use one power to help it control the weather while it grows.

Check on the Sapling's trade lines and developing culture and technology. Teach them about a bit about sailing and how to craft sailing ships. Teach them a bit about the other races.

Nilva contributes 2 Essence and her Wolf Sphere to the Great Beasts, making ones derived from wolves or wolf based fauna just slightly more common, as well as increasing the initial quantity.

Nilva pestures more mortals. Spending a couple power to summon a large quantity of Wiglas (Iguanawolves) in the area around anyone she bothers. The Wiglas evaporate into rainbows when they run out of power.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 01:18:21 pm by Kevak »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: June 12, 2015, 01:17:03 pm »

"...while I'm not unappreciative...you realize that their nature...is not inherently conducive...to wolves or other canines...?...they are slow, solitary...rather than swift-moving, pack hunters...if you are certain...then I thank you for the assistance, of course...perhaps my first Awakened Beast shall be a wolf...and the first Whelps based off wolves...though I would ask for your aid in that as well...if you are willing to give it..."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: June 12, 2015, 01:22:16 pm »

"Wolf derived creatures are not necessarily morphologically or socially identical to wolves either. An example would be Wakes. As for helping, I am quite willing to provide aid for those as well~"

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: June 12, 2015, 06:00:22 pm »

Spoiler: GM Only (click to show/hide)

Soul sense on the sapient stone. Soul sense on the Heretic Prophet and anyone else who used the stone. Soul sense to find the location of all the dead sentient animals. Soul sense to find non-sentient animals. Do non-/sentient animals glow less than sapient animals? Soul sense on the penguin I destroyed. Check Divine Library for history of the destruction of the penguin's soul. I compare the artifact linothorax to other linothoraxes. Any differences?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 10:04:16 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 137