Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 137

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯):IC Tick ?:Who art thou?  (Read 195383 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

"Very possibly. If he does, then that would be beneficial."

"By the way, when I say frail, I mean his body will be just as weak as a mortal's and will heal at the same rate. He'll just reform if he's burned to cinders. Although it will take years. And he'll be conscious for all of that. Also pain will be a thing."
"So in order to punish him for being a crochety old man, we should force him to live life as an immortal crochety old man.... I am not in support of this idea."
"No, we force him to live life as a frail, physically weak mortal. And then maybe send his owls after him."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Those with natural old man faces are immune to the owls."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"It's implied we'll modify them."

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"It's implied we'll modify them."
Dont you dare touch my owls!
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I will touch your owls if I damn well please."

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I will touch your owls if I damn well please."
I swear by all that is not as shit as everything else in this world which has to pass for "good" that if you touch my owls there will be a day of reckoning the likes of which have never been seen before! And that threat is not diminished by the fact this universe has never had a day of reckoning!
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 05:15:42 pm by Jbg97 »
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

"Mr. Genocide, you are outnumbered, and it's fairly obvious that you caused this catastrophe. Anyway. Should we do this now, or is there another piece of evidence that needs examination?"

"Is that your mad tone?"
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile

The punishment seems fairer than what a certain lynch mob demanded not so long ago, although if this sentence is carried out, maybe we should look at instigator of a certain flood?
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

___
Vaporize Mr. Genocide: Gai-gen, Teburshe, Nilva
Let Him Live:
___

"Well, it's either you or Mavnon. Would someone check to see if Mavnon spent a large chunk of Power or Essence last turn? And besides, Power only does temporary things."
"...why do you assume I want him vaporized?....he is a nuisance, to be sure...but he does not deserve death...only...what do mortals call it...ah yes...a good spanking..."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Nilva has derived a punishment that is fittingly severe, yet leaves him alive. And as for the flood: we can look into that after the Chairman election and this trial."

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Personally I consider the flood a good thing. Promoted plant growth and therefore animal population increases as well as innovation. Before this, waterproof clothes weren't a think for example. Not to mention it made many lakes, rendering previously inhospitable areas habitable. Although in the future. Additional storms need to be weaker and shorter to prevent the world from flooding and not near Maag inhabited areas for obvious reasons."

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Agreed. Unexpected benefits may come from happenings which appear horrible at the start. However some things... namely killing off leaders... have no benefit."

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A major flood that no doubt killed many more people than the leader die off is forgiven as having possible benefits? Well, if the leaders died off, new people would be forced to rise and adapt. That's much better than some shitty water. I never liked water anyway, it's too wet to be of use to anyone.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Oh, the flood isn't forgiven entirely. And besides, if the leaders die, why would new leaders not emerge and restore the previous system?"

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"A moderate flood that caused some casualties but was avoidable if prepared for and caused a large number of benefits. Compared to indiscriminate slaughter of leaders, beloved community members, and in general anybody with some level of vested authority by their community. Killing scholars, artists, police, craftsmen, and anyone who is a pillar of their community, resulting in mass stagnation."
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 137