Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 137

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯):IC Tick ?:Who art thou?  (Read 195730 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

"Gaius....Thyerus....Sharbelle..."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile

"Creo, Bal, Destro would be my suggestions for names, though I like the sound of Gaius"

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile

Skolld looks around, and then notices the wolves.
"These creatures seem to not have anything binding them. No morality, no civilization, no... sapience. This needs to be rectified, they need a binding.
Maybe I should make them guardians of nature? There's no other creatures here to do that, and the binding comes with some perks.
"

Take a group of wolves, and bind their bodies to the elements, making them feel the pain of environmental damage on their bodies.
But the elements are also bound to them, so they can bend it to their will, making them capable of using elemental powers.
This curse shall be bound to their bones, and be hereditary.

((Basically, make fire wolves and such.))
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile

The books within the library are those of history. Inventions would be mentioned, but not with enough detail to replicate them. Furthermore, the Library does not work with anything as ambiguous as "invention", one needs to know what they are looking for to find it within the library.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile

"Well, I am sure we should add a part to the library to add descriptive pieces on inventions, so even if much is lost due to conflict, some cultural goods can still be replicated by the survivors who find the library."

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Well, I am sure we should add a part to the library to add descriptive pieces on inventions, so even if much is lost due to conflict, some cultural goods can still be replicated by the survivors who find the library."

If we add such a part to the library, it would need to be restricted to only show the inventions of the visitor's nation. Otherwise we run into the trouble of seeing this library used to steal technology, which in return might push some of us to destroy it. I do not wish to see it's destruction, as such a tool can be quite useful for many reasons.

And also, I support your naming proposition for the planets.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile

I'd rather we didin't. It comes too close to simply giving them the knowlege. What point there is to partake in experimentation, if other races can do it for you? Fruits of work are for the worker to chose to share.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

"Gaius....Thyerus....Sharbelle..."
"I like the first two but not the last."

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile

If we add such a part to the library, it would need to be restricted to only show the inventions of the visitor's nation. Otherwise we run into the trouble of seeing this library used to steal technology, which in return might push some of us to destroy it. I do not wish to see it's destruction, as such a tool can be quite useful for many reasons.

And also, I support your naming proposition for the planets.

Maybe it should be a hidden vault of sorts, only accessible to a few selected people."

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile

If I wanted to waste essense for absolutely no effect whatsoever I would simply give it to you. Library would change to accommodate the times, but for now the inventions are of incredible importance for mortal races, as the advantages they grant are immense. For now, the Library will serve for mortal races to gain knowledge of each other and themselves. It shall be there as a permanent remainder of what has been and what happened to the ancestors of mortal races.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lithus creates sandcotton. It is similar to cotton, but suited to survive in the desert landscape. Black, pointy, sturdy and sharp leaves grow near the cotton to absorb as much sunlight as possible. The leaves are strong enough to be used as a cutting tool, but are inferior to most metals. Their light weight makes them suitable to be used as arrowhead. The sandcotton is spread only in Maag territory.

Here, my children. I will let you discover uses for this new plant yourselves. I believe in you.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 12:30:51 pm by FArgHalfnr »
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica

Moi'aaty considers the Ironwood forests that he had raised, observing the rust coloured bark on older trees and the silvery grey of new growth.

Yes. This shall do nicely.

Moi'aaty creates a new race of mortals, the Loi'naaryt
Spoiler: Loi'naaryt (click to show/hide)

Create 6E worth of Loi'naaryt, spread across all three world fragments.

Arise Loi'naaryt, my children born of my own Essence and Crux. Arise and tend to the Ironwoods that are your homes and cradles. Be aware that there are other gods besides me, and other mortal races besides yourselves. How they will react to your existence has yet to be seen.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"We should name the three planets. Any suggestions?"
"Bal, Therus, and Dova for the planet fragments. Kyolin for the sun."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

"The sun needs no name...there is only one, and thus no need to differentiate it from others of it's ilk...of the world-shards there are three, and to distinguish between them more easily in communication, names are necessary...as we all have different ideas, but some are similar and some are supported...what about Gaius, Thyerus, and Bal...?"
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

"The sun needs no name...there is only one, and thus no need to differentiate it from others of it's ilk...of the world-shards there are three, and to distinguish between them more easily in communication, names are necessary...as we all have different ideas, but some are similar and some are supported...what about Gaius, Thyerus, and Bal...?"
"I'll second this."
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 137