Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 137

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯):IC Tick ?:Who art thou?  (Read 188864 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

"Exactly!"

"I think it would be a dick move to claim any sapient race is superior yet. They pretty much all just were created."

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile

"Exactly!"

"I think it would be a dick move to claim any sapient race is superior yet. They pretty much all just were created."

The writhes took the most essence to create. Reason dictates that they have innate superiority to justify their higher essence cost.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

"The only thing they have done so far is examine some ribbons. No progress otherwise."

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Izgamlo creates the first magic system! The portal magic! Several Ants begin researching its use.
Commend the ants on taking the initiative in uncovering the secrets of magic. Help them to completely understand it, but don't do all the work for them.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile

"Fellow Gods, I ask you: which race is the most deserving of a spotlight in this universe? I have decided to bestow a blessing upon the most worthy, but am unsure of which is the noblest of the races."

Mavnon smiled. "Noblility is such a very...fluid concept. But were I to choose, I would nominate the Ants. They have proven resilient and are already in the process of finishing their revolution."

Mavnon looked into the unknown. "The Maag too are intrepid creatures, if only they could prove it to the world." Mavnon knew very well that the Maag were watching.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I think it would be a dick move to claim any sapient race is superior yet. They pretty much all just were created."[/glow][/color]

"This is very true. I'll tell you what; I will give each of the mortal races a unique blessing. I will heed Mavnon's advice and gift the ants first, primarily due to the feats they have already performed."

Craft the Ring of Magic. It is gold and inset with a moonstone. Whoever wears the ring will have heightened magical ability and keen intelligence. It changes shape based on the will of the wearer.
Once it is crafted, appear before the strongest ant leader. Spend one Power to light up my entrance and strike awe into his heart. Gift him the ring, telling him of the power it will earn him.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 11:39:04 pm by DontBanTheMan »
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

"Such reasoning would be rather poor...after all, Nilva could make a wolf race more cheaply than we...but her creations would likely be better than ours....moreover, what determines superiority...?...I will decline to comment as to which race...is most fit to receive the blessings of the God of Greed...it will only create strife, without purpose behind it...conflict, without reason, is anarchy....I am concerned by the bitterness...of the newest arrival, however....it seems likely he will try to destroy...what we have made, out of little more than spite...or perhaps jealousy. I could not say if these even truly are his motivations....but I would by far prefer not to have to deal...with an impudent child, attempting to ruin my garden...whilst spouting nonsense all the while...."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Such reasoning would be rather poor...after all, Nilva could make a wolf race more cheaply than we...but her creations would likely be better than ours..."
The Writhes, obsessed with knowledge as they are, were also made for less essence by their creator than would normally be possible for other gods.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Fellow Gods, I ask you: which race is the most deserving of a spotlight in this universe? I have decided to bestow a blessing upon the most worthy, but am unsure of which is the noblest of the races."
"Humanity, obviously. With only my teachings of basic agriculture, pottery, and writing, they have created cities, fed those cities, built wondrous temples in my name, and have worked illustrations into their writing to tell epic stories. Their bodies make them the best warriors and they already have experience as the first and only hunters in the world. They are the best traders thanks to their technology, their bodies which let them travel far, their charisma which is a boon for negotiations, and the pack animals they gained from being the foremost in animal taming and training. No other race has yet to match Humanity."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Keep in mind I am mainly the God of Leadership, Teburshe. Besides, your narrow-sightedness when it comes to the universe isn't desired, anyway."

"Humanity, obviously. With only my teachings of basic agriculture, pottery, and writing, they have created cities, fed those cities, built wondrous temples in my name, and have worked illustrations into their writing to tell their stories. Their bodies make them the best warriors and they already have experience as the first and only hunters in the world. They are the best traders thanks to their technology, their bodies which let them travel far, their charisma which is a boon for negotiations, and the pack animals they gained from being the foremost in animal taming and training. No other race has yet to match Humanity."

"Though I believe they are outmatched by the magical progress of the ants, I agree that the frail little humans astound me. I will think about gifting them next."
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 11:43:46 pm by DontBanTheMan »
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I also decline comment as to the superiority of any single sapient race."

Uztot turns his attention back to the world fragments, and spreads 10k Naiads across their surface.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Though I believe they are outmatched by the magical progress of the ants, I agree that the frail little humans astound me. I will think about gifting them next."
"Frail is the wrong word. Saplings are like tree saplings in strength, Maag are built more for fleeing from engagements than fighting, and Humans can move faster and have a height advantage over the Dwarves. As for the Ants, they are literally ant-sized. Even with their magic they wouldn't stand a chance against even a Human child."

(Seriously, Humans are the most physically-capable sapient race in this game. I wasn't even intending that!)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 11:54:41 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Frail is the wrong word. Saplings are like tree saplings in strength, Maag are built more for fleeing from engagements than fighting, and Humans can move faster and have a height advantage over the Dwarves. As for the Ants, they are literally ant-sized. Even with their magic they wouldn't stand a chance against even a Human child."

(Seriously, Humans are the most physically-capable sapient race in this game. I wasn't even intending that!)
((Lolwut? Portals are pretty lethal used right))

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile

Aurosseu listens to the prayers of his followers.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Do my hearth spirits get points for being the only incorporeal race?)

Edit: (Is it bad that I'm looking forward to one-uping the humans now with my lizard people now? Assuming I get around to making them...)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 12:02:35 am by Vgray »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 137