Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 137

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯):IC Tick ?:Who art thou?  (Read 188854 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (16/⊕∵↯):IC Tick 2: Boom
« Reply #300 on: June 01, 2015, 12:36:22 am »

"Do not believe Mavnon. He is the god of Conflict and so it is in his nature to lie if it would create conflict. Hate him if you want or pity him if you don't, for he is unable to rise above his nature. Now, my creations, let me tell you the true story of the universe..."

Go to Humanity, find people with very good memory, and tell them about what actually happened during creation.

Afterwards, I'll teach them agriculture, writing, and pottery (including mud-bricks). After they learn writing (and thus reading), I record the events of creation as they actually went in writing.

I ordain the wisest of my people as priests (being a new race they are all equally zealous) and command them thus: For an entire season ((or the equivalent of one)) they are to worship me exclusively. The rest of the seasons, they may worship other gods but those who continue to worship me exclusively shall be favoured. All gods may be worshipped except for Izgamlo, who would break the universe for mere curiosity and would do far worse unto mortals for even lesser reasons and Mavnon, who would have mortals destroy themselves for mere amusement.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 12:59:01 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: June 01, 2015, 12:38:55 am »

Please stop spreading your lies to my creation, mavnon. I see no problem with having you fill the head of your followers with nonsense, but that doesn't mean I will let you do the same to my species. These kinds of beliefs only leads to dogmas, one of the things I despite the most in existence. However I must admit I found your categorization of gods as selfish and selfless based on their contribution quite funny. I will let my species believe in this portion at least.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: June 01, 2015, 12:40:06 am »

"Personally I like the hidden things title~ Mystery is fun!"

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: June 01, 2015, 12:42:05 am »

Up in the Heavens beyond the earshot of mortals, Mavnon rushed at Iliseth with a giant smile that seems uncanny on a goddess of Conflict.

"See? Conflict drives action and action drives progress!"

With a triumphant feeling, Mavnon rushed back down to the Torus to watch Humanity closely. As the centuries passed, Mavnon noticed how Iliseth made her people dedicate their society to worship of her and the rest of the gods. She found their beliefs of Izgamlo and himself amusing, and just as she had desired. After a few decades of thinking, Mavnon began her plan in earnest.

Please stop spreading your lies to my creation, mavnon. I see no problem with having you fill the head of your followers with nonsense, but that doesn't mean I will let you do the same to my species. These kinds of beliefs only leads to dogmas, one of the things I despite the most in existence. However I must admit I found your categorization of gods as selfish and selfless based on their contribution quite funny. I will let my species believe in this portion at least.

"Then act and tell them to do otherwise; they'll believe me if you do not."

« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 03:41:30 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: June 01, 2015, 12:48:13 am »

Appear to many members of humanity and explain to them that Illiseth is a lying liar who lies. It was I, Izgamlo who created them, and they should worship me above all others.

Also, claims that I'm trying to break the universe are vastly exaggerated, the other gods are just under the mistaken impression that the universe is made of fine porcelain and delicate flower petals. I also have no plans to destroy mortals for any reasons.

I ask them to but look at the heavens, all around them they will see my symbol, the dark sun if they know but where to look. I am the one who created the heavens and all beneath it

Debunk Mavnon's myths about me wanting to destroy the world and transporting demons as well. (free?)

Appear to the ants and inform them the archons are foul oppressors forced upon them by Mavnon. If they wished to be free they must fight the mind-controlling pheromones and kill the archons.

Inform the ants that the myths spread by Mavnon are lies, I never destroyed any worlds nor did I transport any demons. The world below is fractured as a result of the other gods squabbling like children over its shape, and clumsily building it with power they do not yet understand. (free?)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 11:20:34 am by Demonic Spoon »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: June 01, 2015, 12:51:14 am »

(I was actually in the process of getting my dudes to learn when you posted your thing.)

"So what should we name the star? I'm half-tempted to name it after myself." Iliseth smiles a bit. "'Kyolin' for the star, perhaps?"
(I'd give a suggestion for the planet but there are multiple fragments and Stirk didn't tell us how many there were. That is, if we were naming the fragments individually and not altogether.)

Use soul sense to check whether plants have souls or not. Keep an eye on Humanity and see if they're born with souls. Look at the gods again now that they've used some of their energy. I use 3 Power to do so.

Appear to many members of humanity (especially the youngest and most newly ordained priests) and explain to them that Illiseth is a lying liar who lies. It was I, Izgamlo who created them, and they should worship me above all others.

Also, claims that I'm trying to break the universe are vastly exaggerated, the other gods are just under the mistaken impression the universe is made of fine porcelain.

I ask them but to look at the heavens, all around them they will see my symbol, the dark sun if they know but where to look. I am the one who created the heavens and all beneath it (free?)

Appear to the ants and inform them the archons are foul oppressors forced upon them by Mavnon. If they wished to be free they must fight the mind-controlling pheromones and kill the archons.

(These lies are so blatant I don't even need to argue against them. :P)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 12:52:45 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: June 01, 2015, 12:52:25 am »

"Do not listen to him my children. I will tell you the true story of creation."

Uztot tells the Hearth Keepers the truth and nudges them in the direction of Humanity.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: June 01, 2015, 01:02:17 am »

"Another action, then I shall retire for a time."

Mavnon descended unto the temple-settlements of humanity in the guise of a man. Garbed in common clothes, he walked the muddied streets and listened for the smallest hint of ambition. That he found was not at all difficult. Over the span of years, Mavnon imparted knowledge on one she knew would serve him well.

Her chosen was a woman named Illyria, a woman of amber skin and small beady eyes. She was, without a doubt, a degenerate. She did everything to excess; hunger,drink, pleasure and sleep. And yet behind these faults was a woman who knew what should be done, what had to be done. As such, Mavnon did not give up when she found the woman sleeping in the sty, nor when she debased herself on the temple steps. No, Mavnon showed no emotion, only nodding and waiting.

In time, Illyria seemed to understand the foolishness of her act; without meaning her actions were nothing. The pleasure of the flesh was nothing to the pleasure of the mind. And so, giving up her youthful idiocy, she began to open her soul to Mavnon's teachings.

By the end, she had been changed. Her mentor had not imparted pure knowledge, but wisdom and power. Her mind thought fast; a solution to a multitude of problems. She knew now, after all these years, what the master had prepared for. She was to be an Agent of Progress, of Discovery, of Invention. By her sharp mind, the secrets of the universe would be her's...Forever.

Bound a human named Illyria into a Pact: she will become immortal and  have the unusually great ability to Discover and Invent. She has also learnt Mavnon's skill at weaponry and learning to fight with any weapon comes easily to her. Most of Illyria's inventions/discoveries, while probably benign, can cause Conflict. Every century, her current body dies and her souls is transported into the nearest newborn child. At the age of 12, the child regains the memories of her forbear. Use Crux if I have to.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 06:04:43 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: June 01, 2015, 01:29:59 am »

"Mavnon, rather than have her soul transported into the nearest child, why not have it reincarnate into a newborn so that no children have to die in order for this 'Illyria' to live? If you do not, then people will simply lock her up for her entire life to minimise the amount of deaths."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: June 01, 2015, 01:32:20 am »

((Thought I did write that in? Editing.))
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: June 01, 2015, 01:35:29 am »

(I was actually in the process of getting my dudes to learn when you posted your thing.)

"So what should we name the star? I'm half-tempted to name it after myself." Iliseth smiles a bit. "'Kyolin' for the star, perhaps?"
(I'd give a suggestion for the planet but there are multiple fragments and Stirk didn't tell us how many there were. That is, if we were naming the fragments individually and not altogether.)
((Three. There are three torus fragments.))

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: June 01, 2015, 01:37:29 am »

((Three. There are three torus fragments.))
((Where exactly does it say that? Can you quote it?))

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: June 01, 2015, 01:41:11 am »

(Important update)

The sun seed finally finishes its growth cycle, forming a massive rod in space. The strange energy seems to grow as it gives off intense heat, giving life to the newly formed ants. The star seems to mostly stabilize, slowly performing its purpose. How several of the Gods feel about this is yet to be seen.

In the surrounding areas, the planet also decides on its final shape. The tendrils of dust form into the relatively new addition, surrounding the sun over the course of centuries in an absolutely massive twisting torus. It begins spinning around its sun slowly, the dust now having settled down to mere dust storm levels. The beginnings of different biomes can be seen in the different temperatures of the world, as the Gods had intended.

Finally, the dust on the planet settled completely, as the massive amount of Power input into it seems to vanish. For a moment, the planet is finally stable. Then, massive tremors run through the structure, shaking it to the very core of the planet. Every inch of the twisting torus begins vibrating in different directions! Cracks begin to appear in different locations. All at once, entire plates of earth launch themselves in different directions, flying into the Void. Craters, ranging from absurdly massive to fist sized, fill the surface of the planet. Several sections of the loop simply vanish into dust, breaking what was once a complete loop around the sun into three uneven pieces separated by hundreds of miles of Void. Several areas seem to remain untouched, only to have had their core and mantle removed to become husks of crust. As a final insult, a flare several dozen miles long erupts from the sun and scorches what was once an untouched part of the planet.

As the event finally settles, it seems that not nearly all is lost. Hundreds of millions of square miles have been left completely untouched, with a majority of the cratered area being perfectly habitable to normal life. The planet has been damaged, but not broken.
((Emphasis mine.))

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: June 01, 2015, 01:42:40 am »

(Ah. Thanks. I have no suggestions, though. :()

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: June 01, 2015, 06:47:39 am »

Liram broods, and briefly mutters something about art, demons, and heat energy.

Crack-a-lack-a
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 137