Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 137

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯):IC Tick ?:Who art thou?  (Read 188819 times)

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The shade of a dragon smiles at Aurosseu.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile

"Have I told you how much I like your hat?"
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile

"Ah, but your logic only works in the realm of Dreams, or when the gods actively change Creation itself. I agree that whatever the assumption, it is correct by virtue of being a Dream or the action of any of our peers. Knowing this, I cannot at all agree with what you say is logic. It is arbitrary; objects have their properties as demanded by the Dream or God. There is no comprehension and no prediction; it simply happens. As such, while you are correct that to perceive is everything, that only applies in Dreams or when the Gods are actively at work. In all other cases, what a man perceives means nothing when faced with the object description of what he perceives."

Mavnon watched as the other Aurosseu disembarked from the train.

"Take your multiple bodies for example. I perceive both as yourself and without further investigation, I would conclude that both are equal parts of the whole. However, objectively, neither are you. As gods, these bodies are but a way we communicate with one another and interact with the world. What we are in truth, is but a conglomeration of Essence tied together in Crux kept sapient by our assigned desires."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I always hated it. It clashes horribly with the color of my scales."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Starting to wonder if I should go insane and start playing as Yaos....)
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Iliseth can join Uztot in the insanity club.)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Ah, but your logic only works in the realm of Dreams, or when the gods actively change Creation itself. I agree that whatever the assumption, it is correct by virtue of being a Dream or the action of any of our peers. Knowing this, I cannot at all agree with what you say is logic. It is arbitrary; objects have their properties as demanded by the Dream or God. There is no comprehension and no prediction; it simply happens."
"Yes, Dream Logic indeed only works in dreams and in divine action. No, it is indeed not actual logic. Yes, it is indeed arbitrary, incomprehensible and unpredictable. Do note, however, that everything I'm involved in is divine action."
"As such, while you are correct that to perceive is everything, that only applies in Dreams or when the Gods are actively at work. In all other cases, what a man perceives means nothing when faced with the object description of what he perceives."
"Wrong. Say a man notices something in tall grass. Seeing it to be a harmless piece of rope, he walks into the grass, but is surprised when the wake bites and mortally wounds him. Had he recognized it, he could and would have known to avoid it and saved his life."
"Take your multiple bodies for example. I perceive both as yourself and without further investigation, I would conclude that both are equal parts of the whole. However, objectively, neither are you. As gods, these bodies are but a way we communicate with one another and interact with the world. What we are in truth, is but a conglomeration of Essence tied together in Crux kept sapient by our assigned desires."
"We are more than that. These forms portray how we view ourselves, and important part of one's being. While yes, behind the mask is an object, its nuances give it its essentia. This shines through in our forms. If we were only our spheres, you'd expect our forms to simply be idealistic representations of them. Yet they are not (well, except Gai-gen's)."

"Hey, Uztot's daydream dragon. Two things: what's your name, and could you try to do something on the planet, such as move a pebble? Make sure Uztot can't see you doing it. I'm interested to see how real the dream of a God actually is."

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I have many names, but Azem will suffice."

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile

When I start recording history, It will be so hard to make anyone believe this actualy happened. Why must you make my work difficult?
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile

When I start recording history, It will be so hard to make anyone believe this actualy happened. Why must you make my work difficult?
Why is belief in the truth necessary?

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Oh, but don't they say that truth is stranger than fiction? And remember, that was just practice. A real fight would be another matter entirely."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile

"Ah, but your logic only works in the realm of Dreams, or when the gods actively change Creation itself. I agree that whatever the assumption, it is correct by virtue of being a Dream or the action of any of our peers. Knowing this, I cannot at all agree with what you say is logic. It is arbitrary; objects have their properties as demanded by the Dream or God. There is no comprehension and no prediction; it simply happens."
"Yes, Dream Logic indeed only works in dreams and in divine action. No, it is indeed not actual logic. Yes, it is indeed arbitrary, incomprehensible and unpredictable. Do note, however, that everything I'm involved in is divine action."
"As such, while you are correct that to perceive is everything, that only applies in Dreams or when the Gods are actively at work. In all other cases, what a man perceives means nothing when faced with the object description of what he perceives."
"Wrong. Say a man notices something in tall grass. Seeing it to be a harmless piece of rope, he walks into the grass, but is surprised when the wake bites and mortally wounds him. Had he recognized it, he could and would have known to avoid it and saved his life."
"We are more than that. These forms portray how we view ourselves, and important part of one's being. While yes, behind the mask is an object, its nuances give it its essentia. This shines through in our forms. If we were only our spheres, you'd expect our forms to simply be idealistic representations of them. Yet they are not (well, except Gai-gen's)."

"A fine counterpoint. True, we do not completely give into our Primal Desire for we have aspects that do not obey the Desire. Though I desire Conflict, I do not seek to rend all friendships. In the same way, though your Desire is to Dream, even you must bow to the Waking World at times."

"However, would our forms truly require an ideal representation? Think of a mortal sapient. Their purpose is simply to reproduce and worship; would it not be best to simply create a form that nothing more than a reproductive system and a mind fit only for worship? No, for such creatures would barely feed our forms. The same goes for ourselves. Although our anthropomorphised bodies are not the essential components, they increase their quality and as such we are better for it."

"As for the analogy of the wake...I do not see how I am wrong. He perceived it as a rope when objectively it was a dangerous creature. This only seems to prove my point."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"However, would our forms truly require an ideal representation? Think of a mortal sapient. Their purpose is simply to reproduce and worship; would it not be best to simply create a form that nothing more than a reproductive system and a mind fit only for worship? No, for such creatures would barely feed our forms. The same goes for ourselves. Although our anthropomorphised bodies are not the essential components, they increase their quality and as such we are better for it."
"Yes, it would in fact not be best to create mortals in a form that can only reproduce and worship. However, unlike them, our forms do not add to our power or effectiveness. Gai-gen or Izgamlo's lack of hands does not limit their use of tools. The armour you wear does not protect you any more than my robe, nor does it encumber you. Would we have this discussion any differently if our forms were in fact the symbolic ideals of our spheres?"

Aurosseu briefly blinks to the symbolic form of a rising sun before returning to his primary form.

"As for the analogy of the wake...I do not see how I am wrong. He perceived it as a rope when objectively it was a dangerous creature. This only seems to prove my point."
"Simply put, had he perceived it correctly, he wouldn't have died. Objectively, a dangerous wake is a dangerous wake, yet perception governs over life and death in this case."

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

"Now to wait. And watch."
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I teach the Maag how to use plant fiber from the trees to make ropes if they do not know how to yet. If they do know I congratulate them for their cleverness instead.

After taking care of his creation, Lithus come to see what the other divinities are up to.

Oh dear, what the hell have been going on while I was out there?
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 137