Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 137

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯):IC Tick ?:Who art thou?  (Read 188853 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (16/⊕∵↯):IC Tick 2: Boom
« Reply #330 on: June 01, 2015, 08:19:17 pm »

Tick 3: A thousand lies

Nilva spends more time examining the nothing. From what they can tell, the difference between the normal Nothing and the new Nothing is Nothing.

The second race is born, spreading over the untouched land on the damaged planet. They are much more separated then the other race, forming multiple tribes in different biomes of several thousand each. (Iliseth -5E)

Far away, in a tree-friendly biome, the area is prepared for the Great Tree. The weather is made perfect, for the time being, as the tree is planted. It grows quickly, though on a mortal scale much time passes. Once their home is created, ten thousand denizens grow from the ground, starting their new lives. Many mortal years later, a grey cloud envelops the newly formed species, helping to speed their growth. ( Teburshe-3E, 4P,6C)

Iliseth makes a long tube with holes on both ends so she can see to the other side. However, the holes are nowhere to be found, and she thus can not actually use it. (Iliseth -2P)

The first non-copreal race is formed, a race of fire spirits that inhabit hearths. They do not seem to have a body as the rest of the races do, existing on a different plane. How they will get along with the tree people is yet to be seen. (Uztot -3E)

Back on the Ant's moon, a quarter undergo a swift transformation, doubling in size and gaining new abilities. These Archons swiftly take over the inside of the moon, subjugating the rest of the population to their will using their pheromones. (Mavnon -6E)

Again, flipping to a completely different area, there is a massive crater where the mantle flows to the surface surrounded by a scorched desert. Finally deciding to use the destruction to his advantage, 10 thousand adorable Maag crawl out of the sand and into their new home (Lithus/Luthus -6E).

A new God joins the mass of Godlings! He was kind enough to introduce himself.

Mavnon decides to spread a story to the mortals, which is almost completely fabricated. Several other Gods immediately called him out on this, explaining to the Mortals their own version. Many mortals seem quite conflicted about this, perhaps his goal all along? In the end, most listen to their creators with few still actually believing Mavnon's story. It is still popular in much of the world(s?) as a work of fiction, with the terms "Janis" and "Aljis" entering the languages to define Godly acts.

((I didn't specify, which appearently means they default to sapient. And I have no problem with that. The sapience.))

((Actually, it defaults to my common sense  :P. I thought you wanted sapience.))

Iliseth continues her high level of activity, appearing to the Humans to explain her story. Afterwords, she teaches them rudimentary things. Agriculture begins, with the simple cultivation of many edible plants starting. The humans, finding that they have nothing to write on, decide to use the skills their God gave them to make some. They end up etching their words into pottery, often with an artist's drawing nearby. As for the story they are ordered to chronicle, they etch it into a mud-brick temple along with illustrations. She continues to give them orders on who they can worship, though none particularly want to worship any other God for the time being. The other races seem to now have a familiarity with at least the concepts introduced to humans.

Mavnon then creates a series of stones, granting several objects to mortals depending on their wishes in return for biomass. He puts them around the Sapling's giant tree, in random locations. No one seems to find them yet, they simply sit waiting....(Mavnon -8C)

Izgamlo appears before the Humans, claiming to be their creator. They seem to be wary of him, likely due to Iliseth's low opinion of him, but listen out of fear. He then appears before his own creations, giving them orders to rise up against their new oppressors. These are heard almost immediately. A small group of ants calling themselves the "Alpha Ants", who seem to be more intelligent and slightly larger then the others, let loose a coordinated attack on several Archons, tearing them apart completely using their mandibles and releasing ants from their control. They then start leading the ants in the revolution, making swift gains in the colony. Soon, half the moon was under control of the Archons, half under the Alpha's. An Alpha poet made an epic poem describing the battles to inspire his followers, titled "The Ants go marching one by one Hurra. Hurra." Fighting continues as both sides battle for the rest.

A disease ravages the remaining Archons, apparently spreading through ordinary ants but only effecting their leadership. Most of those who where still alive at this point die, with the few survivors isolating themselves from their servants leaving "pheromone letters" for them to follow. The Alpha's take advantage of this situation to take control over the majority of the moon, with only a few strongholds left for the Archons. The Alphas report that they will eradicate their enemies with little issue, and are planning a final invasion to remove the enemies.

Iliseth continues her flight of activity, examining more things. She finds that humans are, in fact, born with souls. Plants do not, save for the sentient ones such as the Sapling race.

Uztot informs his race of his side of the story, while pointing them in the direction of the human tribes. Many find a pleasant fire to live by, whether in the mud brick homes of the humans or on one of the many kilns, obviously preferring Hearths when available.

Mavnon finds a human woman, observing her life. In the end, he decides to grant her a form of immortality so she may further the cause of Conflict, granting several abilities to do so. (Mavnon -2E). As she gets her powers, she puts her hand to her chin and thinks for a second. She then snaps her fingers, walking to a nearby pot dedicated to Iliseth and smashes it against the ground. She takes the sharpest shard and ties cloth to the other end, making a makeshift dagger. After smiling of her work, she finds the human word for "Iliseth" on one of the shards and set it down. Then, using her dagger, she carves words into the ground "threatened to kill me". She then points to this message looking up at the sky, hoping any God will see it while not praying.

Lithus/Luthus creates a massive obelisk with the text of the Gods scrolling up it, so they may know what is happening. The Maag, being quite intelligent and having heard of writing from the Humans, begin reading it immediately. If the Mortals have not discovered how fragmented the Gods are yet, the certainly know now (Lithus/Luthus -1C).

He then spreads plants suited for this race through the desert, to be cultivated by his race. They begin making their own homes out of sandstone bricks, which may or may not involve their bodily fluids. Next, he further clarifies the language used, helping them understand the runes they where still unfamiliar with.

The new world, already filled with countless plants and several intelligent species, is now seeded with wildlife courtesy of Nilva. Many of these species seem to be based on wolves. Humans soon use the new pottery weaponry to go hunting, developing a taste for meat and have begun attempting to domesticate animals. Several other races have been developing different relationships with the new wildlife.  (Nilva -4E)

((Don't think so. Pretty sure he said only plants game.))

(This is true)

Several thousand dwarves appear in uninhabited land. They begin mining ore to make copper, which they naturally know can be smelted into usable metal. They seem to be debating what to use this metal for, with several innovative ideas coming up. The debate seems to spread to other technologies as well, they seem to be catching up pretty fast... ('Sevron-6E)

Several mortals who are capable of sleep are reporting strange nightmares. The same towns that have the nightmares are reporting other odd behavior, mostly a paranoia filling the town.

Spoiler: Deities (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 11:53:31 pm by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (17/⊕∵↯):IC Tick 2: Boom
« Reply #331 on: June 01, 2015, 08:29:36 pm »

"Interesting. Conflict. Divisions."

Once(if) the dwarves are created, appear to them and explain what engineering is to them. Use two essence(if I have it, otherwise not) to empower a male dwarf named Sankis with immortality as a gift from me. Make clear that it was I who did that to him.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: June 01, 2015, 08:31:40 pm »

Nilva pokes the new Nothing with the divine equivalent of a stick.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: June 01, 2015, 09:25:54 pm »

Some plantlife of the world:

Plants who grow mirrorleaves around them to reflect additional sunlight onto their main photosynthesizing leaves & stalk.

"Vampire" Vines that root themselves in the trunks of tree, growing their roots into the heartwood of the tree, sucking up all available nutrients and sap to feed themselves, causing the tree to wither and die.

Aquatic plants that grow on the surface of water. During their adolescent phase they grow specialized "sail" leaves which drop off after a few weeks/months, to help them spread and propagate themselves across the sea/ocean/lake by being blown around by the wind.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 11:26:35 pm by Demonic Spoon »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: June 01, 2015, 09:27:13 pm »

Just cause why not:

There are Wolf Spiders.

As in. Literally spiders. That are also wolves.

They're about the size of goats on average.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

(Well it looks like that took a lot longer for me to do then I thought it would, and nobody really posted after  :P. I will add the last bit to the above and the tick will be over.)
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The holy symbol of Uztot blazes red above the homes of the the Hearth Keepers.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 01:58:52 am by Vgray »

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile

((Aagh, missed the Tick by half an hour.))

Aurosseu goes down to the planet fragments and creates 10000 Dreamborn, 100 Walkers, and invents the Dreamcatchers, drawing from Crux where Essence isn't enough. Each creation should get at least some Essence, however.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wrong thread. Whoops.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

Introduce more varieties of fauna and flora into the world, particularly megafauna and megaflora; naturally 20% larger than their normal counterparts, but with no upper limit on growth, and a physiology that shifts to support their size, besides being naturally more capable.

Spend 3P on cycles of sun, storm, and soil-bearing winds as a boon to the Great Tree and it's Saplings' growth. Spend 1P on similar things for everyone else's races, unless their gods refuse the gift.

Teach the Great Tree of the further intricacies of agriculture, how to grow crops large and strong, of irrigation and crop rotation and orchards. Especially orchards, and animal husbandry and domestication. Tell the Great Tree of what will be the Sapling's duty, to live with nature, and guide it to grow ever larger and greater, using it in turn to help themselves grow ever greater.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Uztot encourages feelings of love and kinship among the mortal races.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile

Izgamlo creates a Strong Strength Portal magic system with standard Ease of Access (anyone who can use magic can use it). Powered by a combination of lifeforce and memories, either that of the caster or designated living sacrifices.
Mavnon finds a human woman, observing her life. In the end, he decides to grant her a form of immortality so she may further the cause of Conflict, granting several abilities to do so. (Mavnon -2E). As she gets her powers, she puts her hand to her chin and thinks for a second. She then snaps her fingers, walking to a nearby pot dedicated to Iliseth and smashes it against the ground. She takes the sharpest shard and ties cloth to the other end, making a makeshift dagger. After smiling of her work, she finds the human word for "Iliseth" on one of the shards and set it down. Then, using her dagger, she carves words into the ground "threatened to kill me". She then points to this message looking up at the sky, hoping any God will see it while not praying.
I make the woman a offer. If she promises to serve and worship me, and work as my prophet I will protect her and teach her powerful magic.

If she agrees, I spend two power to guard the woman from spiritual harm or destruction (since if she's physically harmed she can just respawn). In return, have her serve as my prophet, spreading my faith to the humans, and other races (not to the ants though). Maintain the dogma that I am the true creator of humanity. I also teach her portal magic. In the long life of an immortal, being able to get rid of unwanted memories is a blessing, and her bodies and their lifeforce are ultimately disposable. (am assuming humans can use magic?)

If she doesn't agree, use two power to destroy her soul utterly (don't tell her I'll do this).

« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 11:32:26 am by Demonic Spoon »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nilva spends time on the mortal plane bothering random mortals for no particular good reason. Being even more inane than Sheogorath and occasionally randomly saying things that Could be interpreted as significant, but are really just more utter nonsense.

Also ribbons. Ribbons are mandatory.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spend 3P on cycles of sun, storm, and soil-bearing winds as a boon to the Great Tree and it's Saplings' growth. Spend 1P on similar things for everyone else's races, unless their gods refuse the gift.[/b]

Weather probably won't do much to my plants, but I guess a stronger sun might help them, so I will accept this gift gratefully. You have proved to be a good ally so far. Hopefully we will be able to cooperate more in the future.
I also explain the Maag how to create crude tools out of the wood they have been harvesting and stones. I also greatly encourage them to find new ways to progress by creating new inventions and achieving a better understanding of the universe. And while I'm here, I look at any invention they might have created in my absence(and congratulate them for it, if there is any), and teach them how to start and maintain fires if they do not know how to do it yet.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile

Edit: Wait crap wrong one.

Liram looks at the larger of the various creatures on the world and looks intrigued.
Crack-a-lack-a
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 137