Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 137

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯):IC Tick ?:Who art thou?  (Read 195077 times)

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯):IC Tick 17: Saint Stirk
« Reply #1950 on: August 13, 2015, 05:08:29 pm »

I too am interested enough to be participating in it.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: August 13, 2015, 09:07:27 pm »

"Right, now that that's over.  Anyway, I'd like to request that you'd allow us to use your magic system for this working, Alicia?  Yours seems to be the only one that allows for permanent manifestations, and frankly, the idea of crafting something simply through music appeals very much to my artistic side."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: August 13, 2015, 09:15:53 pm »

Tick 18: Andres the Sinner

((Yes, they are indeed small faerie thingies.))

The witch hunting is promptly stopped (not to say the hard feelings are gone). The Nomads state that they have seen the accused worshiping Nothing, doing Nothing, and have tons of Nothing for evidence. There seems to have been no survivors, though all the acid/fire has vanished as the tick hits.

Upon witnessing Nilva facepalming, Stirk himself facepalm's Nilva's inability to take the hint that they are drastically overestimating certain abilities.

The Void king seems to be totally-not-faking being binded. The Kingdom continues on as normal.

The Air Wolves seem to be a mixed back. While several find a home near the Oceans, where Seagoing mortals appreciate their ability to calm the weather and hold them in reverence, the majority seem to have the common tendency of the Wolves to stay far away from other Mortals, who's actions often cause them harm. There seems to be no true home for most of them, who travel like the wind from valleys to forest to mountains to...

16,000 humans are created in The New Human City! The numbers are now nothing to frown at. The strongest become Templars, while others become Priests. A significant portion of the local Sapling land is now dedicated to the Humans, which some Saplings are beginning to be worried about. (Iliseth -8E)

Dgetga investigates the portals! It seems that someone put semi-permanent Portals directly over the Normal Portals, preventing their use. It is similar to building a wall over a door, with each only leading several feet away. (Dgetga -2P)

Sankis blinks at your correction, stating that it was correct spelling. He explained that his plan was to build giant half-circles over each town, allowing for everyone to escape the water by standing at the highest point. He states that making boats would be just silly.

Current Dgetga followers seem to mostly consist of Mortals who have heard about the Rumors, trying to see which parts of it are lies and which parts of it are truth. A few Magic users, typically those around the Obelisk, have also begin following him, many studying ways on unifying magic systems themselves.

Dgetga spreads more rumors about himself. As with many rumors, these are often ignored, for better or worse.

The charisma focused Auror seems to be uninterested in Stellarion's offer, apparently lusting for power in the Auror's state. He currently has a fairly large following, though he is competing against many with almost the same high-quality of skills for control over it.

The Aurors seem neglect to enter the Space clan, with a few trickling in. Most seem to be interested in the Great Towers, focusing their Ambition on making it as large as possible.

The amount of Towers varies on what, exactly, the definition of "tower" is.

The Dgetagans are created! 2500 begin to walk the Fragments. They seem quite capable of making their own City (more of a town with the current population), and quickly begin developing many of the same technologies available to other Races. Many begin to study Magic, with many attempting to see what exactly their Telekinetic abilities are capable of. (Dgetga -2E)

Fredrick: I would agree, I have no more say in your territory than you do in mine. That is why, to remove this Blasphemy, I must make your Territory mine. You would respond the same if I treated your Heretics as you are treating my Brothers! You have shown yourself to be falling more and more every day, showing more and more hostility to my innocent Brothers for no other reason than your own paranoia! If I do not make a stand for the High Church here, I fear my next stand would be on the corpses of ten-thousand innocents!

Spinning Maag child: They indeed, begin to play the game. It naturally becomes popular in the Aag nation, spreading to many of their trading partners and nations with close culture. The purpose of the odd focus on children's games of the Gods lately is studied by many mortal scholars.

The Aag military, once again, continues to prepare for the imminent war. As they have already prepared for the New Kingdom assault, this mostly means shifting the front and constructing new Fortresses in different areas.

A new marking system is created for the Aag! This seems to, for the most part, allow them to tell what someone is accused of at a glance. Unfortunately, the relatively powerful Underground developed black-market Forgiving Marks, placing them on convicted criminals to allow them to move around without suspicion. As an interesting side effect of this development, it became something of a fashion statement for Aag to permanently Mark themselves with creative marks (easily distinguishable from the official Marks to avoid confusion). This is especially common amongst the ever-growing military, with units getting similar Marks to increase their moral and help identify bodies.

The Aag Aaaourors are once again changed! This time, their natural passions are aimed at science and progress. Many go back to work with a gusto, often working as scientists in the colleges. This outcome seems to improve the outlook of the Aag as a whole on the Auorors. (Lithus/Luthus -3E)

Lithus/Luthus prayers:
Kaag Logistics Expert: Hmmm...I believe that Fredrick will intentionally put Fortresses in areas of low ambient heat. How should we feed ourselves in this situation?

Maag Marker: Some Priests wanted me to Mark their newborn with your symbols. Should I do it now, or wait until he is older?

Saag Mother: *Crying* Those board games caused my nice and kind son to turn into a Gangster! I demand that they be banned!

A new Animal, the megatermes are created in the Grand March Nature Preserve! Many CRDs are happy to peek into it, attempting to get a glance at one of the few non-Wolf animals in existence. They seem to be doing fine for the time being, spreading as planned. (Mavnon -1E)

The Obelisk doesn't appear to be broken. The Gods, on the other hand...

Herema is given the ability to control plants! He attempts to start the "Civil Rights" movement with the power, but finds the abilities not exactly suited for this mission. He currently mainly uses it to create Flowers, often using them as symbols in an attempt to spread your and his ideals. (Mavnon -3E)

Huan, who is still a staunch Lithus/Luthus follower who has lived in a Mavnon-hostile country for centuries, refuses bluntly. He states that he rather follow Nilva than you, while rubbing his left cheek.

Gia-gen prayers:
Dwarf Weaponsmith: We have received many generous offers for weapons that can turn the tide of war...Are we allowed to create the weapon developed by Sankis, as well as the Secret Weapon, for sale in other Nations?

Dwarf Obelisk Watcher: What is this I hear about Steel moving around as if it was a Mortal?

Non-CRD-Dwarf: Are the things that Flower guy say true? How should we treat those Clan Rilem Dwarves?

Dgetga prayers:

Dgetagan Mage: Why is it that you are so set on Uniting the Magic Systems?

Dgetagan Architect: Should we make designs that only we can use with our Telekinetic ability, or those anyone can use?

Ant Rumormonger: *Looking in mirror*Dgetga....Dgetga....Dgetga!

The Loi'naaryt seem to have confirmed their beliefs that their God will, in fact, be back. Weird timing there.

Huon chats with his god, once again. He stats he is working on Clothing that goes well with the new Marks, showing them off without taking away from the cloths. He says he can take care of it himself, saying everyone has their roll and the roll of a God is hardly fashion. Unless it is a fashion God.

The Lihzard Beetle is created! Despite its difficulties to tame, several from the Aag nation seem to be attempting it. For the moment, many Adventurers find themselves taking down Rogue Lihzard Beetles assaulting small towns, while Hunters (Especially in the Great Tribe) finding their carapace to be valuable for armor and weaponry. (Lithus/Luthus up to 4E)

There is apparently no AI in existence to give anything to, or to modify.

The Mortal Bound Destruction God tells something that doesn't exist that he hates it.

Teburshe, after a period of inactiveness, creates three more Great Trees and a Great Reef! For some reason, they seem to expect great weather that doesn't come in full force. (Teburshe -4P)

((SEVERAL WARS ARE ABOUT TO BREAK OUT! Be prepared for Tick 17.4, which will be the next update.))
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯):IC Tick 18: Andres the Sinner
« Reply #1953 on: August 13, 2015, 09:27:00 pm »

Mavnon smirked. 'Very well Huon, very well."

Spend 1E to conjure the dreaded Income Calc., mother and enemy of the gods.
Gift Herema with spectacular charisma and tell him to try and sway other males to his cause. If he is able to acquire a sizable following, order them to begin protesting their racial government. If that doesn't work, they are to begin a rebel movement and force change on their race...Violently if need be. Preferably, attempt to hold females hostage with the help of the trees.
Listen to prayers.

Mavnon releases a Warband Expansion pack: Heroes and Villains. Among them include Fredrick, several different Void Kings and Huon the Wofpaw.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 09:31:26 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: August 13, 2015, 09:38:02 pm »

To Mage:
"Because it's a MESS.  Now, that mess can accomplish many, many things and I do not want it gone, or persecuted, or even mistreated, but I do want it to be slightly more organized, at least in the background."
To Architect:
"I, personally, would make accessible designs, but it's really your choice.  However, realize that some people, if there are immigrants, will be somewhat annoyed with having to badger people for lifts."
To Ant:
*utter silence ensues*
I walk in.
"Boo."
"What am I, Bloody Mary?  Good grief, rumor mill.  I'm a crafter god."

I disappear.

Expend some Power to set the rumor mill straight on what the heck it is I do.
By actually manifesting in some places, and actually helping people build stuff.  This should push all the more esoteric rumors out of the field of play.

==Action==
I move the trollportals out of the way of the real portals.
I also continue building the synthesizer.  ((You know, the music kind.  Except it's spherical, has more sounds at once, and can hover for some reason.))

Alert the Dgetagan that they really shouldn't get into wars, unless they're directly threatened.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: August 13, 2015, 09:41:15 pm »

"Dgetga, tell me, would you be against the expansion of the Adventurer's Guild into your worshiper's settlement?"
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: August 13, 2015, 09:46:15 pm »

"Dgetga, tell me, would you be against the expansion of the Adventurer's Guild into your worshiper's settlement?"
"So long as it doesn't shove its philosophy, whatever it may be, down my peoples' throats, I suppose I'm not.  Don't expect center billing, or any particular support.  I'm rather ambivalent on the idea."
Sigtext

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: August 13, 2015, 09:48:42 pm »

"Bah. Your war-games require no real intelligence. I'll show you how it's done."

((I'm presuming I have at least 2 Essence.))

Spend two Essence to create the game of Mafia, then use two Power to spread it among the dwarves of all types. Mafia is a game of wits. 10 people are required for the game, though only nine will actually play. 1 of the people playing is a game master, who keeps the game within the rules and runs it. 2 of the players are Mafia, and the remaining 7 are Townies. One of the Townies will be selected at random to be a Cop. The game is played by starting in a "day" phase and alternating between that and a "night" phase. During the "day", all players have a vote. At the end of the day, the player with the most votes is removed from the game, and whether the dead player was Mafia or Town will be revealed. It goes without saying that dead players are out of the game(no speaking). After the day, the game moves into a "night", in which the Mafia players can choose a player to remove from the game by using a "nightkill". The Cop can also choose a player during this time to learn if the chosen player is Town or Mafia. After the night, the game moves back into the "day" phase, and the dead player's role(Town or Cop, or whatnot) will be revealed. The game continues in these cycles until the number of Mafia is greater than or equal to the number of Townies, or until all the Mafia are removed from the game(dead).

Responses to prayers:

Dwarf Weaponsmith: "Sankis' variant of the Secret Weapon, nor the original Secret Weapon, are not to be sold in other nations. However, if you wish to develop new Secret Weapons or whatnot, those new weapons you create may be spread among other nations, as long as they do not go to worshippers of Mavnon, Utther, or Patronius."

Dwarf Obelisk Watcher: "I do not know. Excuse me as I investigate..." Try to figure out what the dwarf was referring to.

Non-CRD Dwarf: "That Flower guy? I'll have to look into him. As for how you should treat the Rilem dwarves... they are intelligent beings like any other. As long as they do not worship Mavnon, Utther, or Patronius, treat them fairly and treat them as you would treat a member of your own species. But if they worship Mavnon, Utther, or Patronius, shun them, do no business with them, and call them fools when they speak of their worship of Mavnon, Utther, or Patronius." Try to figure out who the "Flower guy" is.

A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: August 13, 2015, 09:51:46 pm »

(Flower guy =Herema)
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: August 13, 2015, 09:57:02 pm »

Liston to prayers.

"Now then. Lets give the adventures something to fear."

Create a collection of 20 massive snakes with three heads, massive scaled wings, and acidic breath. After creating them cast them out into the fragments most uncivilized places, there they can breed and grow.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: August 13, 2015, 10:00:21 pm »

As the game of Mafia reaches the Dgetagan city, they invent more roles (independent of any divine intervention) like doctor, Mafia doctor, detective-replacing-cop, cop-becoming-guard-like, vigilante killer (town), Mafia Don (final say on the kill), Night Watch (roleblock any player, not capable of setting conditions), Mafia Enforcer (same, but Mafia), Mayor (tiebreaks lynches, can save a player if he reveals his role), Mafia Investigator (can role check), matchmaker (pairs players, wins if all alive players have been paired, paired players are jointly protected and/or killed), and so on.  Yeah, I have played a game with lore-related versions of all these roles.  Then there are some more but, you know.  They don't translate back out.

Lots and lots of roles necessitate more players, so the game is expanded a bit to 15-25 players and slightly more Mafia.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 10:04:15 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: August 13, 2015, 10:07:08 pm »

"So long as it doesn't shove its philosophy, whatever it may be, down my peoples' throats, I suppose I'm not.  Don't expect center billing, or any particular support.  I'm rather ambivalent on the idea."

"Do believe me when I say tha the Guild has little philosophy beyond the acquiring of treasure and glory."

Expand the Adventurer's Guild into the Dgetagan realm.

"Bah. Your war-games require no real intelligence. I'll show you how it's done."

((I'm presuming I have at least 2 Essence.))

Spend two Essence to create the game of Mafia, then use two Power to spread it among the dwarves of all types. Mafia is a game of wits. 10 people are required for the game, though only nine will actually play. 1 of the people playing is a game master, who keeps the game within the rules and runs it. 2 of the players are Mafia, and the remaining 7 are Townies. One of the Townies will be selected at random to be a Cop. The game is played by starting in a "day" phase and alternating between that and a "night" phase. During the "day", all players have a vote. At the end of the day, the player with the most votes is removed from the game, and whether the dead player was Mafia or Town will be revealed. It goes without saying that dead players are out of the game(no speaking). After the day, the game moves into a "night", in which the Mafia players can choose a player to remove from the game by using a "nightkill". The Cop can also choose a player during this time to learn if the chosen player is Town or Mafia. After the night, the game moves back into the "day" phase, and the dead player's role(Town or Cop, or whatnot) will be revealed. The game continues in these cycles until the number of Mafia is greater than or equal to the number of Townies, or until all the Mafia are removed from the game(dead).

Responses to prayers:

Dwarf Weaponsmith: "Sankis' variant of the Secret Weapon, nor the original Secret Weapon, are not to be sold in other nations. However, if you wish to develop new Secret Weapons or whatnot, those new weapons you create may be spread among other nations, as long as they do not go to worshippers of Mavnon, Utther, or Patronius."

Dwarf Obelisk Watcher: "I do not know. Excuse me as I investigate..." Try to figure out what the dwarf was referring to.

Non-CRD Dwarf: "That Flower guy? I'll have to look into him. As for how you should treat the Rilem dwarves... they are intelligent beings like any other. As long as they do not worship Mavnon, Utther, or Patronius, treat them fairly and treat them as you would treat a member of your own species. But if they worship Mavnon, Utther, or Patronius, shun them, do no business with them, and call them fools when they speak of their worship of Mavnon, Utther, or Patronius." Try to figure out who the "Flower guy" is.

((Keep in mind that several dwarves also worship Mavnon))

"It seems my lies have far more truth that I thought. It seems we do have a rivalry, brother Gai-gen. It will be a pleasure to cross swords with you, metaphorically speaking."

And now, for something else...

Create the Timi Megaterme caste. Possessing an iridescent exoskeleton with shades of gold to blue, the Timi are slightly larger than workers and possess a centaur-like body structure complete with arms. Timi are sapient, unlike other Megaterme. Their exoskeleton is much sturdier than their worker brethren. They are also able to mark Queens as 'theirs' via a organic marker, which results in the Queen producing a small amount of Timi every few months. Timi produce pheromones that force workers to obey their orders, even attacking other Megaterme. As with all sapient creatures, Timi have varying personalities although ambition is present in most. As such, Timi will attempt to claim land, queens and workers as their own to show their power. While Timi are able to negotiate and form relationships with one another, war between broods is not uncommon. 500 nitial Timi are to be created.

Forbid all research into the Ritualstone by my followers. Similar announcements are to passed around the other races.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 10:13:02 pm by micelus »
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: August 13, 2015, 10:25:10 pm »

Encourage the creation of horror books amongst my followers.

"I believe I forgot to say, but greetings new godlings. My name is Lauxal, Goddess of Nightmares. Now don't touch my followers."

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/???):IC Tick 18: Andres the Sinner
« Reply #1963 on: August 13, 2015, 11:06:29 pm »

"Due to me probably having a very low amount of essence remaining, I am going to do something to actually get me some, you know, diversity in followers."  Create a book titled: inspiration and you, a guide to fey moods! The book shall detail many great things about fey moods, it will also have an effect on anyone who reads it, causing them to become inspired by what is around them and beginning to invent! It shall also have a chapter on Vashna, and how he invented inventing, then got knocked out by something name "stirk" and forced to sleep past creation.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: August 13, 2015, 11:09:49 pm »

"...Iliseth...if you might find locations other than Sapling lands...for your people...I would be grateful...or attempt to find a way for them to be...assimilated into Sapling life and culture...as these...reservations...cannot support the numbers you are producing..."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 137