Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 137

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯):IC Tick ?:Who art thou?  (Read 194970 times)

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (22/⊕∵↯):IC Tick 16: Believe Me
« Reply #1530 on: July 13, 2015, 07:54:47 pm »

Uztot shakes his head, looking sad and slightly ill. He vanishes from the company of gods and decends to the mortal realm, seeking the company of a group of mortal children.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: July 13, 2015, 08:00:44 pm »

[chuckles]

Make you an enemy? we have always been enemies. Our existence is mutually exclusive, we are polar opposites. This "peace" between the two of us is merely a pause for what will inevitably come another day. You see life as being only an occasion to amass everything, to gain power at the expense of others, hence why you naturally befriended mavnon. You are both the same. The truth is different, there is no better use for life than to help others, to make the universe a better place. Since you and your ally will never understand this, you will never be of any use to anyone.

...It seems that whatever process is behind our creation is flawed. It needs to expel garbage, wastes from the creation of regular gods. These trashes come to a life of their own, claim to be gods and attempt to usurp their creation, as they lack the ability to create anything on their own. An interesting theory, I will make sure to discuss it with my scholars.

Mavnon, you show no emotions because you are unable to have any. Of course you believe the body to be pointless, this is the only way you could ever justify your crimes. But this is fine, not everyone is born normal, have you ever considered seeking the help of one of my psychologists? They can do wonders, I assure you.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: July 13, 2015, 08:12:52 pm »

"You are seriously off your rocker. It's actually kind of humorous."
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: July 13, 2015, 08:17:28 pm »

There are no real hostilities between Rilem and Dwarven clans. What is thought of them differentiates from dwarf to dwarf, and while there are some who hate them there are also some who think of them as comrades. They are exactly that - another clan. Rivals in peacetimes, potential allies in wartime. Yes there is cultural division, but I'd be willing o wager that greater part of the division hinges on how extremely abstinential Rilem are when it comes to alcohol.

"Some. That is the problem here. When I sent embassies some dwarves welcomed them while others spat at them as non-Dwarves. To end that is what I wish to do."

[chuckles]

Make you an enemy? we have always been enemies. Our existence is mutually exclusive, we are polar opposites. This "peace" between the two of us is merely a pause for what will inevitably come another day. You see life as being only an occasion to amass everything, to gain power at the expense of others, hence why you naturally befriended mavnon. You are both the same. The truth is different, there is no better use for life than to help others, to make the universe a better place. Since you and your ally will never understand this, you will never be of any use to anyone.

...It seems that whatever process is behind our creation is flawed. It needs to expel garbage, wastes from the creation of regular gods. These trashes come to a life of their own, claim to be gods and attempt to usurp their creation, as they lack the ability to create anything on their own. An interesting theory, I will make sure to discuss it with my scholars.

Mavnon, you show no emotions because you are unable to have any. Of course you believe the body to be pointless, this is the only way you could ever justify your crimes. But this is fine, not everyone is born normal, have you ever considered seeking the help of one of my psychologists? They can do wonders, I assure you.

"...Do your fellow Pantheon members support your insanity?"
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: July 13, 2015, 08:23:33 pm »

Embasies? I do not remember hearing about them for some reason. I'm afraid that I will stand on demanding that the division remains the way it is.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: July 13, 2015, 08:26:36 pm »

"Then we must continue to be opposed on this matter. I can understand your fears, but I cannot relent. At least you retain your calm when discussing such things and I do hope we can collaborate in other matters."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: July 13, 2015, 08:30:44 pm »

Uztot shakes his head, looking sad and slightly ill. He vanishes from the company of gods and decends to the mortal realm, seeking the company of a group of mortal children.

"Now tell me children, who is your favorite god?"

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: July 13, 2015, 08:46:33 pm »

"So many personality issues, I see."
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: July 13, 2015, 09:03:58 pm »

Disgusting.

Disappear from the assembly. Inform the great council that immigration to the nation is to be outlawed, and that New kingdom lands bordering the desert are to be burned to the ground whenever they are conquered during the war, rendering the area unsuitable for life. Work is to be made to make the entire nation self-sustainable if it is not already and trade with outside nations is to be progressively diminished until it is nonexistent.

End Luthus' rampage at the end of the tick.

Edit:
The cultural exchange with the clan rilem is to be ceased immediately. Any participant from the rilem clan found holding technological secrets or any piece of classified information is to be detained indefinitely and accused of spying and treason.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 09:16:23 pm by FArgHalfnr »
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: July 13, 2015, 09:16:24 pm »

"Then we must continue to be opposed on this matter. I can understand your fears, but I cannot relent. At least you retain your calm when discussing such things and I do hope we can collaborate in other matters."
"Calm will remain unless you directly attack another god. Or do something very stupid."

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: July 13, 2015, 09:24:58 pm »

Laughing.

"Species...meaningless to intelligent creatures...it is culture...ideals, values...these are the things that matter to any race that wishes to call itself civilized... appearances may be overlooked...or become accustomed to... but culture is what divides... or unites... do not pretend to desire this merely out of the goodness of your heart, Mavnon...I will not blame you for it, but come now...it is clear that  culture is the very reason you desire this unification... you wish to spread your ideals and influence to dwarves not of Clan Rilem..."

Mavnon sighed. "I do not expect you to believe the Liar when she tells the Truth, but my goal is not that. True, I have sent missionaries to the Dwarven Lands. True, I would desire more to follow my philosophy. But you must understand that this conflict of mere color disgusts me. It is...pointless. I do not expect a deity who focuses on plant life to understand why exactly I would do this, but think of all the greatness that could be achieved if only the dwarves had no barriers of colour..."

"...And when have I ever stated that culture was not important? When have I sought to subvert the dwarven culture, their way of life? No, I simply want relations between the dwarven groups to be that of camaraderie rather than the hostility as they are now. That is my goal with the dwarves, and currently my only goal with them."
"I spoke of culture...partially because you mentioned...the rebuffs said that it was not dwarven...to me, this appears cultural...rather than a matter of species...Clan Rilem is not traditionally dwarven...and it is for that reason they are hostile...because their cultures are so different...color may factor into it...but it is not the whole of the matter."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: July 13, 2015, 09:31:12 pm »

"Then it is best we get down to the grit of it, yes? The civil rights movement will see to that."
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: July 13, 2015, 11:47:13 pm »

A projection of Verruckt sitting on a sofa and eating snacks appears near the other gods.

Huh is there a war going on or something?

Verruckt scratches his head and lets out a long yawn.

Feel like I might be spending too much time in my basement... dungeon... thing...

Anyway, don't forget to hire adventurers for your conflicts! It would be a great way for me to get some more data on the effectiveness of evolution orbs.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: July 14, 2015, 01:35:46 pm »

Embasies of Rilem within dwarven kingdoms are not too surprising but they do remind me of something. Could I get a quick raise of hands - which of you may happen have priests in my lands?
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: July 14, 2015, 03:35:57 pm »

Next tick, be sure to spend all the remaining Power I have after locating Utther to shield myself from divine attacks.

Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 137