Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Uncharted Waters Online - Girlinhat builds ships!  (Read 9466 times)

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Uncharted Waters Online - Under New Management
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2015, 12:36:06 am »

Ah good old NetMarble, requiring a special Internet Explorer-only browser plugin in order to view their forums, thus weeding out anyone who wasn't a rabid fanboy. If OGPlanet has normal forums and doesn't mass delete criticism, then they're already a step up from NetMarble.

Uncharted Waters: New Horizons on the SNES was one of my favorite games ever, so I was really hyped about UWO. I have two rules about video games, though: Tutorials must be concise and optional, and I must start having at least some fun within 15 minutes of starting a new game. I broke both of those rules because I wanted to love UWO so badly.

I gave UWO 5 hours of my time. I could not finish the tutorials in 5 hours and did not have a single moment of fun. I'd happily give it another go if they added a quickstart to skip the Schools and just start out with the permits (the game isn't exactly rocket science), but until that happens UWO is probably the worst example of an MMO "taxing" the player's time in order to get to the fun parts.
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2015, 06:43:27 am »

Eesh. Where were you selling those quest passes girlin? I had a bazaar up for like six hours and didn't sell a single one.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2015, 09:47:13 am »

Eesh. Where were you selling those quest passes girlin? I had a bazaar up for like six hours and didn't sell a single one.
I go afk near the london bank, set a bazaar and name it "QMP" and then use /sit to lay out a rug.  I usually go eat or leave it overnight and am sold out.

Wolock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2015, 08:51:53 pm »

Seville is also a good place to sell them. Lots of people, bazaars and overpriced items...

Seeing this thread made me want to play again.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2015, 09:06:51 pm »

I've come to a decision.  I'm going to take up shipbuilding, and build hulking iron behemoths.  Epic Sea Feud is an event where countries fight for control of a neutral port, the winning side getting a boost for it.  It's a pvp event, and winners are rewarded.  This means 1: Other players, 2: They don't want to run.  A pirate might have to deal with merchants fleeing, but in a sea feud, it's a straight up fight.  Speed will mean nothing compared to a giant armored chunk.

I just need to work on some adventure levels so I can into shipwright...

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2015, 03:59:12 am »

Well then. They have a event going on right now. It is fairly easy to do so there is no reason not to parcipate in it. I just won 3 ten million ducats checks in it, and I know a bunch of us are hurting for cash right now, so enjoy and join it! You can find out the details in your country's capital.

Sadly the bank is a barstard and took 9 mil out of those when I cshed the checks, but eh. Still 21 million richer than I was before.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 04:04:28 am by Xardalas »

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2015, 02:20:06 pm »

Is anyone else entirely unable to log in right now? Figures I have issues playing when that pvp event is running. v.v

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2015, 07:58:09 pm »

Alexwazer has joined us, at least for the moment.  The company is up as TwelveBays in London if anyone wants to join the guild.  I'm working very hard to become a shipwrite...

alexwazer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2015, 03:05:52 am »

Alexwazer has joined us, at least for the moment.

What's that supposed to mean? Planning to kick me out or something? I knew I should never have trusted Englishmen! :P

There is a lot of new stuff since I played years ago: some good and some bad, but mostly good stuff. If anyone is interested in trying the game out, now is a good time because of the event mentioned by Xardalas. It can give a huge head start to new players.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2015, 07:52:19 am »

Seeing this thread made me want to play again.

Same. If only I had the time, internet, patience...
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2015, 12:11:53 pm »

Do we have a B12 company?

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2015, 03:24:18 pm »

Do we have a B12 company?

Yep. TwelfthBays

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2015, 05:06:02 pm »

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
Re: Uncharted Waters Online - Girlinhat is Your Company CEO!
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2015, 05:08:26 pm »

I'm trying to sell QMPs in London right now.

Character name is Nuin.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Re: Uncharted Waters Online - Girlinhat is Your Company CEO!
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2015, 07:08:10 pm »

After intensely studying this thread for days I still can't tell whether the consensus is that this game is awful or amazing.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5