Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: The Charge of the Bay12ers  (Read 3447 times)

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
The Charge of the Bay12ers
« on: May 29, 2015, 01:14:42 pm »

Yes, I've done this game before, and no, I didn't finish it. It got overwhelming because I didn't have enough perseverance to even make a god damn spreadsheet. Hopefully things have changed and it'll be easier to manage.

This is a game to test the perseverance of this forum. Players in this game are running straight up a rocky pass to destroy a fortified enemy position, taking very heavy fire from enemy weapons. The player limit is unlimited, the life count is three. Players have two options: Move up or take cover. Upon the first turn, they roll a d2 to determine whether or not they have a rifle or explosives. If they have explosives, they can use a turn at the top of the pass to blow a hole in the bunker. This will be a d3 roll, and a roll of a 1 will bust a hole in the wall, while a three will be a blast that kills only you. Two does nothing. As a rifleman, you can enter the hole made in the wall (two can go in a turn) and roll against the gunners. There are three machine-gunners in the bunker, and each can only aim at one player a turn. They will prioritize those that have moved up the most. Game is won if players successfully take the bunker.

MOVE UP
If you choose to move up, you take a d6 roll to determine if you move 1/6 up the pass. A roll of one or two is an insta-kill, three is knocked down to the ground and bleeding (If you're bleeding, you lose one HP per turn. You also skip the next turn.) and a four is a hit that knocks you into the ground, meaning that you just skip next turn (both three and four knock you to the ground out of cover, so you still roll a d6 to determine whether or not you get hit).

TAKE COVER
If you choose to take cover, you have a significantly smaller chance of being killed. Rolling a 1 means that your cover is blown up, and you die instantaneously. A two or three means that your cover is destroyed, but you are free to roll for the next turn.

Note: I will probably just be posting the spreadsheet for turn updates, as a kind of action report. You'll have to carefully pay attention to what happened to your soldier, because from what I remember last time, it got way too out of hand for me to keep track of everything. I'll also be including a 'last roll' column to assist in knowing exactly what happened to you.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 02:04:57 pm by bsnott »
"This town ain't big enough for the two of us, turkey"

*gobbles menacingly*

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
Re: The Charge of the Bay12ers
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2015, 01:18:38 pm »

To get a character just post an action. Your forum name will be used, so I can keep track of your lives easily. Also, this is what the average report will look like, obviously minus the players and actions.

Spoiler: Spreadsheet Preview (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 01:28:54 pm by bsnott »

*gobbles menacingly*

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2015, 01:42:23 pm »

For an example turn, I'll start. I also added a zone column to the spreadsheet for easier management.

Move up. (I rolled a d1 for a rifle, and a d6 to move up safely. You start in sector 0, and there are 6 sectors.)

Turn 1
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

*gobbles menacingly*

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2015, 01:48:34 pm »

Move up, for there's nothing else to do.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2015, 01:52:18 pm »

Move up.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2015, 02:01:25 pm »

I'll move up as well.

Turn 2
A mortar round goes off next to bsnott, sending him to the ground, bleeding. AoshimaChichio and Hawk132 start running up the hill together, but are both instantly ripped to shreds by a hail of gunfire. (bad rolls, sorry guys. lol)

Say restart to have one remaining life subtracted, and be reset at sector 0. Remember to include your action for when you are reset.

*gobbles menacingly*

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2015, 02:02:03 pm »

Move up.
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2015, 02:04:44 pm »

Move up
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2015, 02:13:55 pm »

Turn 3
Bullets whiz around Bsnott as he lays motionless on the ground. Fortunately, none seem to find their target. Peradon and NAV begin to run up the hill together, and just as they get to the bodies of their fallen comrades AoshimaMichio and Hawk132, a mortar lands directly on top of the pair. Peradon is ripped to shreds, and NAV is thrown to the side, stunned.

Note: When you restart, I'll reroll your type. Also, the point of this thread is to get as many sons of bitches running up this hill and getting torn up as possible. The more we've got going up the hill, the less people that they can shoot.

*gobbles menacingly*

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2015, 02:16:10 pm »

Restart and move up.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2015, 02:16:39 pm »

Restart and move up.

What he said.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2015, 02:31:24 pm »

Turn 4
Bsnott crawls up the hill a meter or two, before bleeding out. While his body lay dead, the enemy's oppressive machine guns tear into his dead body. Hawk132 and AoshimaMichio, two new recruits, begin sprinting directly up the hill. A mine explodes under Hawk132's feet, sending him to the ground. As he checks himself over he sees that no damage has been done, and he is only stunned. AoshimaMichio sprints past his friend and into sector 1, while bullets blanket the earth around him. While the machine gunners are preoccupied with other targets, NAV gets back up.

*gobbles menacingly*

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2015, 02:34:11 pm »

Restart, and move up!
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2015, 02:36:00 pm »

Hope I don't get shot in the face.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2015, 02:48:57 pm »

Move up!
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5