Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 366 367 [368] 369 370 ... 469

Author Topic: X-Com Chimera Squad  (Read 723978 times)

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
Re: X-Com 2: Aut Neca Aut Necare
« Reply #5505 on: May 15, 2016, 06:30:06 pm »

Also a relevant question: Do the new weapons level up with the rest of your stuff or will they be the exact same as when you first got them at beam tier?
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5506 on: May 15, 2016, 06:48:34 pm »

Also a relevant question: Do the new weapons level up with the rest of your stuff or will they be the exact same as when you first got them at beam tier?
They level up.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5507 on: May 15, 2016, 08:17:41 pm »

That would probably work better not on ironman, wouldn't it?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5508 on: May 15, 2016, 08:48:22 pm »

Quick question: How far into the game do you need to get to do the new missions? Don't want to commit to a new playthrough if I'm not going to have the time.
Almost immediately. The game basically throws you the OPweapons straight up.
So... are the new weapons the new Slingshot?
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5509 on: May 15, 2016, 09:04:48 pm »

Quick question: How far into the game do you need to get to do the new missions? Don't want to commit to a new playthrough if I'm not going to have the time.
Almost immediately. The game basically throws you the OPweapons straight up.
So... are the new weapons the new Slingshot?
In Slingshot you actually have to beat the missions to get the gear.

Here they give them to you.

The caveat is that the challenge is 5x that of Slingshot.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5510 on: May 15, 2016, 09:25:38 pm »

Yeah. The weapons really just make the challenge added by the alien leaders bearable. For the few missions between getting the weapons and before the alien leaders appearing, it's easier though.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5511 on: May 15, 2016, 09:34:52 pm »

Yeah. The weapons really just make the challenge added by the alien leaders bearable. For the few missions between getting the weapons and before the alien leaders appearing, it's easier though.
I also really like that they made it so you only have one of each. That way if one of your dudes die with the gear, you really go out of your way to save their corpse. I think it's the first time I've actually ever bothered to do that.

My guy holding the frost grenades died in the mission where you scout out the blacksite. I had to haul his corpse all the way back.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #5512 on: May 16, 2016, 06:04:19 pm »

You know how sometimes everything that could possibly wrong in a mission, does?

After losing the very squaddie I sent with my A-team to train and having the rest be banged up by Blazing Pinions and MEC grenades on a UFO raid, I thought it couldn't get any worse on the next mission, an Item Recovery, Operation Dawn Child.

Well, it didn't! In fact, I'm still giddy over how well it went. After surmounting the daunting task of crossing a road, basically the entire confrontation took place in an alleyway between three buildings, with the objective in the building to the far left.

Enemy dramatis personae: a MEC and an Advanced MEC plus a Stun Lancer on a walkie, presumably, in the alley, two sneks and a newly introduced Andromedon in the second floor of the closer building on the left. A wossizface Floater-guy and two Sectoids behind the window in the objective building.

Concealment is broken by Lt. 'Shakes', the combat hacker voted 2035's Most Likely To Be An ADVENT Mole Or Possibly The Notorious Hacker Anonymous subverting the weaker MEC and thusly waking up both the MEC and the Andromedon pods.

Enter the Sniper. With the tenderizing from the other squadmates, she kills both Vipers, the Advanced MEC, the Andromedon's first phase and half the second in a single turn, then proceeds to wipe out the entire reinforcement ship on her lonesome, while armed with a mag sniper rifle whereas the others have Plasma weapons.

Shakes overconfidently dashes into the objective building, waking up the Sectoids and getting Panic'd for her trouble, but she redeems herself by hacking the detonator and getting the +20 Hack skill bonus, while a Ranger, Taja 'Coyote' Gunda, cuts down all of the remaining enemies with an Arc Blade without taking any damage thanks to Untouchable.

Mission. Fucking. Accomplished. And wholly and completely legit, no gameplay mods, no savescum, not even an all-Colonel squad, though most were pretty high-level.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5513 on: May 18, 2016, 11:49:32 am »

?!?!?!
PLAYABLE BRADFORD!?!?!?
Black lives matter.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5514 on: May 18, 2016, 12:06:30 pm »

Only for the new mission.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5515 on: May 18, 2016, 12:29:12 pm »

;n;
Black lives matter.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #5516 on: May 18, 2016, 12:31:11 pm »

You can already play him, he's one of the cheat characters.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5517 on: May 18, 2016, 12:49:10 pm »

Which means you can't if you don't know about the cheat.
So not playable.
Black lives matter.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #5518 on: May 18, 2016, 01:59:39 pm »

So not playable.
Well, I mean, it's just a matter of renaming the character (and losing achievements for that run), AFAIK. But it turns out that contrary to what I believed, Bradford is not in the roster for these, so the point is moot.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #5519 on: May 18, 2016, 11:24:53 pm »

So not playable.
Well, I mean, it's just a matter of renaming the character (and losing achievements for that run), AFAIK. But it turns out that contrary to what I believed, Bradford is not in the roster for these, so the point is moot.
IIRC, there's a mod that adds him to the cheat roster.
His body is in the pre-provided character pool as well
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 ... 366 367 [368] 369 370 ... 469