Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 365 366 [367] 368 369 ... 469

Author Topic: X-Com Chimera Squad  (Read 724025 times)

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
Re: X-Com 2: Aut Neca Aut Necare
« Reply #5490 on: May 13, 2016, 01:59:24 am »

I unintentionally clicked on that spoiler and WELP TIME TO LAUNCH THE GAME I GUESS.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #5491 on: May 13, 2016, 02:04:10 am »

I unintentionally clicked on that spoiler and WELP TIME TO LAUNCH THE GAME I GUESS.
It's FEF, not FEOF

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #5492 on: May 13, 2016, 04:39:11 am »

No biggie, that's been spoiled by the store description.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5493 on: May 13, 2016, 07:50:21 am »

This, though also I've been meaning to give the game another try (and start more optimally this time so I don't slowly lose).
Actually, hell, I love everything about it except for the difficulty.  So screwit I'll just play on easy for now!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5494 on: May 13, 2016, 01:44:03 pm »

Nobody listens to my warning. :(

I've killed two monarchs so far, the Viper King and the Berserker Queen. They're crazy hard, not so much because they're hard to deal with, but because they LOOOOOOVE to show up at the worst times.

I still think the bolt caster is way too strong though. There's no reason to use anything else (you only have one), especially considering at any time a bastard monarch asshole can show up.

-----------

I kinda accidentally executed the final ruler on the first turn. Herp. So much for that. Should have gotten the mod to fix that.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5495 on: May 13, 2016, 04:49:12 pm »

That's a Humanity Fuck Yeah moment if I've ever seen one.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5496 on: May 13, 2016, 09:51:23 pm »

So I just got the new mission, and all I have to say is this.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5497 on: May 14, 2016, 08:30:05 pm »

Hah. I just got a stun on a reinforcement officer via overwatch with the bolt caster.
The officer then proceeded to fall down the rest of the stun duration in slow motion.

Then in his turn he did his regular actions, except in slow motion. I see a "marked" indicator appear on my soldier, then a finger slowly rises up from his crumpled still-recovering-from-the-stun body to signify the marking.

EDIT: Also my thoughts on the new mission.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 09:40:59 pm by Chiefwaffles »
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #5498 on: May 15, 2016, 07:18:13 am »

By the way, I wonder if it triggered for you, but Vahlen's hijinks were actually foreshadowed. One of the idle quotes from Bradford is talking about Vahlen and how she probably somehow continues her work and how you should look for her someday.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5499 on: May 15, 2016, 01:03:54 pm »

By the way, I wonder if it triggered for you, but Vahlen's hijinks were actually foreshadowed. One of the idle quotes from Bradford is talking about Vahlen and how she probably somehow continues her work and how you should look for her someday.
There was a lot of that kind of stuff.

You can get events where you find the results of her casual experiments and even her bio in the Avenger kinda talks about it.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5500 on: May 15, 2016, 01:23:24 pm »

XCom3: Vahlen accidentally started a TFTD-style event by experimenting with clearly labeled alien computers.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #5501 on: May 15, 2016, 04:38:50 pm »

There was a lot of that kind of stuff.

You can get events where you find the results of her casual experiments and even her bio in the Avenger kinda talks about it.
I was actually super tense all the way through the Forge raid, because I was convinced it'd turn out she was in there as Bradford just so happened to trigger that line just before I started that mission.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #5502 on: May 15, 2016, 05:49:44 pm »

Quick question: How far into the game do you need to get to do the new missions? Don't want to commit to a new playthrough if I'm not going to have the time.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5503 on: May 15, 2016, 06:25:10 pm »

There's only one actual new mission. You get an encounter (whatever you call those things on the map) which is pretty obviously part of the DLC. A bit after that you get another encounter, then the mission.
It's pretty soon in the game. Definitely "act I".

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5504 on: May 15, 2016, 06:27:24 pm »

Quick question: How far into the game do you need to get to do the new missions? Don't want to commit to a new playthrough if I'm not going to have the time.
Almost immediately. The game basically throws you the OPweapons straight up.
Pages: 1 ... 365 366 [367] 368 369 ... 469