Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 341 342 [343] 344 345 ... 469

Author Topic: X-Com Chimera Squad  (Read 724584 times)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: X-Com 2: Welcome Back, Commander.
« Reply #5130 on: February 25, 2016, 09:40:45 pm »

Quote from: The Stat's Page
Commander, in our efforts to evaluate the progress of the resistance, we discovered that ADVENT had deployed a virus onto our network systems. We are happy to report that this virus has been isolated and destroyed, although it resulted in a loss of some collected data. We will continue to monitor activity, but know that all communications and statistics from our operatives in the field are now current and accurate as of today. ADVENT is in for a rude awakening if they think XCOM will be defeated by such routine tactics.
So it seems they fixed it! People can actually have their wins recorded!
Something is still up. Certain symbols switch over to ADVENT when hovered over. Certain lines were decoded on reddit (where I posted this to mad karma).
Quote from: TIVman5
Pay attention to the aliens killed and soldiers lost. The text flickers every once and a while leaving only a few words behind
First one says The enemy is right Second one says War is great
Something tells me this isn't an accident.
Quote from: DavlarX
Considering this was hidden in the source code that for that div-tag I would say you are onto something: http://imgur.com/JuSuGsU
Edit: Something similar is placed in the other area you pointed out.
Fascinating.

Unrelated (probably!?!) I just got an update for XCOM 2, but I can't figure out what it is. Oh well. Time to play some Multiplayer, extra-cheese.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5131 on: February 26, 2016, 12:24:49 am »

In multiplayer, codexes+areaofeffectguy+massmedic=win. Simply fire your area off effect on your codexes, have them clone, have your mass medic heal all of them at once, repeat until you have a massive amy of teleporting, rifting, codexes.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5132 on: February 26, 2016, 12:38:13 am »

You want to put repeaters on people with damage over time ammo. Every turn you cause damage the percent chance is reapplied.

And you want to use it with Venom ammo.  In the config files, fire and acid damage are limited to two rounds after ignition, while poison damage continues for five rounds.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #5133 on: February 26, 2016, 12:43:33 am »

In multiplayer, codexes+areaofeffectguy+massmedic=win. Simply fire your area off effect on your codexes, have them clone, have your mass medic heal all of them at once, repeat until you have a massive amy of teleporting, rifting, codexes.
Does Restoration work on Codices? If so, auto-win button.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5134 on: February 26, 2016, 12:47:42 am »

It can genuinely be the same guy. You can rescue captured soldiers.
I did rescue him!  It made me happy.  RIP to the two soldiers I never got a chance to rescue.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5135 on: February 26, 2016, 01:03:26 am »

Does Restoration work on Codices? If so, auto-win button.
Yes. That's what I meant by mass-medic. It is quite ridiculous. That is not even to mention the codexes ability to teleport and make people's guns stop working
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5136 on: February 26, 2016, 04:15:15 am »

You want to put repeaters on people with damage over time ammo. Every turn you cause damage the percent chance is reapplied.

And you want to use it with Venom ammo.  In the config files, fire and acid damage are limited to two rounds after ignition, while poison damage continues for five rounds.
Poison's the worst, acid is the best. A lot of the things you want that proc against are immune to poison.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #5137 on: February 26, 2016, 08:43:07 am »

allegedly you can skip the skyranger scene by pressing caps lock

https://youtu.be/diAVEAXdKSg?t=1m59s

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5138 on: February 26, 2016, 09:33:56 am »

Its not new news either way.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5139 on: February 26, 2016, 01:12:12 pm »

Poison's the worst, acid is the best. A lot of the things you want that proc against are immune to poison.
Acid only does damage, doesn't do shit for mobility or aim, and isn't available as an ammo type.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5140 on: February 26, 2016, 02:29:41 pm »

Acid only does damage, doesn't do shit for mobility or aim, and isn't available as an ammo type.

Hardly anyone is immune to acid and it shreds the most armor. Poison has a great radius though.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #5141 on: February 26, 2016, 02:31:42 pm »

Acid grenades/bombs are great, yes. However, this discussion was about the best ammo type to use in conjunction with a Repeater mod on a weapon. Since there are no acid ammos, it's really just a question between Fire and Poison as a DoT to proc the repeater effect.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5142 on: February 26, 2016, 02:33:08 pm »

Claerly the answer here is 'mod in an acid ammo type' ;)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #5143 on: February 26, 2016, 03:42:27 pm »

I'm still wondering how the hell do the special rounds function with plasma-beam weapons. >_>
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5144 on: February 26, 2016, 03:43:30 pm »

They just kinda... rub it on the beam.
Pages: 1 ... 341 342 [343] 344 345 ... 469