Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 335 336 [337] 338 339 ... 469

Author Topic: X-Com Chimera Squad  (Read 724658 times)

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: X-Com 2: Welcome Back, Commander.
« Reply #5040 on: February 21, 2016, 06:10:34 pm »

I'm on the final mission and AI decided it's no longer going to play with me. Last attempt to take away my fun.

Too bad I don't think I saved between it and attack on tower, so if it doesn't fix itself, I'd have to just accept easy victory. After all, haven't I suffered enough?
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5041 on: February 21, 2016, 07:21:20 pm »

I'd been decently lucky for my entire run, and then on the final mission the game just stopped taking my shit.  I'm talking repeated 80% misses, purple dudes dodging 100% killshots, that kind of thing.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5042 on: February 21, 2016, 07:30:59 pm »

Is there any set that people are really enjoying?
Accurate Swords.
The rest of my set is mostly just because I like the sound of them, but get that mod.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5043 on: February 21, 2016, 08:14:05 pm »

Sectoids, as in the first game, are simply not scary.  Even mind control can hose you only if you lack any threat response or have a multiple activation.

I am running these mods:

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #5044 on: February 21, 2016, 08:36:22 pm »

There's quite a lot of nice Sword mods, I recommend you look about. Personally I like one that just bumps up the general accuracy and damage of the swords, without guarenteeing damage and thus really taking out something important in the game: RNGesus owns your soul guaranteed damage should be relatively rare. (Name is subtle sword tweaks).

EVAC ALL is really only one I find is just a straight upgrade currently, although surely there are others on the market. I do hear positive things about the Stop Wasting my Time mod.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5045 on: February 21, 2016, 08:45:08 pm »

If you've ever felt yourself staring blankly at the screen while an animation hangs around (overwatch, shooting, gremlin, etc) then get SWMT.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5046 on: February 21, 2016, 08:46:06 pm »

If you're going to run into an almost always non-cover spot, you need to damn hit. Otherwise you might as well just shoot the alien instead of sword. Untouchable is a long ways off from squaddie and only covers one shot per turn.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5047 on: February 21, 2016, 09:28:03 pm »

Are there any preformance enhacning tips anyone has? I'm running at the lowest settings, and am going to crank down the resolution, but I wanted to see if there was any .ini settings I can mess with to bring the FPS up a bit.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #5048 on: February 21, 2016, 09:43:08 pm »

Open <Userdir>/My Documents/My Games/XCOM2/XComGame/Configs/XComEngine.ini, find a setting called AllowPostprocessing, set it to false. Also apparently MipFadeInSpeed and MipFadeOutSpeed settings bring FPS up a bit if set to "0.0". I've made too many little tinkering changes in my ini file to recall them all, but those are probably the basis of getting a playable FPS out of an integrated GPU.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5049 on: February 21, 2016, 10:20:41 pm »

Are there any preformance enhacning tips anyone has? I'm running at the lowest settings, and am going to crank down the resolution, but I wanted to see if there was any .ini settings I can mess with to bring the FPS up a bit.
Hold your laptop half off of your desk to facilitate better ventilation :P
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5050 on: February 21, 2016, 10:24:49 pm »

You half-jest, but so many laptops put important fans on the bottom for some reason.  Which means that holding it in your lap, particularly on a winter blanket, is a very bad idea when playing an intensive game.

Unless you hold it away from said insulating surface.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5051 on: February 21, 2016, 10:27:26 pm »

You half-jest, but so many laptops put important fans on the bottom for some reason.  Which means that holding it in your lap, particularly on a winter blanket, is a very bad idea when playing an intensive game.

Unless you hold it away from said insulating surface.

levitating laptop best laptop
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5052 on: February 21, 2016, 10:44:24 pm »

Give it sectopod legs with working hydraulics.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5053 on: February 21, 2016, 10:54:00 pm »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5054 on: February 21, 2016, 10:56:35 pm »

Works for me!
Pages: 1 ... 335 336 [337] 338 339 ... 469