Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 322 323 [324] 325 326 ... 469

Author Topic: X-Com Chimera Squad  (Read 724793 times)

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: X-Com 2: Welcome Back, Commander.
« Reply #4845 on: February 14, 2016, 09:56:35 am »

The game just crashed. But I can't be mad, as it was right after missing a 90% shot on a flanked and wounded muton.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #4846 on: February 14, 2016, 11:38:50 am »

Reinforcements are coming!

*drops two proximity mines*

No more reinforcements.

Also, do stacked prox mines not go off? I dropped two but it seems only one exploded for 10 dmg.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #4847 on: February 14, 2016, 12:34:02 pm »

Also, do stacked prox mines not go off? I dropped two but it seems only one exploded for 10 dmg.
I think enemies can only be hit by a single explosion at once. A grenade blowing up a fuel tank only hurts them once too.

Does anyone else find faceless not attacking when they should? I've had multiple faceless run up to my soldier, run around them, then end their turn and point at my soldier.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4848 on: February 14, 2016, 12:43:47 pm »

Faceless might have to spend an action to melee attack. I've had them do the same thing to me once or twice. Melee enemies in general are weird sometimes... Burrowed chryssalids trigger action music when you enter their LoS and you can hear them stomping around as they "turn" to face your soldiers.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4849 on: February 14, 2016, 12:54:58 pm »

The faceless attack doesn't count as "melee" in the same sense that the Chrysallids, Stun Lancers, and Rangers do. The "Swipe o'doom" could, technically, kill someone a few tiles away from them, so it follows the same rules as a ranged attack, albeit a very limited one.

As such, you dash away from faceless, and they will follow helplessly, unable to attack unless you stop moving for long enough for them to blue move and murder you. Thus, their real danger is that when they first activate, you will have almost certainly used up one of your moves already, putting your poor solider in range.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

azurelao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4850 on: February 14, 2016, 01:07:39 pm »

I think enemies can only be hit by a single explosion at once. A grenade blowing up a fuel tank only hurts them once too.

Does anyone else find faceless not attacking when they should? I've had multiple faceless run up to my soldier, run around them, then end their turn and point at my soldier.

Can confirm that multiple explosions are viable. I've taken out more than one enemy with a plasma grenade and environmental assistance.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #4851 on: February 14, 2016, 02:13:26 pm »

The faceless attack doesn't count as "melee" in the same sense that the Chrysallids, Stun Lancers, and Rangers do. The "Swipe o'doom" could, technically, kill someone a few tiles away from them, so it follows the same rules as a ranged attack, albeit a very limited one.

As such, you dash away from faceless, and they will follow helplessly, unable to attack unless you stop moving for long enough for them to blue move and murder you. Thus, their real danger is that when they first activate, you will have almost certainly used up one of your moves already, putting your poor solider in range.
My working rule has been that if a character wields a melee weapon it can dash and attack, if it uses claws or fists than it can't.

I'm not sure that's true tho...
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4852 on: February 14, 2016, 02:21:24 pm »

I've seen worse than that. All the time I have Elite Lancers that blue move in, melee attack, run away, and then shoot, all on the same turn.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4853 on: February 14, 2016, 02:30:18 pm »

My working rule has been that if a character wields a melee weapon it can dash and attack, if it uses claws or fists than it can't.

It's not.  Archons can't charge.
Shoes...

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4854 on: February 14, 2016, 04:07:52 pm »

It's not.  Archons can't charge.
Also I'm pretty sure Chryssalids can, although you might consider the entire goddamn package to be a melee weapon in that case.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4855 on: February 14, 2016, 06:52:53 pm »

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4856 on: February 14, 2016, 07:07:38 pm »

It would be cool if the missions to counter dark events would be a bit more specific and not so random. Aliens get armour? Sabotage the factory! They want venom rounds? Kill ten vipers and bring me their tongues!   Eliminate the scientist responsible for that. Avatar progress? Corrupt their data! Faster retaliation? Have a diversion to give the haven more time (as if they would use it. I never delay the retaliation, it will come anyway, so better to stop something else.)
The missions are already there, it would just be better fluff.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4857 on: February 14, 2016, 07:17:12 pm »

Meh. I appreciate that complaint Rince Wind, but I think people would probably counter certain missions more then others, so they would end up seeing certain missions less.

Plus isn't that true to some level? I know that the stuff I had to seize to stop alien infiltration were "tissue samples" of some sort, and that made a certain sort of sense in my head.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4858 on: February 14, 2016, 07:26:54 pm »

The guerilla op missions are all fairly relevant to their dark events. Since all the mission types (Destroy alien relay, protect your relay, recover data) basically are supposed to be recovering/protecting data vital to the dark event.
But yeah. They could definitely be more relevant and be things other than just data.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4859 on: February 14, 2016, 09:25:31 pm »

Deliver a truckload of anime to an ADVENT facility to stop them from making progress on the Avatar project.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 322 323 [324] 325 326 ... 469