Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 226 227 [228] 229 230 ... 469

Author Topic: X-Com Chimera Squad  (Read 724139 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: X-Com 2: 275 Hours Until Unification Day
« Reply #3405 on: January 26, 2016, 12:42:15 am »

I don't really care about UFO 2 Extraterrestrials or XCOM2 either...all I want is Xenonauts 2.  :P

I wouldn't mind Xenonauts 1 with a less eye-gougingly hard to read interface.

Never played it, but it couldn't possibly have been worse than oldCom.
Xenonauts had a pretty decent interface for a game that didn't want to be in the engine it was stuck with. Maybe Sean had a gigantic monitor or something and it had problems with that?
I have a 1920x1080 screen on this here tablet, but I had problems reading UI text way back on my laptop'x 1366x768. It doesn't scale with resolution, and it becomes tiny. In contrast, I can play oldCom (OpenXCom, actually) completely fine on my tablet. In tablet mode, even, because the UI is so touch-friendly (because ye olde huege buttonse). Huge pixellated letters are much easier on the eyes than tiny TrueType ones. I have the same issue with Thea: The Awakening.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 12:44:46 am by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
Re: X-Com 2: 215 Hours Until Unification Day
« Reply #3406 on: January 26, 2016, 01:47:37 am »

215 hours seems a bit little. XCOM2 releases on February 5th, which is in about 10 days (technically 11 where I am). 10*24 = 240 hours, which is already way over 215 hours.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3407 on: January 26, 2016, 02:00:17 am »

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

We're using New Hours here, not the filthy corrupt old ones. And midnight can make things confusing or something.

The point here is that I'm not changing the thread title.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3408 on: January 26, 2016, 11:18:44 am »

Is it so that you dont have t change it asmuch later?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3409 on: January 26, 2016, 11:21:50 am »

Well, unification day has to be before the new XCOM can fight against the unified aliens and humans. So it would be logical to have it before release.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3410 on: January 26, 2016, 03:42:46 pm »

I thought we were crashing Unification Day specifically in order to prevent world peace and unity, though? Harder to do that if you show up late.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3411 on: January 26, 2016, 03:45:58 pm »

We're technically crashing the anniversary...  Which I guess is called Unification Day itself in short form.  Dang, now I'm confused.

Let's hope they don't release the game in Feb 2017 for the anniversary!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3412 on: January 26, 2016, 03:48:20 pm »

Unification day is the day celebrating the Unification of humans and our generous benefactors. Like how there isn't actually a terrorist plot on Parliament every Bonfire Night, and you 'mericans don't throw a hissy fit over tea taxes (or some shit idfk) every Independence Day.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3413 on: January 26, 2016, 04:34:54 pm »

Those lousy yanks don't even like tea... I bet snehks like tea, they look like they have taste...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3414 on: January 26, 2016, 05:25:52 pm »

Those lousy yanks don't even like tea... I bet snehks like tea, they look like they have taste...
dafuq you say?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3415 on: January 26, 2016, 05:45:56 pm »

Coffee is for when you need a drink to wake you up. A quadruple shot of expresso is for when you need a drink to wake you up RIGHT FUCKING NOW. Tea is for when you need a drink that tastes like what it is: hot, flavored water.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3416 on: January 26, 2016, 05:47:43 pm »

*sips (unsweet) ice tea in an effort to stay awake*
Fascinating...
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3417 on: January 26, 2016, 05:53:57 pm »

ice tea
Kindly inhale that tea and choke on it please~
Then collect the tea back up and put it in the microwave or some shit. You're doing it wrong.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3418 on: January 26, 2016, 05:55:11 pm »

To any supporters of these X-COM terrorists:

Ridiculous. You're just another of those conspiracy nuts. Next you're going to claim that 9/11 was an inside job and that the City 17 attacks were actually a good thing.
The Visitors are the best thing that could ever have happened to us. You know what humans suffered from before gene therapy? There was a disease where your own cells would grow out of control and eat you up from the inside. There were people who couldn't walk or talk or see because of genetic disorders. The Visitors rescued us from those horrible afflictions. I've had several genetic treatments (those neuro-enhancements are awesome) and I think I would have noticed if I had become part of their "gene buffet".
And if the Visitors hadn't come, who would have shown us how to create free abundant energy without polluting our planet? Who would have brought us technology beyond our wildest dreams, saving millions all over the world? Who would've united us and stopped war forever? Certainly not us humans.
Your claims about the incident in Berlin are without basis in fact. I've read several independent reports, all agree that X-COM were the aggressors. And before you claim that those reports were created by the Visitors in an attempt to "hide the truth" – who is more trustworthy: Several independent sources – even if they were manipulated by those that have brought us peace, health and technology – or some random conspiracy nut on the web?
So, everyone who's reading this: Don't waste your time thinking about this. Be grateful for what the Visitors have given us.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3419 on: January 26, 2016, 06:04:11 pm »

Nice, BHK.  I do wonder if city citizens will be a problem at times...  And as always, I'm super excited for mods which may paint XCOM and ADVENT in different light.  Also EXALT please please please.

ice tea
Kindly inhale that tea and choke on it please~
Then collect the tea back up and put it in the microwave or some shit. You're doing it wrong.
Relax, I'll just warm it up in my tea kettle~
(Proper tea tastes better *obviously* but it takes time and I can't really get hydrated off it.  I just want some not-beer to chug right now.  Water filter's gone a bit off.)
She/they
Pages: 1 ... 226 227 [228] 229 230 ... 469