Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 469

Author Topic: X-Com Chimera Squad  (Read 724136 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: X-Com 2: 275 Hours Until Unification Day
« Reply #3390 on: January 25, 2016, 06:18:33 pm »

I don't really care about UFO 2 Extraterrestrials or XCOM2 either...all I want is Xenonauts 2.  :P
I wouldn't mind Xenonauts 1 with a less eye-gougingly hard to read interface.
I think that might just be you.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3391 on: January 25, 2016, 06:25:24 pm »

I don't really care about UFO 2 Extraterrestrials or XCOM2 either...all I want is Xenonauts 2.  :P

I wouldn't mind Xenonauts 1 with a less eye-gougingly hard to read interface.

Never played it, but it couldn't possibly have been worse than oldCom.
Xenonauts had a pretty decent interface for a game that didn't want to be in the engine it was stuck with. Maybe Sean had a gigantic monitor or something and it had problems with that?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3392 on: January 25, 2016, 06:30:23 pm »

So XCOM 2 preorders are 27% (what the fuck kind of discount is that) off on GMG. I'm pretty sure that being cheaper satisfies the "you actually get a benefit for preordering" clause in situations where preordering a digital produce is acceptable.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #3393 on: January 25, 2016, 06:32:17 pm »

WOOOOOHH!!! GENETICALLY MODIFIED SHOTGUN STEALTH SQUADS INBOUND! WITH MAYBE A SHIV OR TWO TO HELP!
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3394 on: January 25, 2016, 06:38:53 pm »

So XCOM 2 preorders are 27% (what the fuck kind of discount is that) off on GMG. I'm pretty sure that being cheaper satisfies the "you actually get a benefit for preordering" clause in situations where preordering a digital produce is acceptable.
GMG generally has weird discounts, but is it only for the normal version or deluxe one?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3395 on: January 25, 2016, 06:42:44 pm »

It's both. Same discount on each. And it's with a discount code because idk.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3396 on: January 25, 2016, 06:49:44 pm »

Server not found.

Also, does the GMG place offer Steam codes?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3397 on: January 25, 2016, 06:50:24 pm »

Is it possible to refund the one from steam (bought on 15th of Jan.) and then get the GMG one? I haven't used the Steam Refunding system yet.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3398 on: January 25, 2016, 06:50:39 pm »

That link's broken, and the Reddit page on Google results is from September and invalid, but this code currently works:

27PERC-OFFXCO-M2GAME
Not sure why I waited to buy, getting it now.  Was similarly surprised when MGS5 went on significant preorder sale like this (for Phantom Pain).

Server not found.

Also, does the GMG place offer Steam codes?
Yes, and as far as I know that's all they offer.  They're legit though, unlike those sites that offer a discount on foreign-bought keys.  Those often don't work, GMG is fully above-board.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3399 on: January 25, 2016, 07:34:22 pm »

Ah, perfect. I think I might have used GMG at some point in the distant past, but have forgotten how they worked.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3400 on: January 25, 2016, 07:58:00 pm »

If you're wondering why GMG always has sales: https://www.reddit.com/r/GameDealsMeta/comments/3t0p9m/rgamedeals_and_greenmangaming/

Though I do still buy from them. I don't really care about grey market keys myself.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3401 on: January 25, 2016, 09:33:54 pm »

If you're wondering why GMG always has sales: https://www.reddit.com/r/GameDealsMeta/comments/3t0p9m/rgamedeals_and_greenmangaming/

Though I do still buy from them. I don't really care about grey market keys myself.

Take that with a grain of salt. GMG's in the right not wanting to reveal business information to a group of sub mods with an overinflated sense of self-importance. It's already proved that the mods were wrong on the claim about WB. And apparently the closest thing to a smoking gun (the issues with BLOPS 3 keys) wasn't exclusive to GMG but also occurred with other online retailers still endorsed by the subs. The sub mods made the decision based on three responses from tier-1 support which look like scripted answers, one of which was negated by the support department in a later response.

Someone who (claimed to be) was a top-tier employee in a company's support department described questions about approved vendors as something that T1 reps would almost never see, and responses for queries like that tend to be canned. I'd be willing to put money on it that Activision and Ubisoft (as well as WB, apparently) don't have a frequently updated list of approved vendors because they don't get many queries about it. A quick check says that Ubisoft's hasn't been updated since last May; I couldn't find an update date for Activision's.

Maybe they're using sourced keys for some games from certain devs, but... I've never had trouble with them, and the vast majority of their sales are for games that they do source directly. They had pretty substantial sales for Bethesda games, for example, and they're apparently on their approved vendors list (according to a reddit post that transcribed the whole damn thing, though I can't find it myself).

*shrugs*

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3402 on: January 25, 2016, 09:39:02 pm »

And for the record, I have *no idea* about any of that controversy.  I was instantly a little worried when I said GMG is above-board.
But my experience is:  Their keys, even weirdly generous deals on preorders, work.  Whereas some of my Steam friends have tried to get me to use certain shadier sites, and then been sad that their keys were invalid.

Also, here's why I was confident enough to say GMG is legit:
Steam allows GMG URLs in chat
Steam blocks the URLs of those other sites
Steam *definitely* knows about GMG, it's relatively popular
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3403 on: January 25, 2016, 09:39:46 pm »

GMG has a bit of money behind them, I always figured the majority of the discount was them taking a cut on what they would normally earn in order to expand their market presence and build up a following.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3404 on: January 25, 2016, 10:44:11 pm »

Yeah, I don't really care one way or the other. I like GMG too and they're the only game storefront I have email notifications for. I don't even have that for Steam.

But I'd believe it if they got grey market keys to fill up gaps in supply. Hard to believe no storefront wouldn't do that (other than Steam and the proprietary ones).

Edit: Oh ya, and I preordered my XCOM2 from them about a month ago. Heh.
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 469