Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 469

Author Topic: X-Com Chimera Squad  (Read 724324 times)

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile

I'd probably be less mad about it if I wasn't so sure that so much of that extra money is going to the CEOs and producing company, who oftentimes are actively detrimental to the development process, or if it didn't just feel like they were fleecing me for more cash.  I mean, $60 is a non-trivial amount of money, you know?
But that's true of the base game in addition to the DLC, right? I would be surprised if the CEO got a larger percentage of the DLC than the base game... more likely, he'd get a larger share of either one if it does better than expectations, because that would likely mean Firaxis did better than expected, which means Take Two did better than expected, and that's usually when the extra layer of gilding hits the executives. (Well, that and when they get fired. Nobody said the system made sense.)

So your position is about the morality of capitalism, and/or the way that AAA titles are inefficient (in that lots of people not involved in making as good of a game as possible drive are involved, driving up the price of the game, but do a good enough job at being a game that you are willing to pay all of those other people involved in the process if it means you get the game), not the morality of On-Disc DLC?

EDIT: As part of researching this point, I came across this data about the compensation package of the guy at the Top of Take Two: http://www.thestreet.com/story/13111869/10/10-super-rich-ceos-who-only-make-one-dollar-in-salary.html?startIndex=0
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 03:54:32 pm by ndkid »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: X-Com 2: Sectopod Upgrades Are Proof Of Universal Malice
« Reply #3061 on: January 08, 2016, 04:35:38 pm »

Seriously though, it's literally an expansion pack. New class, new items, new enemies, maybe new missions. That is what expansion packs have always been. When I got AoE II: The Conquerors, it added new faction, new units, and a new set of campaign missions. Nobody that I can recall bitched about it being P2W or stuff that should have been included in the base game.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3062 on: January 08, 2016, 04:46:31 pm »

Hey looking at it, that alien gun in the second picture doesn't look like any we've seen before. Despite coming from a terrorist organisation this time, it actually looks sleeker than anything from EU/EW. Maybe a new weapon type?
That is a plasma gun.
I know because it is shown in some of the vids that show the research screen.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3063 on: January 08, 2016, 04:48:50 pm »

Third pic also shows what looks like either a laser sword or a HF sword. I'm hoping for the latter, anything that makes this more Rules of Nature is welcomed.
That was actually in one of the trailers for about a half-second.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's extremely early to be calling a new class "OP" since we don't know their capabilities.  You still have to not take an old-style class when taking one of them.

Maybe probably I misinterpreted it, but what sounded OP to me was the "Face off against “Ruler” aliens with new, more powerful weapons and armor." Like, it sounded to me like "here's some powerful gear. Be a shame if you had to fight these "Ruler" aliens without it..."

And now I sound crazy. :P
I blame too much Star Trek Online.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #3065 on: January 08, 2016, 06:05:54 pm »

Spoiler: Also daw (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 06:08:20 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's extremely early to be calling a new class "OP" since we don't know their capabilities.  You still have to not take an old-style class when taking one of them.

Maybe probably I misinterpreted it, but what sounded OP to me was the "Face off against “Ruler” aliens with new, more powerful weapons and armor." Like, it sounded to me like "here's some powerful gear. Be a shame if you had to fight these "Ruler" aliens without it..."

To me it sounds like they are adding tougher enemies so you need tougher gear.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Where is the Sectopod? Is it behind the repair drone? I like the handle sticking out of the repair drone's back, it should be fun seeing the sectopods triple-wielding these things...
Spoiler: Also daw (click to show/hide)
Something about that window looks off to me, like it was a movie, perhaps it is just the high angle...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3068 on: January 08, 2016, 07:24:41 pm »

I thought it was a movie.  Or rather, a flatscreen TV or repurposed display.  Otherwise, the Avenger might be flying a bit low.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3069 on: January 08, 2016, 08:23:10 pm »

Its landed 3/4 of the time
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

*I* interpreted it as THE ALIENS being the ones getting the "new more powerful weapons and armor"
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #3071 on: January 08, 2016, 08:52:31 pm »

Yeah, I think one gives you new enemies and missions and the other gives you a new class and gear.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3072 on: January 08, 2016, 11:33:38 pm »

Both sides get new stuff!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3073 on: January 09, 2016, 01:55:47 am »

The aliens get new technologies while xcom gets new rookies?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3074 on: January 09, 2016, 04:36:36 am »

Can this game hurry up and come out?  I've been getting progressively more excited, it's making it hard to concentrate on being garbage at counter strike.
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 469