Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 469

Author Topic: X-Com Chimera Squad  (Read 724311 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

I'm just baffled, as others were earlier, by how a fandom which praised Enemy Within so heavily is busy shitting on literally the exact same thing for nuCOM 2.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

It's extremely early to be calling a new class "OP" since we don't know their capabilities.  You still have to not take an old-style class when taking one of them.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

I'm just baffled, as others were earlier, by how a fandom which praised Enemy Within so heavily is busy shitting on literally the exact same thing for nuCOM 2.
Enemy Within had to rebalance a bunch of stuff (and the game needed it as well) to make its content work, since it was actually added content. It changed each part of the game by some degree in order to improve it. This is something that's been planned and designed around from the start and Firaxis just want to sell it on top of the price of the "full" game.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile

The expansions add more content. Weapons and armor is a good way to add new content, and people generally like upgrading things even further.
Besides, I'm sure the aliens added in the expansion  offset the abilities of the armor.
Also when it's single player, I don't think it's matter even if it was play-to-win. If it was, it'd be similar-ish to the rewards from slingshot.

Also Graknorke, why are you assuming this won't be balanced like you say Enemy Within was? It's starting to seem like people are looking for reasons to hate the game again.  And Enemy Within wasn't even that balanced!
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
It's FEF, not FEOF

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I still kind of want a Alien Hybrid class, but I know that it would make no sense in this game.

Since even if there are Alien Hybrids who dislike the regime enough to fight against them. There is no way in the frosty wastes that Xcom would ever trust them.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also Graknorke, why are you assuming this won't be balanced like you say Enemy Within was? It's starting to seem like people are looking for reasons to hate the game again.  And Enemy Within wasn't even that balanced!
Because EW was to fix problems they'd identified after release, but SLG is already planned out, so it couldn't do that. And "looking for reasons to hate the game"? You should probably try and keep that persecution complex in check. I think the game will be pretty good, I just don't appreciate publishers trying to gouge extra money from their customers and spinning it as doing them a favour.

Well cock.

There is no way in the frosty wastes that Xcom would ever trust them.
vigilo confido
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile

Wow. That got hostile.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: X-Com 2: Sectopod Upgrades Are Proof Of Universal Malice
« Reply #3054 on: January 08, 2016, 03:40:11 pm »

Hey looking at it, that alien gun in the second picture doesn't look like any we've seen before. Despite coming from a terrorist organisation this time, it actually looks sleeker than anything from EU/EW. Maybe a new weapon type?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3055 on: January 08, 2016, 03:42:37 pm »

...couldn't you just blow off one of those tiny leg attachment points in the first pic instead of shooting at the doombot?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

teoleo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3056 on: January 08, 2016, 03:43:02 pm »

i want to play this game....before the 5th feb  :O))

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3057 on: January 08, 2016, 03:44:29 pm »

Third pic also shows what looks like either a laser sword or a HF sword. I'm hoping for the latter, anything that makes this more Rules of Nature is welcomed.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3058 on: January 08, 2016, 03:45:30 pm »

Exactly what I was thinking. I dearly hope I'll be able to make Raiden, with or without mods.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile

why are you assuming this won't be balanced like you say Enemy Within was?
Honestly, if the game is balanced *for* them being there from the get-go, then the DLC is just holding your gameplay for ransom, (since the design assumption is the class is in the game), and if it isn't, well, it's a P2W feature, or an underpowered one.

Of course, there's the possibility to do it right, e.g. by the rebalances being part of the patch that includes the new class or something. Or, y'know, introducing it as a part of a large content update that changes up a huge chunk of balance en masse and is broad enough in scope to be able to significantly upset a lot of stuff to make it work in the context of gameplay,  *cough*expansion pack*cough*.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 469