Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 469

Author Topic: X-Com Chimera Squad  (Read 723890 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: X-Com 2
« Reply #1935 on: July 27, 2015, 09:39:24 pm »

SECTOID MEETS MECTOID
GET REKTOID

I can't believe you passed that up.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
Re: X-Com 2: Gears Of Muton
« Reply #1936 on: July 27, 2015, 11:45:26 pm »

New gamespot interview about sharpshooter class
Important highlights include skull bandanas, some clarification on the cinematic camera, fuckhuge pistols, details regarding weapon modification, and information on the sharpshooter class.

It's a little troubling how they sort of dodge the question about how they are making snipers less overpowered then newcom1, in fact they make it sound like it was not actually a problem and that maybe they aren't doing anything at all, and newcom2 snipers will be just as overpowered. I'm a little worried the balance is going to be just as bad or even worse than newcom1 was, because it was really unfortunate how quickly and how steeply the difficulty dropped off.

Also I'm not really happy about them making pistols into a "very appealing weapon". Pistols in real life are basically good at being small and not much else, and it annoys me when games make them into some kind of super-weapon.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: July 27, 2015, 11:49:49 pm »

Also I'm not really happy about them making pistols into a "very appealing weapon". Pistols in real life are basically good at being small and not much else, and it annoys me when games make them into some kind of super-weapon.
Side Arm of Uselessness

I remember watching a soldier talking about No-scoping with a sniper rifle and how only a fantastic circumstance would it ever be advisable for a sniper to attempt it instead of just fishing out his side arm.

To admit part of the reason why it is so viable in games is because weapon weight is meaningless

But the other is that sidearms like pistols, outside maybe magnums, are just so weak.

Now in classical shooters like doom, it makes sense because the game is about a progression of weaponry.

Yet in Spunkwaggleweewees they still make pistols pretty lousy in spite being military shooters... as if they were classic shooters.

I will ALWAYS praise this one game because the pistol remains useful from the start to the end of the game (But then again the way it handled weapon progression was genius and I think it should be held as the example of how to do it. Pistols start off ok because of their rapid shot and good accuracy.. but at the end of the game they are valued because they are armor piercing and can thus headshot through helmets)
:P What? I have a strange sense of humor.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: July 28, 2015, 03:09:17 am »

Also, I very much doubt EXALT would be made of human supremacists. That kind of people wouldn't run a subversion campaign against the primary planetary human defense force in the middle of an alien invasion. They're pro-alien, collaborationists, clear as day.
They were only doing what Earth's governments did when they realised they were up against a far superior and near-unbeatable enemy. Cut your losses and secure your position as well as you can for the changed world.
By the events of XCOM2, it's not unreasonable that EXALT have seen and do not like the changes happening to the world, and have the resources to do something about it.

But it would require enemy infighting and I'm pretty sure that's not a thing. So it's unlikely to happen.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: July 28, 2015, 03:19:01 am »

Wasn't the idea that EXALT is a world-domination-type conspiracy that's old as hell, and what we saw of them in EW is just their anti-XCOM arm?
Yep. The items from the base (and the decor) heavily imply that they are at least a century old.

Matter of fact, I've begun to suspect that between being a conspiracy nuts' dreams personified, the attire and the involvement of ayylmaos, they are a nod to Majestic 12 conspiracy theories.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: July 28, 2015, 03:22:09 am »

EXALTinati confirmed.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: July 28, 2015, 03:43:16 am »

New gamespot interview about sharpshooter class
Important highlights include skull bandanas, some clarification on the cinematic camera, fuckhuge pistols, details regarding weapon modification, and information on the sharpshooter class.

It's a little troubling how they sort of dodge the question about how they are making snipers less overpowered then newcom1, in fact they make it sound like it was not actually a problem and that maybe they aren't doing anything at all, and newcom2 snipers will be just as overpowered. I'm a little worried the balance is going to be just as bad or even worse than newcom1 was, because it was really unfortunate how quickly and how steeply the difficulty dropped off.
Well they do say that they are trying to push the drop off back, though they still want to include it to a lesser extent.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: July 28, 2015, 08:17:17 am »

New interview on Chryssalids- Literally everything is horrible now, and we are all going to die.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: X-Com 2: C-Day
« Reply #1943 on: July 28, 2015, 08:24:45 am »

Oh. Oh yes. Incidentally, this contains a lot of elements similar to my Elite Chryssalid proposal for EW, and I'm glad to see Firaxis took a similar mindset. Now, if only they could fly...
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: July 28, 2015, 08:26:33 am »

Hee, as if the comparison to cliff racers wasn't already enough. :P

((But, advanced chrysallids: turn "burrow" into "tunnel"))

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: July 28, 2015, 08:26:47 am »

Literally everything is horrible now, and we are all going to die.

Finally.

But am I reading this right that they don't generate zombies anymore? Baww. Oh well, I am so ready for ENDLESS SWARMS OF ENDLESS MURDER.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: July 28, 2015, 08:28:20 am »

Literally everything is horrible now, and we are all going to die.

Finally.

But am I reading this right that they don't generate zombies anymore? Baww. Oh well, I am so ready for ENDLESS SWARMS OF ENDLESS MURDER.
Sadly, that seems the case.  All that stuff that went into zombies now goes into an extra-large bug hunt.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: July 28, 2015, 08:28:56 am »

Not zombies. It's so much worse... I wish I had a computer that could run it.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: July 28, 2015, 08:49:50 am »

Live interview transcriptions sure can be weird sometimes
We will have counterplay that we're not talking about now through items and gear to be able to get in front of that if you choose to, but at any moment, and this actually happened to me the other day, you're walking along, and a chryssalid literally jumped out of the ground and took me down.

Also is it just me, or were they very insistent that this specific hybrid won't ever join XCOM ???  Particularly early in the interview.  They even sorta moved from that into "they have no human DNA, see".  I might be reading too far into that...
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: July 28, 2015, 08:55:01 am »

Oh goodness NO NOT AGAIN THE CHRYSALIDS AAAUGH
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 469