Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 469

Author Topic: X-Com Chimera Squad  (Read 725770 times)

Julius Clonkus

• Bay Watcher
  • [NIGHTMARE_FETISHIST]
    • View Profile
Re: X-Com 2: YOU CAN'T TAKE THAT THING, GET OUT NOW!
« Reply #1665 on: June 29, 2015, 05:44:14 am »

I wonder if Sectopods will be used as like, police-enforcers.
For the differing force requirements of police work, in the future sectopods will come in all sizes.  There will be super sectopods (as seen in LW), normal sectopods, mini sectopods (still larger than a human), and special model "shoulder sectopods" to advise ADVENT personal.
Shouldtopods also come with a miniature laser cannon and state-of-the-alien targeting systems to fend off those pesky little Terran mosquitoes.
Holy schist, this thread is mica me sick.
DF Players never truly leave.  They just abandon the fortress for a few years and then reclaim.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: June 29, 2015, 06:14:38 am »

...to fend off those pesky little Terran mosquitoes.
I think over twenty years they could rewrite the cluster bomb algorithm and replace them with actively targeted missiles. Take that, little fuckers.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: June 29, 2015, 06:22:34 am »

For the differing force requirements of police work, in the future sectopods will come in all sizes.  There will be super sectopods (as seen in LW), normal sectopods, mini sectopods (still larger than a human), and special model "shoulder sectopods" to advise ADVENT personal.
Shouldtopods also come with a miniature laser cannon and state-of-the-alien targeting systems to fend off those pesky little Terran mosquitoes.

Suddenly it makes complete sense why all humans would just step in line behind the aliens.

I would too.
Love, scriver~

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: June 29, 2015, 06:45:13 am »

Suddenly it makes complete sense why all humans would just step in line behind the aliens.

I would too.

"We will cure cancer!"
"Tyranny is the real cancer!"
"We will end crime!"
"There is no point without freedom!"
"We will kill all the mosquitos!"
"..."
"When can I sign up?"

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Love, scriver~

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: June 29, 2015, 08:08:00 am »

I'll do anything for an Earth free of mosquitoes. Take my liberty, take my body, take my mind, I don't care, as long as the Scourge of Mankind is exterminated for good.

Tiny sectopods sound totes adorbs, anyway. What human could resist the look of an itty bitty murderous death machine?
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: June 29, 2015, 10:01:24 am »

Nanopods, son!

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: June 29, 2015, 11:07:27 am »

"We'll inject microscopic sectopods into your bloodstream to fight the infection"

(This reminds me of a joke Beaglerush made during a stream, which is that Enemy Within would be about shrinking down Xcom soldiers to fight tiny aliens inside the president's body)
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: June 29, 2015, 11:34:14 am »

"We'll inject microscopic sectopods into your bloodstream to fight the infection"

*high energy plasma beams begin shooting out the patients pores by day 2*
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: June 29, 2015, 11:58:15 am »

(This reminds me of a joke Beaglerush made during a stream, which is that Enemy Within would be about shrinking down Xcom soldiers to fight tiny aliens inside the president's body)
I'd rather use cyberdiscs for that. They're already kinda red-blood-cell shaped.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1675 on: June 29, 2015, 11:59:08 am »

*high energy plasma beams begin shooting out the patients pores by day 2*
...patient has a fever of 932 degrees. On the plus side, there is absolutely no sign of infection so the treatment has been firmly classified as a success.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: June 29, 2015, 09:59:45 pm »

Wasn't that an Animorphs book?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: June 30, 2015, 01:28:28 am »

Many children's shows have an episode where the protagonists shrink down to enter somebody's body. Might even be a trope.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: June 30, 2015, 04:28:35 am »

Snek34 confirmed canon, or at least high-caliber.

I'm also super excited about the easily modded gameplay-affecting weather effects. Soon you too can fight all of your battles in hellish storms of various and unnatural origin!
Snowstorm maps, for that Canadian feel of THE WORLD IS FUCKING ENDING
I WANT A TINY ITTY BITTY SECTOPOD TO LOVE D:
maybe make it plush? :D
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 469