Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 469

Author Topic: X-Com Chimera Squad  (Read 725768 times)

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: X-Com 2: YOU CAN'T TAKE THAT THING, GET OUT NOW!
« Reply #1605 on: June 23, 2015, 03:30:44 pm »

Could you possibly mod something like that into the game? Well no for the current XCOM, but a lot of modding capabilities depends on what they decide to give us for XCOM 2. Is it ever likely that such a mod would ever be created and distributed? No, it's very, very unlikely. The vast majority of XCOM players are playing it because they want to play XCOM, not because they want to learn random facts about history. Take that tiny fraction that secretly do want to learn all about history and science instead of playing XCOM, and then multiply it by the even tinier fraction that is both willing to take the large amounts of time required to make a mod and has the know-how to do so, and it's extremely unlikely that you will ever see something like that barring you creating it yourself. What you are describing is such a niche opinion, that I must say that you are the only person I have ever met to express it.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Owlga

• Bay Watcher
  • Turbo times two
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: June 23, 2015, 03:33:49 pm »

Additionally: Posting while drunk/high is never a good idea

Fuck.

Oh well guys it's been nice, I suppose Ill ride off into the sunset now.
Quote from: Cupaketan
if u cant taek a cake, dont do a bake, in a kitchen
so u hav2 leve it ok bc its 2 hot 4u
Owlga is the chillest anime girl ever.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: June 23, 2015, 03:49:53 pm »

Okay. It's not good enough, and I hope you move on. I won't see a reply and thank's for being civil. Have a read of the link i edited in.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 03:53:00 pm by Novel Scoops »
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: June 23, 2015, 04:03:23 pm »

Are you ...okay?
Did non-edutainment video games kill your parents? I'm confused here.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: June 23, 2015, 04:04:48 pm »

Fuck.

No Owlga!?! WHY?!?!

:P

Okay. It's not good enough, and I hope you move on. I won't see a reply and thank's for being civil. Have a read of the link i edited in.
To be honest I'm not sure exactly what that article has to do with anything. I mean sure, ways to attract new players is cool and all, but my point is that your desire is so niche within the XCOM intended player base that it's effectively zero. It's like asking if a game like this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
would add in some fun baking minigames to appeal to the 6 year-old girls in their player base. While they could indeed do such a thing, the realm of 6 year-old girls is so far outside of the target player base that the amount of them that are going to be playing the game is going to be effectively zero. As such since the company isn't going to be making any money off of 6 year-old girls, it's not economically viable for them to spend any money on things that 6 year-old girls would necessarily enjoy in their game. Similarly the developers of XCOM aren't going to make an edutainment game, because that doesn't appeal to the player base that they are targeting (notably more hardcore squad-based strategy fans).
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: June 23, 2015, 04:08:00 pm »

Okay, looking back seriously I think I understand what is going on here.

Basically this guy played 400 hours of XCOM and he feels it ruined his life, along with all the other gaming he's done. Hence why he compares it to Macdonalds as he think the game is imposing some kind of addictive disorder onto him compelling him to waste his life by forcing him to play it.

What he wants is that even if he is forced to continue playing these games which ruin his life, that at least they put something educational into them so he doesn't feel like he's wasting his time.

Additionally, he is under the impression that we too have ruined and wasted our lives in the same way. If you read his first post, what's what he's saying in the final sentences. That's why he think the game needs to implement these things as it will help with the "sickness" and improve not only his condition, but the fact that we are unaware we are being ruined too.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: June 23, 2015, 04:08:43 pm »

I can't decide which of these we've been visited by:

Bong, Ferrous Cranus, or Godzilla.

Bong, I believe.

He should get some sleep.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: June 23, 2015, 04:09:41 pm »

Also great, now I need to read through all 50 pages or so of the flame warrior descriptions. :P

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: June 23, 2015, 04:11:39 pm »

Ooh, haven't seen that in a while.  Definitely not the last; we're basically unscathed.  A proper Godzilla will effectively undercut or demolish a community, like that old example from an article on the idea of an online game called Troll: The Provoking, where an apparent troll managed to get a prominent community member to rage-quit by registering their account.  This one feels like an Issues warrior in the cause of edutainment.  But this is all basically ad hom.  ^_^

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: June 23, 2015, 04:15:25 pm »

Additionally: Posting while drunk/high is never a good idea

Fuck.

nuuu

We can't distinguish your drunkposts, unlike some people down in GD.  :P

we are unaware we are being ruined too.
I knew perfectly well that nuCOM ruined me. For marriage.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: June 23, 2015, 04:17:46 pm »

Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: June 23, 2015, 04:27:29 pm »

I feel like who ever made that really just wants to make an elaborate game of Mafia with 200 participants each of which has a different role.

Its like browsing the Town of Salem wiki for a custom mode that doesn't exist.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: June 23, 2015, 05:22:36 pm »

I take a day off and come back to find that Novel has emerged from cryosleep to complain about education.

I just...
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: June 23, 2015, 06:16:26 pm »

Issues
Oh hey, it's all of Tumblr.
Wa-aay older than Tumblr. Pretty universal, too.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 469