Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 469

Author Topic: X-Com Chimera Squad  (Read 725758 times)

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: X-Com 2: YOU CAN'T TAKE THAT THING, GET OUT NOW!
« Reply #1575 on: June 22, 2015, 12:33:17 am »

"Dr. Vahlen, why do you keep interrogating the captives until they die? The Ethereals and Thin Men even speak English."

"Why?"
I'd imagine that the invasive brain surgery she is performing to essentially break them from the inside out and pull images out of their consciousness (as she does with the first sectoid) is probably not too conducive to keeping them alive in the long run. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: June 22, 2015, 04:01:01 am »

Shen has a pretty solid point in that sudden influxes of technology tend to destabilise things, and genetic modification raises a whole bunch of issues that would have to be addressed. That's what he says: he expresses concern for what will happen after the war.

Yeah, it's much more of a "Are we salting our garden to deal with the snails?" kind of thing.
Love, scriver~

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: June 22, 2015, 06:01:21 am »

Yeah, it's much more of a "Are we salting our garden to deal with the snails?" kind of thing.

Or rather: "Are we planting poisonous, snail-eating plants that may spread like an invasive species to deal with the snails?"

Kinda reminds me of Australia. -Oh, the rabbits we brought it are overproducing, let's bring in snakes!
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: June 22, 2015, 06:05:15 am »

Or rather: "Are we planting poisonous, snail-eating plants that may spread like an invasive species to deal with the snails?"

Kinda reminds me of Australia. -Oh, the rabbits we brought it are overproducing, let's bring in snakes!
To be fair, snakes aren't much of a step down for Australia, unlike rabbits.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: June 22, 2015, 06:09:32 am »

Well, the snakes got eaten by the land jellyfish, but the toads were too much.
Love, scriver~

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: June 22, 2015, 06:10:46 am »

U wot m8?  Any introduced snake in Australia would be less dangerous than anything native we have here.   The proper example would be -

"These native black beetles are eating our sugar cane crops.........Let's introduce these inoffensive toads to control them"

- or -

"These rabbits we introduced are breeding too much, let's introduce foxes"

Ninja'ed
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: June 22, 2015, 07:50:52 pm »

Shen has a pretty solid point in that sudden influxes of technology tend to destabilise things, and genetic modification raises a whole bunch of issues that would have to be addressed. That's what he says: he expresses concern for what will happen after the war.
Yeah, he's never against defeating the aliens, he's just against doing like the aliens and using augmentations, both biological and mechanical.
If that foolish old man lacks the courage to move forward, then he will be left behind.

Meanwhile, the Vahlen Train has no brakes.

"Dr. Vahlen, why do you keep interrogating the captives until they die? The Ethereals and Thin Men even speak English."

"Why?"
All hail Tentacle Overlady Vahlen!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: June 22, 2015, 07:53:30 pm »

I want Shen to live in my house and we can build experimental weapons and eat fancy soups together. It would be great.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: June 23, 2015, 03:54:15 am »

Do you think soldier personalities could be modded in? Any declared mods yet?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 03:56:13 am by Novel Scoops »
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: June 23, 2015, 05:52:05 am »

One two three for I declare a mod war!
Love, scriver~

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: June 23, 2015, 06:51:27 am »

Look, this will be fun but it sounds like you're all preparing to dedicate your lives to it for a bit , and what I want are mods that make me feel good about playing afterwards and not just during. I'm talking language mods that require a working knowledge of your soldiers indigenous language/culture, an useful, enriching story, local environments that feel local, aliens that reflect real cultures and wildlife okay? I feel sick and I don't want to feel sicker so give me the impression you will go out and fucking do something with your lives.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1587 on: June 23, 2015, 10:43:15 am »

Translation: Incoherent rambling followed by slight raving.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: June 23, 2015, 10:49:28 am »

Look, this will be fun but it sounds like you're all preparing to dedicate your lives to it for a bit , and what I want are mods that make me feel good about playing afterwards and not just during. I'm talking language mods that require a working knowledge of your soldiers indigenous language/culture, an useful, enriching story, local environments that feel local, aliens that reflect real cultures and wildlife okay? I feel sick and I don't want to feel sicker so give me the impression you will go out and fucking do something with your lives.

I don't think anyone here is intending to make the mods that they're fantasizing about having. I could be wrong, of course.

Translation of Novel Scoops' post for umiman:
"You want a sandwich?? GET IN THE KITCHEN AND MAKE ME A FIVE-COURSE MEAL!"
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: June 23, 2015, 10:55:37 am »

^ can someone translate?

Theory #1: He wants to make xcom2 into an edutainment game.

Theory #2: He actually is sick and it's making him delirious, and we should be worried about him.

Theory #3: The ayys got him, activate the RL xcom project immediately
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 469