Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 469

Author Topic: X-Com Chimera Squad  (Read 725836 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: X-Com 2: YOU CAN'T TAKE THAT THING, GET OUT NOW!
« Reply #1530 on: June 19, 2015, 12:54:13 am »

Such as enemies attacking the first turn they're deployed, or Vipers moving, yanking, and strangling a target in a single turn.
The fact that these cant happen is kinda sad. Well, perhaps not the viper, but if, say, you can figure out roughly where they dump down new troops (perhaps by stealing intel in a different mission?), having them act on your surprise would be cool.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: June 19, 2015, 12:56:08 am »

Don't forget that this game is almost certainly going to have its own version of Second Wave modifiers, and will have mod support. I'm sure you'll be able to get your HellCom just fine. It's just a worse version of Itchy Trigger Tentacle.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: June 19, 2015, 01:15:18 am »

Could I get an overview of the major news since Sunday?
XCOM is now Ayy Qaeda.
There is no god but the Commander, and Bradford is his prophet. Vigilo Confido.
At the rate this is going, this meme is going to reach critical mass by the time the game comes out and it's going to result in some very offensive Let's Plays.

I'll be on 4chan waiting for the livestreams.
GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: June 19, 2015, 02:34:40 am »

Spoiler: The Berserker (click to show/hide)
Nuzerker looks like she's got some sea turtle genes in her.  Look at those teeth!

Also looks covered in interface plugs, so will probably get armored up later.

I wonder if xcom will be able to adopt similar cyber armor tech, without full on dismemberment.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: June 19, 2015, 03:40:47 am »

Would be interesting if enemies actually had 3 forms now instead of two.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: June 19, 2015, 03:51:04 am »

That does make me wonder about the Viper. What if the version with armor is the second form? :P
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: June 19, 2015, 04:03:39 am »

That does make me wonder about the Viper. What if the version with armor is the second form? :P
You'll have to wait a few minutes after release for that mod to come out.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: June 19, 2015, 04:10:02 am »

the fact that that thing is bleeding from its interface plugs suggests that the Etherials still dont care about the quality of life of their client species.  Just like the floaters, they're mindless slave things with shitty health benefits.

snakewomyn are an odd distinction, being that they are whole and healthy and in their thinman form are both fluent and conversant and thoughful enough to be persuasive and spout propaganda and (in nucom) topple governments from within. 

I wonder if they are a higher caste or a different allied race, or just an example of inconsistent art direction and not really thinking it all the way through.

I'm betting on the latter.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: June 19, 2015, 04:23:55 am »

Nah, the Ethereals were oddly fond of the Thin Men in EU/EW as well.  Just listen to how complimentary they are during Operation Avenger, the only negative point brought up was their lack of psi potential.  Wouldn't surprise me if the Thin Men/Vipers get special treatment.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: June 19, 2015, 04:32:22 am »

Nah, the Ethereals were oddly fond of the Thin Men in EU/EW as well.  Just listen to how complimentary they are during Operation Avenger, the only negative point brought up was their lack of psi potential.  Wouldn't surprise me if the Thin Men/Vipers get special treatment.

I'd say it is because their ability to go incognito but honestly... have you seen them? If they were real people I'd think they were about to keel over and die.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: June 19, 2015, 04:39:53 am »

You'll have to wait a few minutes after release for that mod to come out.

And then 2com goes M because some idiot decided he needed to completely model the snaekboobs before slapping armour on top of them.
Love, scriver~

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: June 19, 2015, 05:02:49 am »

And then 2com goes M because some idiot decided he needed to completely model the snaekboobs before slapping armour on top of them.

Will that be better or worse than the Swordfish style suicide vests that will be modded in?

Gawddammit rookies, put on your vests and charge!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And just think.. if they prevent reinforcement-farming by not giving XP for kills, this tactic becomes EVEN MORE useful.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: June 19, 2015, 05:23:28 am »

Or, you know, reinforcements won't be unlimited.
Love, scriver~

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: June 19, 2015, 05:31:25 am »

I think they must be, or there will be some sort of turn timer?  I thought their goal was to prevent "kill all the aliens" mission endings, and force you to evac and carry things out.  No safe battlefield looting, and all that.

Anyway, probably no-kill-xp is wishful thinking on my part.  I was always irritated that it was difficult to level guys like medics, and I tried to avoid too much suppression because it meant my gunners were not directly killing things and leveling up.

I'd always end up with high level assaults, mid level scouts and snipers, low level gunners and infantry, and rookie everything else.

Larger XP should be given to the team, maybe with some bonuses for kills and ability use.  XP being primarily kill based meant that I felt forced to use bad tactics to level up anyone who wasnt an assault or sniper.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: June 19, 2015, 07:10:33 am »

I think they may be planning on limiting ammo a bit... That or they will A) remove kill XP, B) have limited reinforcements(probably not this), or even C) have the reinforcements get worse, either in number, or worse, by bringing in more and more aliens.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 469