Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 469

Author Topic: X-Com Chimera Squad  (Read 725859 times)

Raddish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: X-Com 2: YOU CAN'T TAKE THAT THING, GET OUT NOW!
« Reply #1500 on: June 18, 2015, 01:51:14 pm »

That will depend on your definition of "work".

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1501 on: June 18, 2015, 04:11:40 pm »

That will depend on your definition of "work".
and your definition of 'launch'

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: June 18, 2015, 04:45:54 pm »

I long for a squad level turn based tactical game with some sort of persistent campaign and team progression.  even if the campaign was just a flowchart of different mission types like skirmish / attack / defend / pursue or whatever.

Or better yet, co-op.

I was bummed that nucom multiplayer was skirmish only, one shot pvp matches.  I dont expect tucom to be any different, but it would be nice...

Maybe Mordheim or possibly Shadowrun Online could scratch this itch?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: June 18, 2015, 05:07:54 pm »

Still if the alien hybrids turn out to be inherently evil... I am actually going to be kind of angry...

Given well X-com Apocalypse.

Bad enough they stripped the alien ships from all the interesting tidbits that I loved from the first game except for exactly one reference.

It was honestly one thing the original games did better is that they made the ships actually feel like interstellar ships meant to be piloted by a species. So it had food, sleeping pods, and all that.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 05:10:25 pm by Neonivek »

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: June 18, 2015, 05:21:39 pm »

I don't think the last class will be a hybrid just based in the whole "you don't know what your rookie will turn into" system. I would guess hybrids are pretty obvious.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: June 18, 2015, 05:30:04 pm »

Classes don't have to be like that. See the MEC in EW as an example. It's, for all intents and purposes, its own class. Yet your rookies don't randomly become MECs.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: June 18, 2015, 05:38:42 pm »

also the shiv / hwp could be contenders for a character type.  I doubt it though, i'm expecting another soldier specialization.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: June 18, 2015, 05:39:45 pm »

Classes don't have to be like that. See the MEC in EW as an example. It's, for all intents and purposes, its own class. Yet your rookies don't randomly become MECs.
Well, they could if you had some kind of location based wound system.  Rookie gets her limbs all blasted off, or they have to be amputated after cuddle time with snek? You are MEC now. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: June 18, 2015, 05:39:55 pm »

also the shiv / hwp could be contenders for a character type.  I doubt it though, i'm expecting another soldier specialization.

I am still hoping Androids are the extra class

Since androids are supposed to come into being around this time, but not be given full independence.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: June 18, 2015, 05:59:44 pm »

Eh. I'd rather not androids be the first class. If androids were to be implemented (don't even really like that idea) they should just be, for all intents and purposes, humans with different appearances and stats that can fill out the same classes. No need for another class.

And I've figured out what I want so badly in XCOM2. The action movie aesthetic. They did that so perfectly in XCOM1 with things like the glam-cam (though I would of liked it more like the initial trailers) and I just really hope that they do the same in XCOM2. It looks like said aesthetic will be making a return, though. Hopefully.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: June 18, 2015, 07:00:03 pm »

Eh. I'd rather not androids be the first class. If androids were to be implemented (don't even really like that idea) they should just be, for all intents and purposes, humans with different appearances and stats that can fill out the same classes. No need for another class.

And I've figured out what I want so badly in XCOM2. The action movie aesthetic. They did that so perfectly in XCOM1 with things like the glam-cam (though I would of liked it more like the initial trailers) and I just really hope that they do the same in XCOM2. It looks like said aesthetic will be making a return, though. Hopefully.

One thing that always bothered me was the misses always shoot off into the air.  I want to see misses that leave bulletholes in the cover, damn it!
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #1511 on: June 18, 2015, 07:25:32 pm »

I long for a squad level turn based tactical game with some sort of persistent campaign and team progression.  even if the campaign was just a flowchart of different mission types like skirmish / attack / defend / pursue or whatever.

Or better yet, co-op.

I was bummed that nucom multiplayer was skirmish only, one shot pvp matches.  I dont expect tucom to be any different, but it would be nice...

Maybe Mordheim or possibly Shadowrun Online could scratch this itch?

Pretty please let me know if you find anything. I think Mordheim might come the closest (haven't played), and Shadowrun Online basically seems like a straightforward linear campaign that you can play online.

Invisible, Inc is a little like that, but no MP and short campaign. Battle Brothers is also SP, and a little along the Mount&Blade vibe, though the campaign will have a little more structure. Nice persistent team-building, if you can keep them alive.

We should make a topic for stuff like this. It's a thing that needs to happen.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: June 18, 2015, 07:39:23 pm »

Frozen Synapse has a co-op mode (which might be DLC), and a competitive multiplayer mode.  But squad progression isn't there, your soldiers are all explicitly faceless disposable grunts.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: June 18, 2015, 08:06:49 pm »

I am still hoping Androids are the extra class

Since androids are supposed to come into being around this time, but not be given full independence.

... Wow, I really want this.  I guess I assumed Newcom would be too much of a reboot to include that sort of thing, but maybe if we wish *really hard* we'll get hybrids and androids.  Because, yeah, the timing would be right.

I'm still excited about this sequel but I do wish they were bringing Apocalypse back with a good interface.  Instead, even.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: June 18, 2015, 08:17:38 pm »

I'm still excited about this sequel but I do wish they were bringing Apocalypse back with a good interface.  Instead, even.

Well...Apoc was the third game. Maybe they'll do that next.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 469