Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 469

Author Topic: X-Com Chimera Squad  (Read 725884 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: X-Com 2: YOU CAN'T TAKE THAT THING, GET OUT NOW!
« Reply #1425 on: June 16, 2015, 08:54:06 pm »

ADVENT MECs. Cue ADVENT kinetic strike modules.
But what if you put kinetic strike modules on your swords instead?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: June 16, 2015, 08:59:32 pm »

ADVENT MECs. Cue ADVENT kinetic strike modules.
But what if you put kinetic strike modules on your swords instead?
Top-tier melee weapon upgrade: robotic exoskeleton with a miniaturized kinetic strike module/pile bunker mounted on the arm.

Kruniac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: June 16, 2015, 09:01:13 pm »

This thread is not for the disparagement of NewCom and reminiscence of OldCom. It is not for OpenXCom, Xenonauts, or any of the other purist projects.

I get it. OldCom is a cult classic and its most ardent supporters feel the need to bring down any Firaxis project that is not a purely graphical recreation of an OldCom game. I don't care. In only ten pages there have been two or three fights over this, and that's just bad.

This thread exists for the discussion of the new X-Com game. If you're here to talk about how much you're against NewCom and to reminisce about OldCom or the other successor projects, save it. Make your own thread. This game clearly isn't for you.
VIGILO CONFIDO, XENOS-LOVERS! ADVENT = McX-COM CONFIRMED CONFIRMED CONFIRMED CONFIRMED

You naysayers said Bioshock, you said Syndicate, you said new IP, but you were wrong! Dead Wrong. Are you ready to commit interstellar hate crimes against all other forms of intelligent life? You wouldn't be here otherwise!

There is NO information, there is NO hope, but there is X-Com, and that's all you really need, baby!

The old thread is dead, long live the thread!

Looks mediocre. I saw someone pull out a sword and look like an action RPG star and was immediately turned off.

Also, why are you shooting security/government personnel? Renegade hero cliche much?

Pass, much like the first game. I still don't see why they can't just fucking remake apocalypse with a beast graphics engine.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: June 16, 2015, 09:11:02 pm »

I way prefer this over an Apocalypse remake. Apocalypse was a rather mediocre game in my opinion.

Looks mediocre. I saw someone pull out a sword and look like an action RPG star and was immediately turned off.
To each their own, I guess.

Also, why are you shooting security/government personnel? Renegade hero cliche much?
This was covered. Extremely so. And it's nothing like "Renegade hero cliché".
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: June 16, 2015, 09:13:10 pm »

Pass, much like the first game. I still don't see why they can't just fucking remake apocalypse with a beast graphics engine.
For the same reason that the French Resistance fired at the lawful German occupiers, I imagine.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: June 16, 2015, 09:14:58 pm »

And some degree of xenophobia.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: June 16, 2015, 09:20:26 pm »

And some degree of xenophobia.
Yeah, French Resistance.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: June 16, 2015, 09:31:26 pm »

Because said security/government personnel are working for the aliens that massacred civilians and abducted them for horrific experiments, and now that the aliens are in control that likely means said security/government personnel help do so, albeit with less massacre. Even if these are just average Joes just trying to keep the peace, you can't overthrow the bad guys without hurting a few good guys working for them.

Unless arc throwers are back.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: June 16, 2015, 09:42:22 pm »

We'll probably be back to cattleprods stun batons like X-COM: UFO Defense. :P

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: June 16, 2015, 09:48:32 pm »

We'll probably be back to cattleprods stun batons like X-COM: UFO Defense. :P
Heh, I do hope they do that.

@Aedel
I was hoping for Apocalypse's faction system.  But this rebel thing seems cool too.  Makes more sense than TFTD did, at least...
(I hope there'll be an OpenXCOM mod for TFTD where you have unlimited heavy plasma and blaster bombs for overwater battles)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: June 16, 2015, 10:40:47 pm »

Yeah, there's nothing in nuCOM quite like that feeling you got sending in the rookies dual-wielding the pistol/cattleprod combo as stormtroopers. Sort of a mix of evil overlord satisfied cruelty and outright elation when they actually stunned something and survived.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: June 16, 2015, 11:32:11 pm »

It would be nice if you could capture ADVENT troopers and brainwash convinced them to join XCOM.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: June 17, 2015, 12:07:45 am »

LiberalXCOM Crime Squad: The aliuming.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: June 17, 2015, 03:52:03 am »

LiberalXCOM Crime Squad: The aliuming.
Does that mean we get to try out pick up lines on Sneks?
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: June 17, 2015, 03:53:37 am »

Suddenly.

Babby snaks.

Thousands of them.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 469