Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 469

Author Topic: X-Com Chimera Squad  (Read 725896 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: X-Com 2: YOU CAN'T TAKE THAT THING, GET OUT NOW!
« Reply #1410 on: June 15, 2015, 08:50:26 pm »

Now...the only question I have, the whole thing of the enemies get dropped into the area and immediately get to take a full turn will be a standard thing or something just for the demo?
edit: or maybe its something for the harder difficulties ;D

Nah, they mention that in the interview. That was just for the demo, they won't get to do that as a normal thing in the game.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: June 15, 2015, 08:51:13 pm »

Man, watching all that, while cool, just made me realize how much I enjoy the tense "Don't know where the aliens are" game play of XCOM. Sneaking around to position on clueless enemies is a different thing entirely, and cool....but all this is making me wish for more defend Earth XCOM though :(
If it makes you feel better, he did say while discussing how it's not a stealth game that sneaking on through is going to be much trickier once full fog of war is implemented in the build.  I'd imagine that will give us the whole "don't know where the aliens are" angle.  I do wonder why ADVENT went for helmets that are apparently so vision-restrictive that they can't even see as far as they can run, though. :P

Also, why are people saying female Berserkers?  I mean, they don't have external nads (I had to go back to check), but the physique looked more of that Marvel triangular thing. 

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: June 15, 2015, 08:52:30 pm »

The guy in the interview called the Berserker 'she', although that might not mean anything.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: June 15, 2015, 08:52:37 pm »

In addition, the animations are both almost certainly sped up and clearly unfinished, so no need to be concerned about that either.
Also, why are people saying female Berserkers?  I mean, they don't have external nads (I had to go back to check), but the physique looked more of that Marvel triangular thing. 
Was called a "she" by the dev. It could just be a turn of phrase, but the box is open now.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: June 15, 2015, 08:53:46 pm »

Ah, I did miss that. 

Plottwist: All the aliens are female.  Even the cyberdiscs and drones.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: June 15, 2015, 08:54:39 pm »

Man, watching all that, while cool, just made me realize how much I enjoy the tense "Don't know where the aliens are" game play of XCOM. Sneaking around to position on clueless enemies is a different thing entirely, and cool....but all this is making me wish for more defend Earth XCOM though :(
If it makes you feel better, he did say while discussing how it's not a stealth game that sneaking on through is going to be much trickier once full fog of war is implemented in the build.  I'd imagine that will give us the whole "don't know where the aliens are" angle.  I do wonder why ADVENT went for helmets that are apparently so vision-restrictive that they can't even see as far as they can run, though. :P

Yeah but it's more than just that. It's the atmopshere, the music, the creepy silences. The dramatic shift from quiet terse commands to guns blazing. I still have more XOM yet to play, but I'd totally be open to 'XCOM 1, all over again' from Firaxis. The visibility system in XCOM is wonky and it'd be nice if they could take another crack at it, and at saving Earth.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: June 15, 2015, 08:55:25 pm »

Seems that ADVENT aren't humans after all. They bleed alien blood.

I'm assuming that ADVENT soldiers are the leftover thin men. No more council missions, thin men needed new jobs. Why not cops?
GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: June 15, 2015, 08:55:54 pm »

I still have more XOM yet to play
No no, Xom plays with you.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: June 15, 2015, 08:56:39 pm »

I'm assuming that ADVENT soldiers are the leftover thin men. No more council missions, thin men needed new jobs. Why not cops?

The easier answer would be they're just heavily gene modified.

I still have more XOM yet to play
No no, Xom plays with you.

I'm going to leave it.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: June 15, 2015, 08:57:28 pm »

I would guess hybrids leaning towards the human side or the results of experimentation rather than thin men. Gene mods, etc.

I wonder if there'll be female ADVENT soldiers.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: June 15, 2015, 08:58:41 pm »

The easier answer would be they're just heavily gene modified.
I'm banking on this, as the devs have repeatedly stated that ADVENT are humans. Their blood color also happens to be a decent intersection between MELD sunshine orange, filthy xenos fluorescent green, and holy human crimson.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: June 15, 2015, 09:39:06 pm »

Gotta say, of all the things, I'm most excited about cascading overwatch. No more burning 6 overwatch shots on one alien that's killed four times over!

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #1422 on: June 15, 2015, 10:16:56 pm »

Gotta say, of all the things, I'm most excited about cascading overwatch. No more burning 6 overwatch shots on one alien that's killed four times over!
And the bullets actually hit the enemies. Thank God they have functioning animations this time. My sniper not moving while projectiles originated from him and killed a hostile was the most ANNOYING thing in the world.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: June 16, 2015, 08:41:40 pm »

ADVENT MECs. Cue ADVENT kinetic strike modules.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: June 16, 2015, 08:52:51 pm »

Also, it's official now, X-COM is Ayy-Quaeda.
They LITERALLY gave a demo presentation of X-Com suicide bombing a monument during a mass celebration. The fucking bomb was the shape of the X-Com sigil. Even the presenter had to nervously chuckle about how you're the "good invaders".
Their blood color also happens to be a decent intersection between MELD sunshine orange, filthy xenos fluorescent green, and holy human crimson.
Only the true Sons of Adam are fit to grace Gaia's Breast. All others are beasts and filth to be cleansed under the holy gaze of Artemis.

-Berzerkers are female and naked, prepare for R34 storm
Welp. Now we know why ADVENT troopers are male.

What kind of philistine doesn't enjoy Robocopping people?

That said, yes, proper ambush chains will be amusing.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 469