Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 469

Author Topic: X-Com Chimera Squad  (Read 726024 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: X-Com 2: REMOVE AYY
« Reply #1275 on: June 12, 2015, 12:20:17 pm »

At this point I'm pretty sure Chryssalids are just going to spontaneously burst out of your highest-ranking soldier while laughing about how it was them all along.
Non-lethal Chryssalid attacks should have something like a 0.1% chance to impart a dormant larva.

Otherwise, they should take a page from TFTD and give the Chryssalids wings, stealth mode, and run & gun.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Henny

• Bay Watcher
  • Save All 300 Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: June 12, 2015, 12:35:29 pm »

Psi Reanimate... looks like our dear pectoid has gotten hold of a necromancer's tome!

Ah, they still have their wrist-mounted plasma pistol. The trailer got me worried.
Grey langurs came over to steal something, only to be overcome by terror when they realized that they were stealing +grey langur bone gauntlets+.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: June 12, 2015, 12:50:22 pm »

Nectoids confirmed for fucking your shit, rookie.
Sectoid necromancer lords
Mortal Kombat thin men grappler snaek tits

At this point I'm pretty sure Chryssalids are just going to spontaneously burst out of your highest-ranking soldier while laughing about how it was them all along.
And, of course, screaming WRYYYYYY.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: June 12, 2015, 02:13:52 pm »

I'm modding in 'Surprise, muthafucka' for every time Chrysalids appear.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: June 12, 2015, 02:56:19 pm »

Seeing how much Sectoids and Thin Men got buffed... I really, REALLY don't want to know what happened to Chrysalids. Oh please.. don't give use a Chrysalid Queen to fight...
And let's not even go into what Ethereals will be able to do with just their thoughts.
But at least we're PROBABLY not going to face terror attacks. Hopefully, the aliens can't attack civvies just to force us to be careful or also work on saving people. Though it's probably going to be there. Oh god, this is gonna suck. But it will be awesome.

In other news: Snake Women have visible hips probably because they are able to transform into a humanoid shape. Not entirely sure about the tits. Probably that's also because they can be humanoid.
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: June 12, 2015, 02:59:16 pm »

3. Run Resize Enable

Henny

• Bay Watcher
  • Save All 300 Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: June 12, 2015, 03:00:17 pm »

Grey langurs came over to steal something, only to be overcome by terror when they realized that they were stealing +grey langur bone gauntlets+.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: June 12, 2015, 03:01:44 pm »

Seeing how much Sectoids and Thin Men got buffed... I really, REALLY don't want to know what happened to Chrysalids. Oh please.. don't give use a Chrysalid Queen to fight...
No queens.  Instead, all Chryssalids gain Bull Rush and the ability to sense delicious soft-skins through walls. 

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: June 12, 2015, 03:04:28 pm »

In case it wasn't confirmed before, they did say that the sectoids have received human DNA.  Probably the rest too (I don't remember what they said exactly).

I'm kinda worried about what frontline Ethereals will look like with human DNA.  Propoganda Ethereal looks about the same, though robes... 
Mutons might be creepy too but I bet they just look like bodybuilders.  Crysallids might be Thing-like body horror.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: June 12, 2015, 03:06:11 pm »

Calling it, final boss is the first human/ethereal hybrid.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: June 12, 2015, 03:07:37 pm »

But then why were Thin Men so thin?
Unnaturally thin is noticable in a subtle way and plays well with their snakelike flexibility. Unnaturally fat would be hard to pull off - after all, there's only so thin a human may go before they die, but uberfat people living - at least for a while - is a thing.

Not unnaturally anything would be a bad artistic choice.

In case it wasn't confirmed before, they did say that the sectoids have received human DNA.  Probably the rest too (I don't remember what they said exactly).

I'm kinda worried about what frontline Ethereals will look like with human DNA.  Propoganda Ethereal looks about the same, though robes... 
Mutons might be creepy too but I bet they just look like bodybuilders.  Crysallids might be Thing-like body horror.
I think there's a flash of an Ethereal's face in the Gollop Chamber cinematic, looking kinda humanoid except ultra-elderly and with leathery dark skin (think mummy, not African).
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: June 12, 2015, 03:08:51 pm »

AKA this timeline's Volunteer :o

@scrdest
And then it turned out that this does involve dimensional travel and this alternate timeline was planned from the start  :o :o
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: June 12, 2015, 03:10:41 pm »

Which we can call an Uber Ethereal that is in its prime! Now THAT might be scary. Psionics definitely got a buff in this game and the Uber Ethereal already had Rift and stuff. Now add to that that it's probably got a perfect body as well...
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: June 12, 2015, 03:12:56 pm »

Is today Literal Day or something and I missed the announcement?

3. Run Resize Enable

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: June 12, 2015, 03:18:13 pm »

I don't think we'll see Chrysallids. They're mindless killers, useful in an invasion, not so much for day to day occupation.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 469