Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 469

Author Topic: X-Com Chimera Squad  (Read 726072 times)

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
Re: X-Com 2: REMOVE AYY
« Reply #1125 on: June 10, 2015, 05:05:17 pm »

Oh wow. I seriously don't get this outrage. The breasts are rather unnoticeable. I didn't even notice until I first saw the petty outrage.

Seriously. Why do you all care so much about one minuscule thing? It's obviously a (perhaps poor depending on how you look at it) diversity attempt. It feels like the people complaining about sexism and the like are trying to see it that way.

Also I think it was mentioned earlier, but I believe first gameplay footage is this monday.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: June 10, 2015, 05:05:40 pm »

June 16-18 (so in a week or so)

Snakeboobs: After years of repression and forced vat cloning, they just wanted to express themselves. Be who they really were inside. Not snakeMen with long sinuous prehensile "tails", but a softer, more feminine form of psychotic alien murder machine. It's who they really were all along, just waiting to get out.

So they all decided to become transgender. All of them. It's a cultural thing.

They're now fighting for their rights to marry and/or eat more people randomly until they can.

Don't you feel weird about looking at snakemanboobs now?

(hopefully this ends the discussion)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 05:09:29 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: June 10, 2015, 05:10:16 pm »

What's weird about TG alien snakeboobs?  Seems legit.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: June 10, 2015, 05:14:27 pm »

They would have looked a lot weirder if they'd been masculinized, so I for one actually don't mind the look.

And the conversation on this thread would have sunk far, far lower......
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 05:17:13 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: June 10, 2015, 05:17:20 pm »

Yeah, snakedicks would have been even funnier. Bet people wouldn't have been getting offended when they were made fun of, though.

e: Judging by how they're spacing these class-specific videos, I'm expecting little tidbits on the run-up to E3, then a good vertical slice (maybe even a decently long segment of combat) at it.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 05:19:02 pm by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: June 10, 2015, 05:21:37 pm »

They would have looked a lot weirder if they'd been masculinized, so I for one actually don't mind the look.

Dunno.  Looks true enough to the original, and still pretty buff.

I wonder if they'll retain the thin man's jumping ability?  I'm having a hard time imagining how they'd animate that.  Springing up from a coil?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: June 10, 2015, 05:24:42 pm »

I always thought it'd be terrifying and awesome if they'd brought the snakemen back in EW as squadsight snipers for the aliens.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: June 10, 2015, 05:27:42 pm »

Fun fact, the snake"man" (the one in that picture on the bottom right) was actually a snake-woman filled with eggs, which in the original plan we're supposed to hatch during the mission. You think Chrysalids we're bad? At least they needed a host to grow in, these didn't. Their only grace was that (unlike old Chrissie) they were born without weapons.  (There's still mention of this in the autopsy, though the feature itself was removed in the final version).
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 05:32:02 pm by a1s »
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: June 10, 2015, 05:30:07 pm »

Dunno.  Looks true enough to the original, and still pretty buff.

I wonder if they'll retain the thin man's jumping ability?  I'm having a hard time imagining how they'd animate that.  Springing up from a coil?

Not sure why they'd need it (thinmen are already in the game aren't they?)

But from the looks of it, they're about 5-7 metres long, easily long enough to climb up 1-2 stories at a time assuming they've got the whole "my entire body is essentially muscle wrapped around a tiny skeleton" thing that real world snakes have. Snakes don't have a problem getting onto my verandah at home, and they're only 2 metres long and don't have arms. So snakemen don't exactly have to pogo tail up, they move pretty quickly anyway. It'd be an easy climb for one.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 05:35:01 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: June 10, 2015, 05:37:00 pm »

No, that's just it.  Viperladies (THEIR word) are thinmen out of their human suits.

Its why the skinnies had slit eyes and poison spit.  Question remains, how will the snakes jump?  Some real snakes can, but lordy it looks funny.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: June 10, 2015, 05:43:25 pm »

No, that's just it.  Viperladies (THEIR word) are thinmen out of their human suits.

Its why the skinnies had slit eyes and poison spit.  Question remains, how will the snakes jump?  Some real snakes can, but lordy it looks funny.

Thinmen probably had the whole "lots of muscle per unit of weight" thing that snakes have. Get rid of the annoyingly breakable legs, add 10x more muscle and a 5-6 metre vertical launch platform (the tail) to what thinmen had. It'd be harder to see how they couldn't get up 1-2 stories then how they could.
It's a game. Have fun.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: June 10, 2015, 05:46:30 pm »

I mean how will they animate it?

Robosaur

• Bay Watcher
  • [POOP:INORGANIC: NUCLEAR_BOMBS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: June 10, 2015, 05:51:18 pm »

one word: *boing*
You are a terrible person and the sad truth is deep down you know it.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: June 10, 2015, 05:53:57 pm »

It will look exactly like it does in Nibbles. For us retro gamers. They're covering all bases with their TG Retro Vipermenladies. It probably won't be mentioned, but they also all drive Prius's, to appeal to the green crowd as well.

The numbers are people, people! Nibbles was just Viperlady Simulator 0.5 all along.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 06:06:55 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: June 10, 2015, 06:31:16 pm »

one word: *boing*
Imagine a slinky, except in reverse and going straight up.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 469