Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 469

Author Topic: X-Com Chimera Squad  (Read 724032 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: X-Com 2: Enemy Known
« Reply #765 on: June 06, 2015, 06:00:41 am »

The original snakemen reproduced asexually, and were implied to have been genetically modified to that end. So for all intents and purposes the snakemen in nuCom 2: Alien Boogaloo have boobs because somebody was turned on by it or thought it would boost sales/generate publicity.
Ooooor the artist took some liberty?
To put mammary glands on a genemodded reptilian alien soldier-caste.

To put it in perspective, what they did to Floaters was an example of good artistic liberty at work (though they'd have been hard-pressed to make them look any sillier than they originally were even if they tried).

Give one good reason for slapping boobs onto a functionally asexual alien vat-bred snake soldier, from a Doylist or Watsonian perspective. Would anyone be defending it as artistic license if Mutons had two-foot codpieces on their armor? If X-Com armor for female operators had had literal breastplates? Or, for that matter, if Thin Men sounded like Agent Smith?

I don't really feel that designing vipers with breasts is the same as giving female soldiers for example boobplates or stomach gaps. I don't really get the feeling those breasts were added to be sexy.

Edit:
I was actually surprised at how non-sexualized the female xcom soldiers were.  They're not showing skin anywhere, dont have crazy boob-armor, or any of the usual tropes.
http://forums.2k.com/showthread.php?396916-That-s-something-I-never-noticed-before

Something I stumbled onto a while ago when looking up images for power armour.

That is a great link. I didn't get Xcom until Enemy Within, so I never knew they had changed anything. I'm glad they did, the new designs look much better and tougher.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 06:03:58 am by scriver »
Love, scriver~

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: June 06, 2015, 06:03:13 am »

I wouldn't be surprised if they lost the breasts come the actual game, given this WIDESPREAD MORAL OUTRAGE. Maybe we can find the artist responsible and demand answers.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: June 06, 2015, 06:16:26 am »

I wouldn't be surprised if they lost the breasts come the actual game, given this WIDESPREAD MORAL OUTRAGE. Maybe we can find the artist responsible and demand answers.

The best part is... if they DO do that... then the "Widespread moral outrage" will shift the other way as well.

I don't think anyone truly cares (other then IronyOwl) though... but I wonder if Firaxis can tell the difference between joking and trolling and genuine concern.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: June 06, 2015, 06:19:36 am »

I wonder what new stuff will show up on this list with the new game...
Things like this.
These are amazing. And here I was thinking XCOM was vaguely respectable!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: June 06, 2015, 06:26:39 am »

I was actually surprised at how non-sexualized the female xcom soldiers were.  They're not showing skin anywhere, dont have crazy boob-armor, or any of the usual tropes.
http://forums.2k.com/showthread.php?396916-That-s-something-I-never-noticed-before

Something I stumbled onto a while ago when looking up images for power armour.
Scrolls down......
Looks at image of female soldiers in US combat armour....
Oh Hi Brienne of Tarth I see you hiding back there. ....... behind the hottie.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: June 06, 2015, 06:38:16 am »

Things like this.

Honestly, this is all going into my headcanon. Which makes it difficult to believe XCOM ever succeeds in any playthrough.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: June 06, 2015, 06:45:20 am »

Things like this.

Honestly, this is all going into my headcanon. Which makes it difficult to believe XCOM ever succeeds in any playthrough.

They are fighting with inferior weaponry against psychic aliens who can literally rip into their minds. I think a certain degree of insanity is a requirement for the job.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: June 06, 2015, 08:24:09 am »

Things like this.
I can't help but quote just one...
13- We have no official reports of the ADVENT being in some way connected to EXALT. Please stop spreading misinformation.

13a. No, the ADVENT are not related to the Brotherhood of Nod either.

13b. Nor Cerberus.

13c. The ADVENT are also not related to: The Lost Legion, USSR, the Enclave, Dahl, the Cybran, 50 Blessings, XCOM (Just no.), the Reapers, Major League Gaming, the Scrin, space pirates, Electronic Arts, the Nazis, or ISIS.

15- The Avenger is not the alien Temple Ship repurposed.

15a. The Commander is not the "Uber-Commander".

15b. The aliens don't need a Volunteer to communicate with the "Uber-Commander."
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: June 06, 2015, 08:35:36 am »

This is just an idea

but what if

we make the titan armour heavier

and get Space Marine armour?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: June 06, 2015, 11:05:12 am »

This is just an idea

but what if

Purge the Xenos scum!
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: June 06, 2015, 11:09:01 am »

I'm not saying that I want to play X-Com as anti-alien ISIS, I'm saying that's what I'm going to do. Humanity First!
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: June 06, 2015, 11:40:20 am »

X: "To the entirety of Strike-1: no, you may not build a giant Terrarium to keep the captured viper as a pet. Whilst they are the enemy, the vipers remain a sentient species, and keeping them imprisoned in a cage and treating them like a pet is probably a war crime."
Xa: "Just because your poll said it would be popular doesn't make it any more okay."
Xb: "Even if the snake lady agrees to it."
Xc: "Even if she promises to dance for entertainment."
Xd: "The Commander has issued a new rule that the Terrarium may be built, so long as it is built in his office."

On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: June 06, 2015, 11:45:57 am »

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: June 06, 2015, 12:33:01 pm »

This is just an idea

but what if

Purge the Xenos scum!
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: June 06, 2015, 02:09:17 pm »

Things like this.
I've died seven times already
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 469