Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 469

Author Topic: X-Com Chimera Squad  (Read 724091 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: X-Com 2: Enemy Known
« Reply #720 on: June 05, 2015, 04:22:04 pm »

And what was the EXACT refund policy?
Am I the only one to wonder if the alien-sympathizing paramilitary did refunds now on the first glance?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: June 05, 2015, 04:35:43 pm »

And what was the EXACT refund policy?
Am I the only one to wonder if the alien-sympathizing paramilitary did refunds now on the first glance?

Nope
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: June 05, 2015, 04:44:51 pm »

Exalt pls
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: June 05, 2015, 04:56:05 pm »

I just kind of realized... X-com 2 has the only morphologically female unit in the entire series.

And people complain :P

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: June 05, 2015, 05:10:44 pm »

People complained about Argonians going from no breasts in Morrowind to having breasts in the later games as well. Now, of course, if you search for something like "elder scrolls argonians breasts", you can find people confusedly asking why they have breasts without being aware that they didn't in Morrowind (because they've never played it).
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: June 05, 2015, 05:24:31 pm »

It is possible the Snake women are the females and the Thinmen were made from the males.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: June 05, 2015, 05:30:22 pm »

X-com 2
The title of this thread is very misleading. The actual name of the game is XCOM 2. No dashes or lowercase. /nitpicking
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: June 05, 2015, 05:34:41 pm »

I'd swear I'd read that exact post already, even though I skipped reading 3/4 of the thread.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: June 05, 2015, 05:37:21 pm »

I'd swear I'd read that exact post already, even though I skipped reading 3/4 of the thread.
There was one last page or so, and on the first page too.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: June 05, 2015, 05:42:47 pm »

We should start a counter.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: June 05, 2015, 05:50:51 pm »

It is possible the Snake women are the females and the Thinmen were made from the males.
Maybe the Vipers (apparent official name) are actually males. Who knows, they're aliens.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: June 05, 2015, 06:24:24 pm »

The original snakemen reproduced asexually, and were implied to have been genetically modified to that end. So for all intents and purposes the snakemen in nuCom 2: Alien Boogaloo have boobs because somebody was turned on by it or thought it would boost sales/generate publicity.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: June 05, 2015, 06:29:26 pm »

Uh...

Are you implying that they added breasts to the viper to give the game sex appeal? Are you seriously saying that they intentionally did it so more people would buy it? For the snake-breasts?

Come on. It's pretty obvious that they did it to make it clear that the viper was feminine, which is what they designed the viper as - feminine. Last time I checked, there aren't that many snakewomen-fetishists, and that there are better ways to increase sex appeal.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: June 05, 2015, 06:30:26 pm »

The original snakemen reproduced asexually, and were implied to have been genetically modified to that end. So for all intents and purposes the snakemen in nuCom 2: Alien Boogaloo have boobs because somebody was turned on by it or thought it would boost sales/generate publicity.
ÜberEthereal orders you to admire the Vipers. Or else. I am aware you were probably not talking in-universe, but it seemed like a good opportunity to write that.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Henny

• Bay Watcher
  • Save All 300 Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: June 05, 2015, 06:37:13 pm »

Uh...

Are you implying that they added breasts to the viper to give the game sex appeal? Are you seriously saying that they intentionally did it so more people would buy it? For the snake-breasts?

Come on. It's pretty obvious that they did it to make it clear that the viper was feminine, which is what they designed the viper as - feminine. Last time I checked, there aren't that many snakewomen-fetishists, and that there are better ways to increase sex appeal.
Yeah, I didn't even notice they had breasts until they pointed it out, and my initial reaction was that it was nice the alien roster is more diverse this time around.
Grey langurs came over to steal something, only to be overcome by terror when they realized that they were stealing +grey langur bone gauntlets+.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 469