Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 469

Author Topic: X-Com Chimera Squad  (Read 724211 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: X-Com 2: Enemy Known
« Reply #675 on: June 04, 2015, 03:22:41 pm »

I don't know, psychic, heavy, Zhang was pretty damn badass.

Okay, fair enough, Zhang was cool, but he doesn't count. He's got his own DLC. On the other hand, so did the French psychics, and they were pretty boring.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: June 04, 2015, 03:23:21 pm »

zhang for best
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: June 04, 2015, 03:24:20 pm »

Pretty sure the volunteer (if they do an alternate reality jump or something) will be Annette.  Apparently part of the purpose of Operation Progeny was to give XCOM some guaranteed psi soldiers.  Which seems odd, since the gift is hardly rare... but still.  There was even going to be an achievement for using her as the volunteer, though looks like it got scrapped.
Actually, it might be the Argentinean soldier from EU's tutorial, since he was guaranteed to be the same always. Which would bring me no end of patriotic despair.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: June 04, 2015, 03:25:18 pm »

...but he was the worst ;~;
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: June 04, 2015, 03:39:18 pm »

Fuck that. My volunteer will always be Combo, the pink dude from China.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'll remember you forever.  :'(

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: June 04, 2015, 03:39:57 pm »

That's a pretty badass picture.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: June 04, 2015, 03:53:29 pm »

That's a pretty badass picture.
Thanks.

He's from the first time I beat the game (ironman classic). I was so hyped to be actually winning after failing so many times before that I took so many screenshots of the victory lap.

So the real reason why I remember him is that he keeps staring at me from the Steam library page. Like this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: June 04, 2015, 03:59:55 pm »

I havn't played enemy within... I feel like I should before the next x-com should come out.  Or not.  I don't know, I missed the sale so...
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: June 04, 2015, 04:00:41 pm »

It's worth it.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #684 on: June 04, 2015, 04:04:43 pm »

I havn't played enemy within... I feel like I should before the next x-com should come out.  Or not.  I don't know, I missed the sale so...

Summer sale should be coming up fairly shortly and it's usually had a decent discount.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: June 04, 2015, 05:13:33 pm »

The original XCOM had a bug that resulted in difficulty being reset to beginner past the first level. Such a thing would never work now.

This makes it especially amusing that XCOM:EU named the difficulty level after normal "classic".
Fun fact: The X-Com '94 difficulty glitch is the reason for X-Com's reputation as a hardcore difficult game series. Lots of people playing on Superhuman and such were actually playing on Beginner and didn't know it, and so complain that the game was good but too easy. And so when MicroProse made TFTD they responded "fine bitches, we'll just make UFO Defense Superhuman equal to TFTD Beginner if it's such a walk for you". Of course, almost nobody had actually played a level other than Beginner at this point, unbeknownst to them. And so it was that the X-Com playerbase engaged in glorious suffering.

By the time Apoc was developed the reputation had stuck, and here we are.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 05:16:16 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: June 04, 2015, 05:18:28 pm »

Oh crab men i remember thee. You arrived in a terror mission back when all i had was Gauss and pulsars.
I dumped 8 pulsars on one of you grabed the corpse and ran s far as i could. And once i got back to base i learned that armored freak was only unconscious.

And then you had multiphase missions deep underwater that were dark no matter what.

So yeah hardcore from the ball to the wall.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: June 04, 2015, 05:29:56 pm »

TFTD did add a lot of cool things. Multistage missions, mixed crews (!).

That said, the larger maps and shipping route terror missions in particular seemed to lead to a lot of searching for the last alien that had wedged itself in some nook and refused to come out.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: June 04, 2015, 05:36:26 pm »

I liked TFTD, but for some reason the art style really grated on my nerves, I think it had a lot to do with color palette.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: June 04, 2015, 05:39:47 pm »

It had a very grimy sort of aesthetic compared to UFO Defence's shiny ray-gun (apparently anime inspired) look. Quite a change considering it was set in the future of UFO Defence.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 469