Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 469

Author Topic: X-Com Chimera Squad  (Read 724400 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: X-Com 2: Enemy Known
« Reply #525 on: June 03, 2015, 10:59:19 am »

I'm kind of disappointed for some reason. I'll keep an eye open nonetheless
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: June 03, 2015, 11:19:04 am »

I would be very disappointed if Frank Miller made the opening quote.
Love, scriver~

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: June 03, 2015, 11:21:50 am »

I have a question. We heard the 'WELCOME BACK, COMMANDER' thing in the same voice as the Council bloke.

Who the fuck was talking to us?
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: June 03, 2015, 11:23:27 am »

We're in charge of the human supremacist retirement home? Everyone who was middle aged in XCOM is going to be outright old by now, but that's not to say they're incapable of helping.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: June 03, 2015, 11:24:17 am »

We're rogue, though. Why would the council help us-Or even exist anymore?
also vahleen pls still be alive, best person
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: June 03, 2015, 11:29:14 am »

The council chairman is a person, and as such is able to act independently of his wider group. And also probably has a big thing against aliens, since he was privy to the whole details of what was going on during XCOM's time, so knows more than world leaders do. And should XCOM be failing in EU/EW he doesn't give up until he gets mind controlled into it.
I wouldn't be surprised if he was trying to help the resistance in any way he can.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: June 03, 2015, 11:30:37 am »

The governments of Earth surrendered, but the Council may still be active in the shadows. For example, Britain was riddled with secret bunkers to be staffed by Home Guard resistance fighters even if Britain was conquered and surrendered to the Nazis.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: June 03, 2015, 11:49:39 am »

What's this thing with Bradford and dashing?

A quote by Kagus back when EU was new, that I have saved in my quote file.

Bradbert:"Gentlemen, we're heading into a very dangerous mission with lots of unknown factors.  I want you to exercise extreme caution at all times."

Moi:"Roger that, command"

Bradbert:"Now, use up all your movement by dashing madly ahead with everybody, and make sure to cluster around explosive objects with lots of flanks"

Yours Truly:"...Uh, sir, I think-"

Bradbert:"DASH!  DASH!  I MUST SEE THE DASHING, I LOVE DASHING!  SO HAPPY AND FREE!"

Still Me:"Fine, yes sir, right away."

Brad:"Now, I want you to jump through that window into the unexplored dark building with no support, and make sure to dash while you're at it so you can't fire any shots."

XCOM Commander:"Sir?  Shouldn't we-"

Rad Brad:"JUMP THROUGH THE WINDOW.  I MUST SEE IT SHATTER, I LOVE IT WHEN IT SHATTERS!"

Yo Supremo:"Yes sir."

Bradminton:"Okay, see that obviously unstable man with the shotgun and grenade?  Send someone right in front of him to talk things over."

Kagus-with-a-fancy-hat:"What?  Sir, that's just stupid.  We haven't cleared the building, we have no idea what's going on here, and that man is clearly not in his right mind.  We should-"

A Brad Enough Dude:"THAT BOMB LOOKS INCREDIBLY DELICIOUS, YOU MUST SECURE IT AT ALL COSTS."

Me:"Fuck you, sir."

Kagus - bay12
Lol.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: June 03, 2015, 11:53:29 am »

I've always thought the council rep uses a (subtle) voice changer.  That could be ANYONE who says "welcome back commander".
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: June 03, 2015, 11:55:00 am »

I have a question. We heard the 'WELCOME BACK, COMMANDER' thing in the same voice as the Council bloke.

I always thought it was Optimus Prime.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: June 03, 2015, 11:57:10 am »

Actually, yeah, I'm almost certain that was Peter Cullen.  That's pretty cool actually, I'd love it if they have some great voice actors, and more parts for them this time around.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: June 03, 2015, 12:00:04 pm »

I always thought it was Optimus Prime.
Maybe it's just me, but the voice sounded slightly different from EW. Maybe it's because he's supposed to be 20 years older.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: June 03, 2015, 12:31:50 pm »

I'd find it harder to accept if it was the same. I thought XCOM went underground. How does an inter/supranational council stay hidden when the governments who were supporting them turn to the enemy? Surely they'd be the first to get targeted by the aliens. Or the first ones to turn to the aliens.

And the same guy keeping contact = being leader after a project like XCOM fails and (in the eyes of the masses) goes rogue?

Though I admit, hearing him say "Welcome back, Commander" is awesome, but I don't see plotwise why the council exists, keeps contact, is not on the enemy side, why it's still headed/represented by the same guy, etc.

In connection with what Teneb said, it did sound somehow older, a bit less 'fluid', so-to-speak.
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: June 03, 2015, 12:33:57 pm »

I'd find it harder to accept if it was the same. I thought XCOM went underground. How does an inter/supranational council stay hidden when the governments who were supporting them turn to the enemy? Surely they'd be the first to get targeted by the aliens. Or the first ones to turn to the aliens.

And the same guy keeping contact = being leader after a project like XCOM fails and (in the eyes of the masses) goes rogue?

Though I admit, hearing him say "Welcome back, Commander" is awesome, but I don't see plotwise why the council exists, keeps contact, is not on the enemy side, why it's still headed/represented by the same guy, etc.

In connection with what Teneb said, it did sound somehow older, a bit less 'fluid', so-to-speak.
Maybe the Faceless Bald Councilor severed ties with the council when XCOM went rogue? Could work, probably. Either that or Bradford is really good at imitating the guy.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: June 03, 2015, 12:35:05 pm »

Maybe the first mission is one of your squads getting ambushed and the council guy taunts you over the radio as the aliens move in?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 469