Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 469

Author Topic: X-Com Chimera Squad  (Read 724626 times)

Henny

• Bay Watcher
  • Save All 300 Elves
    • View Profile
Re: X-Com 2: HYPE WITHIN
« Reply #315 on: June 01, 2015, 02:31:53 pm »

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGIBE
GIBEGLIBE
GIBBITY GOO GAH
gibe.
No but really this is already promising and WAITWAITWAIT
Spoiler: THAT'S A FUCKING SWORD (click to show/hide)
*Man-Sectoid tries to surrender/defect*

*cut down*

One is forced to wonder how they pay for and maintain something like that ship in a world where human government now serves the enemy.

Funding from sympathizers within the world government? Dummy corporations (if corporations still exist) and fronts to bring in money? Through selling advanced tech on the black market? I'm sure they'll figure something out.

Bake sales, GoFundMe, Paetron pages...
...yard sales...
Selling Alien Entertainment...
Grey langurs came over to steal something, only to be overcome by terror when they realized that they were stealing +grey langur bone gauntlets+.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: June 01, 2015, 02:36:21 pm »

So, if we're luckyfuckies, we'll get the mechs and psionics from EW...And I have a sneaking suspicion those Swordguys are a new class, so we may have X-COM Ninjas.
I am so fucking ready.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: June 01, 2015, 02:38:54 pm »

So, further speculation: that snakeman totally has breasts.  Or like, REALLY defined pectoral muscles.  If its true I think that's great, coding something that would normally be male/neutral as female, but... there is the small quibble that RL reptiles don't have breasts.  So looks like genetics and modifications thereof are going to be even more cartoonish in this game.  I don't mind, I'm sure plenty of people on the internet will.

Anyway, this might mean that the snakemen are all female clones, considering that most game devs will give each alien race only a single model to save on budget.  Or it might mean that these aliens reproduce sexually, which would mean that they're a totally new type of alien as the previous game's aliens were a clone race.  Possibly excepting ethereals.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: June 01, 2015, 02:40:13 pm »

WaitwaitwaitwaitWAIT. No more sidearm. Bars under the weapon representation/ammo counter.

LIMITED RELOADS?

(I remembered where I saw the action bars. They were on the unit overhead displays, under the health, not on the action strip. So these are probably something new.)
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: June 01, 2015, 02:43:54 pm »

So, further speculation: that snakeman totally has breasts.  Or like, REALLY defined pectoral muscles.  If its true I think that's great, coding something that would normally be male/neutral as female, but... there is the small quibble that RL reptiles don't have breasts.  So looks like genetics and modifications thereof are going to be even more cartoonish in this game.  I don't mind, I'm sure plenty of people on the internet will.

Anyway, this might mean that the snakemen are all female clones, considering that most game devs will give each alien race only a single model to save on budget.  Or it might mean that these aliens reproduce sexually, which would mean that they're a totally new type of alien as the previous game's aliens were a clone race.  Possibly excepting ethereals.
1. These are cartoony? Apocalsypse's aliens are Dr. Seuss characters!

2. In the original snake men reproduced asexually as was explicitly stated by there UFOpedia page, but it would be interesting if they changed that.
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: June 01, 2015, 02:45:49 pm »

So, further speculation: that snakeman totally has breasts.  Or like, REALLY defined pectoral muscles.  If its true I think that's great, coding something that would normally be male/neutral as female, but... there is the small quibble that RL reptiles don't have breasts.
Mutons wouldn't be much improved if you stuck some boobs on them, I'm afraid. When you're a neutered clone race whether you are technically male or female loses some of its import.

And besides, Earthly reptiles don't have breasts. These are aliens, and by definition, different.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: June 01, 2015, 02:47:39 pm »

Mutons wouldn't be much improved if you stuck some boobs on them
...our view points are not compatible in that regard, friend.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: June 01, 2015, 02:50:30 pm »

HEH.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: June 01, 2015, 02:50:54 pm »

Mutons wouldn't be much improved if you stuck some boobs on them
...our view points are not compatible in that regard, friend.
Yeah, they'd make great infiltration units in [insert disliked country here].
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: June 01, 2015, 02:51:47 pm »

Melee is either going to be OP or flash in vanilla. 
Though, I guess it will lean toward OP if there is a limit on ammunition.  Not too bad, considering that old X-Com(at least in Apocalypse), you had to bring in your own limited ammo supply and were up the creek when you do totally run out of ammo.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: June 01, 2015, 02:53:59 pm »

Though, I guess it will lean toward OP if there is a limit on ammunition.  Not too bad, considering that old X-Com(at least in Apocalypse), you had to bring in your own limited ammo supply and were up the creek when you do totally run out of ammo.
You could always use that stun weapon, it had unlimited ammo. :D

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: June 01, 2015, 02:56:04 pm »

If you even had enough of em for everyone with low ammo/no gun.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: June 01, 2015, 03:01:00 pm »

Hmm. Wild speculation time.

What if it is, canonically, an alternate time line? They made a point that the volunteer survives the Temple Ship. What if the Volunteer ends up showing up sometime during XCOM-2 to help out this universe where the aliens won? Maybe kickstart X-Com's psionic potential up a notch?

That...could be really cool, if done right.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: June 01, 2015, 03:10:49 pm »

If you even had enough of em for everyone with low ammo/no gun.
In UFO Defence lasers all had infinite ammo with no need to reload, stunrods were infinite.
IN TFTD ammo was highly limited, missions were longer, but there were more melee weapons like drills that were still infinite.
In Apocalypse the power sword recharged and several of the alien weapons were both powerful, fast firing, and had infinite ammunition.

So infinite ammo was hardly a new aspect to the series. How one could ever ran out of Heavy Plasma ammo, though, is a mystery.

What if it is, canonically, an alternate time line? They made a point that the volunteer survives the Temple Ship. What if the Volunteer ends up showing up sometime during XCOM-2 to help out this universe where the aliens won? Maybe kickstart X-Com's psionic potential up a notch?

The Temple Ship did explode into a singularity, didn't it, and interdimensional travel through wormholes is a common thing. It's plausible.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: June 01, 2015, 03:10:55 pm »

That... would actually be hella neat.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 469