Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 469

Author Topic: X-Com Chimera Squad  (Read 724640 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: X-Com 2: HYPE WITHIN
« Reply #300 on: June 01, 2015, 01:43:09 pm »

Despite myself, all the hype.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: June 01, 2015, 01:47:16 pm »

OMG I fell like I was run over by the hype train!

Even though they haven't realeased a ton of details, this game looks far better than I was expecting.

Full-out guerrilla warfare, stealth system, 3 Firaxis time units!, and MOD SUPPORT!!
I'm not sure I've seen anything that confirms the third one yet.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #302 on: June 01, 2015, 01:47:44 pm »

But I don't likt that flying base, it'd just be shot down by the aliuns.
If it's as tough as an alien battleship? I doubt it. If the firestorm is anything to go by, it would be even more powerful than an alien battleship.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 01:50:05 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: June 01, 2015, 01:53:09 pm »

Look at the left side of the action bar: Range has an effect on accuracy!

As for the mothership thingy, it might still be upgradeable and you have less space to manage. It might also go home to a space station or something. Many possibilities.
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: June 01, 2015, 02:00:31 pm »

Volounteer goes into wormhole
Stuff happens on the other side of the Everywhere
Volounteer comes out of wormhole as psionic Messiah
Volounteer starts Advent movement
Love, scriver~

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: June 01, 2015, 02:00:47 pm »

Well i assume they are almost completely self reliant like the mothership in homeworld and capable of producing anything they need.
This of course means they might need to raid for resources... or have a series of small expendable mining bases that are expected to be found and destroyed by the goverment bringing the gameplay closer to the UFO series.

Also another notice. it's not quite a "you lost the previous game" scenario. Notice how the bald guy greets you by the end of the trailer. In the bad ending in X-com 1 he's mindscrewed by a sectoid.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: June 01, 2015, 02:03:55 pm »

There's some canon at the xcom site.  Let's see:

Earth's leaders surrendered to alien forces about 20 years ago as of 2034, which would mean that xcom was defeated AROUND the end of the first game.  Probably a couple years afterwards.  So the old ending is likely still canon.  The Avenger is a converted alien supply ship.  Earth IS explicitly under the control of aliens, but ADVENT still sounds kinda like EXALT all grown up.  So who knows.

So far, we've seen what looks like some kind of sectoid crossed with a wendigo, and the triumphant return of the snakeman.  So these could be new aliens who have modified themselves further, the old aliens, or old aliens that have been modified by new masters (perhaps the "ancient enemy" of the ethereals).

My first thoughts on seeing the trailer is that Xcom is looking more GI Joe than ever.  I think someone else said it but its worth saying again, they've been making this more and more explicit ever since that first demo came out and I think its great, its a style totally befitting Xcom.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: June 01, 2015, 02:12:30 pm »

One is forced to wonder how they pay for and maintain something like that ship in a world where human government now serves the enemy.

Funding from sympathizers within the world government? Dummy corporations (if corporations still exist) and fronts to bring in money? Through selling advanced tech on the black market? I'm sure they'll figure something out.

Bake sales, GoFundMe, Paetron pages...

My first thoughts on seeing the trailer is that Xcom is looking more GI Joe than ever.  I think someone else said it but its worth saying again, they've been making this more and more explicit ever since that first demo came out and I think its great, its a style totally befitting Xcom.

I can get behind this.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: June 01, 2015, 02:14:10 pm »

I can see XCOM having a Patreon. First reward tier they'll read your name out from a patron list before starting an operation.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: June 01, 2015, 02:14:35 pm »

So that's where the operation names come from!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: June 01, 2015, 02:15:25 pm »

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGIBE
GIBEGLIBE
GIBBITY GOO GAH
gibe.
No but really this is already promising and WAITWAITWAIT
Spoiler: THAT'S A FUCKING SWORD (click to show/hide)
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: June 01, 2015, 02:26:21 pm »

So that's where the operation names come from!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGIBE
I thought KosS was referring to the post just above.

Operation Angry Bees, anyone?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: June 01, 2015, 02:28:06 pm »

I think those bars under the gun might be life?  They look like the life bars over the enemy, and there are no corresponding bars over the squadie.

also, I suspect that either icon 1 or 8 is a placeholder graphic.

Do the Advent guys look a little like Marsec armor to anyone else?  The resemblance isn't strong, but I'm wondering if there is supposed to be a suggestion of the same style there.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: June 01, 2015, 02:30:56 pm »

AGAIN.
THATSASWARD
I am of EXCITE.

And yes, operation angry bees...Then again, it's Bay12. So we should have Operation Strike The Earth.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: June 01, 2015, 02:31:10 pm »

One is forced to wonder how they pay for and maintain something like that ship in a world where human government now serves the enemy.

Funding from sympathizers within the world government? Dummy corporations (if corporations still exist) and fronts to bring in money? Through selling advanced tech on the black market? I'm sure they'll figure something out.

Bake sales, GoFundMe, Paetron pages...
...yard sales...
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 469