Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 469

Author Topic: X-Com Chimera Squad  (Read 724759 times)

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: X-Com 2: HYPE WITHIN
« Reply #225 on: June 01, 2015, 10:41:41 am »

procedurally generated maps

Hype levels are no longer falling

move to take XCOM from a multiplatform series to a PC exclusive, and how XCOM 2 will be tailored to take advantage of that single platform’s strengths

Hype levels trending upwards...

Firaxis’ exciting plans to support modders and their work

Hype fully restored!

Robust mod support, procedural generation, and proper PC game depth will cover a lot of sins.  Even ninjas and air carriers.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #226 on: June 01, 2015, 10:42:34 am »

But you can't really be an underground operation with a flying base.
Shield had a cloaking helicarrier!

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 01, 2015, 10:43:57 am »

Maybe you'll have to infiltrate human governments and build your underground bases on their soil after you wrest them away from their support of the aliens.

No John, you are the aliens!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 01, 2015, 10:47:59 am »

And XCOM's symbol is a shield. It's clear now, XCOM = SHIELD.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #229 on: June 01, 2015, 10:49:02 am »

And XCOM's symbol is a shield. It's clear now, XCOM = SHIELD.
Headcannon confirmed calling in iron man to destroy alium base

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 01, 2015, 10:53:34 am »

It's only a flying base for the purposes of relocation. It did pretty well staying hidden in that canyon until it lifted off.

Having your base being mobile makes much more sense for an underground operation that can't afford to leave its base in any one place for too long.

I'll wait on the hype for any mechanical innovations, and will really hope they don't try to drive the graphics side of things too much, but so far the "PC exclusive" thing, however unlikely it is to last, and the "modding support" that they supposedly will have, make me cautiously optimistic.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #231 on: June 01, 2015, 10:55:14 am »

I want a mod to make the base a subterranean tunneling machine so we can be a truly underground organization

eeviac

• Bay Watcher
  • Seven
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 01, 2015, 10:55:50 am »

What they've revealed so far is promising. The hype got me into another round of android OpenXcom  :D

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 01, 2015, 10:56:08 am »

PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE GIANT FLOATING BASE. IGNORE IT!
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 01, 2015, 10:56:52 am »

Probably nothing, but it was cute how the sniper rested the crosshairs on one of the civilians in line for a moment before targeting the Advent soldier.  Resentment against the brainwashed masses, even as they're sent to save them?  Might be a minor theme.

Probably unlikely, but I wonder if it'll ever be possible to liberate genetweaked people.  Which is what I assume the "aliens" are.  While this could be the result of an alien victory, my money's on the temple ship being destroyed.  That this is purely humans (like Exalt) doing unto each other, with the "captured" tech.  The Ethereals might be observing but I don't think there interference would be necessary.

But hybrids weren't evil in Apocalypse.  If these are genetweaked people, I think it'd be mechanically interesting to get a few on the team.  After extensive rehabilitation research probably.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 01, 2015, 10:57:50 am »

I'm hopeful simply because XCOM, both EU and EW, rank as some of my favorite games of all time. It's the same company, same Lead Designer, and same publisher. I'm pretty confident they'll do a decent job of it.

And if they do keep it PC only they won't be hamstringing themselves with console restrictions for the UI.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 01, 2015, 11:04:12 am »

Probably unlikely, but I wonder if it'll ever be possible to liberate genetweaked people.  Which is what I assume the "aliens" are.  While this could be the result of an alien victory, my money's on the temple ship being destroyed.  That this is purely humans (like Exalt) doing unto each other, with the "captured" tech.  The Ethereals might be observing but I don't think there interference would be necessary.

Highly doubt it. On the site they say the world surrendered to the aliens, implying it's set in an alternate universe from the first. Also there's a poster in the trailer that's got an ethereal on it, not that that directly disproves anything.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 01, 2015, 11:05:01 am »

Oh thanks I didn't see any of that!  Cool.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 01, 2015, 11:11:18 am »

Wait, hold on. That flying aircraft carrier thing is called the Avenger? Used by an undercover organization with a shield insignia? Employing highly trained agents, including people in flying suits of armor, psychokinetic users, and genetically modified supersoldiers? If they add a new class based around silently killing enemies with an high-tech longbow, I think we'll reach full crossover status. :P
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 01, 2015, 11:13:21 am »

Avenger was the ultimate aircraft type in oldCOM.  But... your theory's more fun :P
(For people who don't know, it was the best transport, best fighter, and was also capable of space flight.  Was only about twice as big as a skyranger though)
(Hrm, now I want to play some OldCOM with XCOMUtils mod just to use Thunders.  That useless mid-tier transport which opened in all directions.)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 11:16:12 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 469