Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 469

Author Topic: X-Com Chimera Squad  (Read 725948 times)

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: X-Com 2: HYPE WITHIN
« Reply #75 on: May 29, 2015, 06:13:24 pm »

HYPE HYPE HYPE! (Just noticed this).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 29, 2015, 06:19:01 pm »

There are uppercase letters in the Lies logo page(GFIIOLID), not sure why.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 29, 2015, 06:22:28 pm »

It was already figured out (and I'm pretty sure it's already in this thread)
It and the red letters in the gene therapy PDF can be combined to form a coded form of "Vigilo Confido", XCOM's motto-thingy from EU/EW.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 29, 2015, 06:39:18 pm »

It was already figured out (and I'm pretty sure it's already in this thread)
It and the red letters in the gene therapy PDF can be combined to form a coded form of "Vigilo Confido", XCOM's motto-thingy from EU/EW.
Not coded. Just combined in a specific order.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 29, 2015, 09:50:47 pm »

I am so excited for this

Judging by the actual content of the site, this is gonna be a remake of Apocalypse, a game whose depth i loved but whose interface i hated
 :D
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

EPSIL0N

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 29, 2015, 10:04:06 pm »

I am excited but the site just confused me, I guess I am a bit of a stick in the mud in just wanting the facts and figures in plain form.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 29, 2015, 10:16:00 pm »

We're not doing this, especially not in the moment of hype. You all know perfectly well that the original X-Com series was finished a decade ago, hyphens mean nothing.

If you inherently hate NewCom you're entitled to your opinion, but there's no reason to be passive aggressive about it.

Considering that Openxcom is on the verge of being able to run TFTD, his pessimism is unwarranted. Original XCOM is healthier than ever as well.

(As it happens, I do like it better than New XCOM. BUT:

- 1: to be fair, I did like some of New XCOM features better. My ideal NextCOM would mix and mash features from Old and New. Oddly enough, I don't care as much as to whether it would use Old or New graphics

- 2: New XCOM rose interest in Old XCOM and I believe it helped give an oomph to the OpenXCOM project)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 29, 2015, 10:16:14 pm »

People are still getting excited about new games? Well I guess it's good for them.
._.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 29, 2015, 10:20:01 pm »

People are still getting excited? I thought they all knew we were all going die anyways and nothing was worth getting excited about. How irrational of them.

[Also PTW]
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 29, 2015, 10:56:21 pm »

People are still getting excited about new games? Well I guess it's good for them.
Helps that it implement features from a good old game that suffered from technology limitations and primitive UI  :P
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 29, 2015, 11:01:12 pm »

I actually kind of hope that the game is more a sequel to NewCom rather than a remake of Apocalypse.
I mean, not to say that it shouldn't be vaguely to NewCom like how Apocalypse was to OldCom, or that it shouldn't incorporate features from Apocalypse, but I'd rather play in a similar fashion to how NewCom was played.

Basically I just want a better version of NewCom with a lot more features and improvements. Probably because NewCom is literally my favorite game that I've ever played.
Please don't crucify me.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Nuttycompa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 29, 2015, 11:34:43 pm »

I really wish the old inventory management feature will make a return.

So I can perform my door breaching procedure again.
"OK rookie, you take this actived granade and run inside this room, if you can throw it at them, do it.
If not,  make sure you run toward them as close as posible."

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 30, 2015, 01:26:12 am »

People are still getting excited? I thought they all knew we were all going die anyways and nothing was worth getting excited about. How irrational of them.

[Also PTW]
Realism in the end doesn't prohibit the optimism of the moment. Just because eventually the aliens are going to kill us all doesn't mean we can't take joy in the critical hit our grunt just had on that deserving muton elite. :D
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 30, 2015, 01:26:27 am »

"Scout #243. Your standard equipment is: A laser pistol and two electro flares. We will want them all back upon your inevitable demise. Try to remember to duck. That completes your necessary training and initiation. Good luck soldier."

Ahhh, the good old days.
It's a game. Have fun.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 30, 2015, 01:31:36 am »

"Scout #243. Your standard equipment is: A laser pistol and two electro flares. We will want them all back upon your inevitable demise. Try to remember to duck. That completes your necessary training and initiation. Good luck soldier."

Ahhh, the good old days.
You gave them that much? Standard issue should be a grenade and a stun baton. If they get to use either that is just a bonus.  They are there to draw fire away from those with decent stats.  Already payed the money to hire the, might as well put them to use.
That was one thing I liked about the base defense mission in EW.  You had the feeling of having completely expendable units to use as canon fodder. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 469