Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 333 334 [335] 336 337 ... 469

Author Topic: X-Com Chimera Squad  (Read 724545 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: X-Com 2: Welcome Back, Commander.
« Reply #5010 on: February 20, 2016, 12:25:50 pm »

I will admit though if I had to chose between the Rangers and the Assault class...

I'd chose the Assault.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5011 on: February 20, 2016, 03:03:56 pm »

but rangers ARE the assault class
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5012 on: February 20, 2016, 03:27:52 pm »

So I beat my first Veteran game, took my A-Team, added them to my character roster, and began anew on Commander.

My kick-ass Grenadier who got Kill Zone from the last game showed up again, and on her first promotion she picked up Rapid Fire, so I gave her Shredder ammo and every aim bonus I could get my hands on. She is now the bane of every armored unit in the game.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5013 on: February 20, 2016, 04:04:57 pm »

I seem to have bad luck with grenadiers. I'm not offered to hire them and every time I bring a squaddie grenadier on a mission, he dies.

Also, got a sniper with awesome sideburns. I usually don't customize my troops, but giving this guy purple fedora and sunglasses just felt right.
Just like my top psionic is an ageing hippie now.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5014 on: February 20, 2016, 04:39:58 pm »

Bladestorm still gets priority over stun lancer though, I think.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5015 on: February 20, 2016, 04:57:04 pm »

I think I've only had bladestorm hit once in the course of my entire campaign. It's missed so many times.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5016 on: February 20, 2016, 05:04:21 pm »

I think I've only had bladestorm hit once in the course of my entire campaign. It's missed so many times.
This is why you don't use default swords!
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5017 on: February 20, 2016, 05:06:01 pm »

but rangers ARE the assault class

You know... Every other class is an improved version of the classes that came before it.

EXCEPT the Rangers who are closer to a Quasi version of the Assault class.

They are the Bard to the Assault's Wizard.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5018 on: February 20, 2016, 05:22:36 pm »

Me as well.  Is it affected by an overwatch modifier?

Also, using mimic beacons for the first time this new campaign.  If you're not using them, start doing so.  They're pretty ridiculous.

Last terror mission, had one civilian left alive but could see two.  Gee, I wonder if one is a faceless?  Sadly, the aliens helped me figure out by shooting one and failing the mission.  I chose gambling over the aliens not shooting a civvie over gambling with a troop's life to guess which one it was.  Grrr...
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5019 on: February 20, 2016, 08:57:33 pm »

I FINALLY BEAT THE GAME

I AM FREE

It was a good game.  I liked it.

I will wait for mods.  And then play more.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5020 on: February 20, 2016, 08:58:47 pm »

What sort of mods?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5021 on: February 20, 2016, 09:03:26 pm »

What sort of mods?

I have no idea, but I am sure if I wait awesome mods will start popping up.

I can totally see a full warhammer 40K conversion where you cruise around a sector as an inquisitor.  A lot of the gameplay would be similar.

Basically, from what I understand the game is super moddable and popular.  Give it a few months and all sorts of cool shit should start popping up.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5022 on: February 20, 2016, 10:02:49 pm »

XCOM 2's mod situation is looking pretty good at the moment. Most games with out-of-the-box mod support can have their modding scene crash and fail immediately after launch, but XCOM2 already has some great mods and is continuously getting new ones.

I wonder how long until we get the actual overhauls/total-conversions.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5023 on: February 20, 2016, 10:14:33 pm »

Seems like its less a matter of time and more of wrestling the sdk/modbuddy into doing as the modders want, from the sound of various mod descriptions and comments.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #5024 on: February 20, 2016, 10:31:38 pm »

Seems like its less a matter of time and more of wrestling the sdk/modbuddy into doing as the modders want, from the sound of various mod descriptions and comments.
Which takes time. :P

The tools are incredibly versatile, but, um, relatively unintuitive. There exists quite a fair bit of documentation, to their credit, and I'm sure there's quite a lot more I would have a grasp on if I had a grasp on such things in general, but, well yeah.

On the other hand, it seems that someone does in fact have a Freeman's Mind Voicepack already, so now I have to figure out what to do with my modding interest.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now
Pages: 1 ... 333 334 [335] 336 337 ... 469