Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 469

Author Topic: X-Com Chimera Squad  (Read 724278 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: X-Com 2: 180 Hours Until Unification Day
« Reply #3495 on: January 28, 2016, 04:29:41 pm »

Has there been any news on pre-loading?
It's apparently good idea to make sure your gun is pre-loaded with ammo before you go into combat.

In other words, no, not that I've heard.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Endymion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3496 on: January 28, 2016, 04:45:41 pm »

It's apparently good idea to make sure your gun is pre-loaded with ammo before you go into combat.

Hell, the original UFO defense had that.

But the modern XCOMs did improve on the system by pre-priming grenades before going into combat. (I suppose this takes away the option of setting your smoke nades to go off 20 turns after you throw them. Just making the game casual by taking away those advanced tactical options.)
Watching Wizard of Oz while listening to Dark Side of the Moon on shuffle.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3497 on: January 28, 2016, 05:11:17 pm »

Hell, the original UFO defense had that.

But the modern XCOMs did improve on the system by pre-priming grenades before going into combat. (I suppose this takes away the option of setting your smoke nades to go off 20 turns after you throw them. Just making the game casual by taking away those advanced tactical options.)
Well it was a good idea to put your high explosives on a one or two turn timer. Additionally sometimes you would want to lay down five or six breaching charges to just annihilate the wall of a building.
Not to mention the casualization preventing you from going into battle with sword and pistol, like a real man. Now you have your pistol and sword both holstered instead of in your hands at all times.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3498 on: January 28, 2016, 07:02:05 pm »

Oh yeah, one of the best things to do in apocalypse was to just mill about covering the exits while your experts set charges, then back off and watch the whole slums collapse. And then there is the option of dropping the explosives directly next to the door and then backing off into cover before it goes off. As opposed to throwing it at the door, hoping it lands nearby, and having it go off as you are busy throwing stuff around instead of cautiously staring into the darkness.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #3499 on: January 29, 2016, 09:19:42 pm »

« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 09:32:21 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3500 on: January 29, 2016, 09:26:45 pm »

Both Beaglerush links appear to be broken. Removing the "?ref_src=twsrc^tfw" part at the end on both seems to fix it.

And I'm worried about the self-imposed ban on XCOM2 related stuff once the embargo lifts. All the spoilers!
I know it's a lot to ask, but maaybe people could put spoilers (which I would define as stuff not known already from Firaxis/Preview copies) in spoilers once the embargo lifts? So I (and probably other people) could at least browse this thread without spoiling everything else.

Still unsure on what reviews I can watch if anything. Amount of spoilery stuff depends directly on the reviewer. Some people barely even mention any actual content other than the base mechanics, while others may easily describe the ending sequence. Like Russian Roulette BUT WORSE.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: X-Com 2: 145 Hours Until Unification Day
« Reply #3501 on: January 29, 2016, 09:36:02 pm »

Just finished The Bureau

Yeah I think Neonivek is right, it's completely absurd that they supposedly covered this up.  It's also really confusing, what even happened, or how it might relate to other XCOM games at all.

Pretty fun though, and I liked the twist despite being lightly spoiled on it.

Oh good it autosaves!  There were some choices in the last chapter that I think I'd like to try alternatives of.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3502 on: January 30, 2016, 04:58:04 am »

I bought X-Com 2 after all, even though my policy is generally "no preorders, no cults, no bearded ladies". I guess it is only a matter of time when I break those other two as well. Now, if it turns out to be Master of Orion 3 -style disappointment and I die from a broken heart, I will come back to haunt all of you.

Lossmar

• Bay Watcher
  • Humanity Fuck Yeah !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3503 on: January 30, 2016, 05:42:17 am »

Less than a week before Humanity is going to start reclaiming Mother Earth from the hands of xeno filth.

Semper Humanis, you alien scum !
How to cure gaming industry in couple easy steps :
1. Stop preordering games.
2. Stop hyping games that have nothing to show except pre-rendered hype trailer.
3. Always distrust corporations.
4. Always rage at criminal DLC , microtransactions, pre-order bonuses and other semi legal practices.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3504 on: January 30, 2016, 05:52:26 am »

At which time is the game going to be released? I guess it is convenient to Americans and in the middle of the night for us Europeans?

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3505 on: January 30, 2016, 06:46:56 am »

Usually, it's 00:00 on the release date, in Pacific time, I think. Not quite sure, I don't think I've actually preordered a game through Steam before this. Last time I preordered something, we used discs.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3506 on: January 30, 2016, 11:35:48 am »

Steam usually releases/unlocks a game at 18.00 GMT on the day in question.
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3507 on: January 30, 2016, 11:46:15 am »

Steam usually releases/unlocks a game at 18.00 GMT on the day in question.

There have been a fair number of exceptions to that rule, moving some releases/unlocks to midnight. No fixed timezone, though.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #3508 on: January 30, 2016, 02:19:09 pm »

I bought X-Com 2 after all, even though my policy is generally "no preorders, no cults, no bearded ladies". I guess it is only a matter of time when I break those other two as well. Now, if it turns out to be Master of Orion 3 -style disappointment and I die from a broken heart, I will come back to haunt all of you.

Nah, won't be that bad. The game-play videos I've seen all show it being at least as fun as EU/EW.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3509 on: January 30, 2016, 02:24:41 pm »

They is a twitch stream of the mod support here: http://www.twitch.tv/pax2

I'm like so much more hyped after I started watching this. This is a level of modding that I could reasonably use to create something cool. Devconsole with UI! Integrated replay with free-camera! So many textures! Pigeon Cannon!

Edit: It's over. They showed the intro to the game though! 10 points to Bradford for getting out in the field, especially like that. I'll try to find a video.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 02:41:30 pm by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now
Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 469