Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 469

Author Topic: X-Com Chimera Squad  (Read 724753 times)

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
Re: X-Com 2: HYPE WITHIN
« Reply #210 on: June 01, 2015, 10:21:14 am »

Alien victory is canon. What looks like a sectoid/human hybrid or the actual no modified sectoid.

pedrousz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 01, 2015, 10:21:47 am »

oh yeah, finally, i'm hyped as fuck

that sword shit though, not sure

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 01, 2015, 10:22:11 am »

I wonder... perhaps instead of being a straight sequel, it's an whatifquel? A game set after X-COM failed in EW and EXALT did, in fact, seize power as the human collaborators with aliens.

Also, that sword attack left me slightly nonplussed. Might be just me, but it gives me a bit of a designer wannabe badass vibe. If you ever played Urban Dead, trenchcoater-y is their term that seems to describe it well.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 01, 2015, 10:22:51 am »

But... but... it's still 1 day to the truth being revealed! How dare they announce themselves beforehand!

EDIT: Statues of aliens pulling humans up from the ground? Shiiit. OH MAN THAT BUFF SECTOID. Oh god this hype train has strapped on jet engines and blasted right out of the station.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 10:27:07 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 01, 2015, 10:23:47 am »

So now we have a flying base. A flying base.

Guns look cool too, and it should be set near enough in the future to keep Vahlen/Shen/Bradford alive. I cannot overemphasize how excited I am. Also snake-men.

As for the sword; that could go either way. But it's looking awesome from behind my hype-lens.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

pedrousz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 01, 2015, 10:25:08 am »

And, later this week we’ll go in-depth with Solomon and DeAngelis on the reasons behind the bold move to take XCOM from a multiplatform series to a PC exclusive, and how XCOM 2 will be tailored to take advantage of that single platform’s strengths – followed by Firaxis’ exciting plans to support modders and their work.
http://au.ign.com/articles/2015/06/01/xcom-2-announced-ign-first

You might notice a lack of gameplay video, but fear not: in two weeks, we’ll debut the first in-game footage of XCOM 2 on our IGN E3 Live Show.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 01, 2015, 10:27:16 am »

So that's cool. I approve of the fact that grenade launchers seems to be in. But I don't likt that flying base, it'd just be shot down by the aliuns.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 01, 2015, 10:28:35 am »

The snakemen return! All is well.

From the screenshots in the IGN site, soldiers with swords (rangers) are apparently a new class. I'm guessing the sword's for stealth kills, which, in turn, imply stealth.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 10:30:30 am by Teneb »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 01, 2015, 10:29:18 am »

I see I'm not the only one happy to see a proper Snakeman in XCOM. :)
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 01, 2015, 10:29:25 am »

Seems that long war already is obviously inspiring it. Think of all that can be done with mod support!
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 01, 2015, 10:29:53 am »

I see I'm not the only one happy to see a proper Snakeman in XCOM. :)
They return!
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

pedrousz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 01, 2015, 10:30:35 am »

the funny thing is that everyone seems pretty ok with the aliens overlords, what if we are the enemies  :'(

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 01, 2015, 10:31:33 am »

Hahaha, it has ninjas.  And a Marvel Avengers style flying base thing.  Hoooo-boy.

Maybe someone reading the notes from the original game wasn't clear on what "Avenger" meant.

Quick, someone get me a hype-patch!  my hype levels are deflating rapidly!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 01, 2015, 10:35:21 am »

Hahaha, it has ninjas.  And a Marvel Avengers style flying base thing.  Hoooo-boy.

Maybe someone reading the notes from the original game wasn't clear on what "Avenger" meant.

Quick, someone get me a hype-patch!  my hype levels are deflating rapidly!
Flying bases are awesome, especially since it provides a nice contrast. Why? Well, in EU/EW, the aliens had a flying base in the form of the more advanced UFOs and the temple ships. The aliens were also the ones doing covert operations while XCOM was on defense. Now, XCOM has a flying base, is doing things covertly and appears to be on the offensive.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 01, 2015, 10:39:14 am »

But you can't really be an underground operation with a flying base.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 469