Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 469

Author Topic: X-Com Chimera Squad  (Read 725743 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: X-Com 2: YOU CAN'T TAKE THAT THING, GET OUT NOW!
« Reply #1650 on: June 26, 2015, 04:30:06 am »

More like Oldford amirite?
XCOM 2 = tWoOtA confirmed.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: June 26, 2015, 07:30:11 am »

Since the Advent expose highlighted the commander and described his various abilities, this drives home my suspicion that the final unannounced class is a leadership type.

They might go the LW route and let you promote any troop to an officer role, but I suspect they'll give it a dedicated class instead.

...one of the things that bums me out, is that their new fancy "stealth" mechanics seem to be all or nothing.  Once you alert them to your presence, the action starts.

Would be nice if you could use part of the squad as a diversion while keeping your machete-ninja concealed.  Or use one guy with a long range support weapons as a diversion and keep the entire rest of your squad concealed for an end-run or ambush.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 07:34:15 am by puke »

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: June 26, 2015, 07:40:39 am »

...one of the things that bums me out, is that their new fancy "stealth" mechanics seem to be all or nothing.  Once you alert them to your presence, the action starts.

Would be nice if you could use part of the squad as a diversion while keeping your machete-ninja concealed.  Or use one guy with a long range support weapons as a diversion and keep the entire rest of your squad concealed for an end-run or ambush.
Wouldn't that already be in as part of the vision system ? I mean, unless the AI is cheating, it needs to have vision too, though now that you're revealed, it would be harder to hide one of your guy.

Also, having a leadership class would be weird, I'd prefer something like LW.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: June 26, 2015, 07:51:46 am »

Also, having a leadership class would be weird, I'd prefer something like LW.

I would as well, but my suspicion is on a dedicated class.

My /hope/ is that the next class is a heavy gunner of some sort, but by guess is that it is a squad leader.

Of course, it could also be a mount.  some big dude in a fur suit or pony costume that your other squadies can ride into battle.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: June 26, 2015, 10:01:44 am »

Wouldn't that already be in as part of the vision system ? I mean, unless the AI is cheating, it needs to have vision too, though now that you're revealed, it would be harder to hide one of your guy.
It is. Regular sneaking represents enemies assuming an all-clear, so they aren't that focused on seeing any individual threat. Once you trigger them, even if they don't see your other guys NOW, they know there are hostiles on the scene and exercise caution. You could get your diversion squad in one position, your other squad sneaking further and spring the distraction squad once someone runs or risks running into sight zone to protect your rear.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: June 28, 2015, 08:41:22 pm »

Stealth lamp-posts FTW! They'll never see you coming (until they see you coming).

And, um, voice acting. They totally captured the nuisances of various peoples, didn't they?

Also, hidden conspiracy pt 472: Firaxis is both racist and xenophobic. Only the black people and aliens died. Assuming Yuri is just overcome with affection after a boobsnake cuddle, and all the baddies were aliens. It's not a very good conspiracy theory, admittedly.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 09:07:40 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: June 28, 2015, 08:44:58 pm »

More stuff, yay!
Looks to me like more fluff-kind of stuff, but it is new.

On a (somehow) much more minor note, apparently the voice actor for EU's Bradford neither confirmed nor denied that he would be featured in XCOM2. I'm willing to bet that we'll get some kind of "where it went wrong" cinematic at the beginning of XCOM2, and he'll be in there. It just seems natural.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: June 28, 2015, 09:40:18 pm »

I wonder if Sectopods will be used as like, police-enforcers.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: June 28, 2015, 10:23:43 pm »

Quote from: that article up there
I love fan art, and I cannot wait see what people do with our characters, like The Viper in this demo. Seeing that fan art, man, nothing gets me more jazzed.
Uh huh.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: June 28, 2015, 10:41:36 pm »

Solomon confirmed jazzed over snek r34.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: June 28, 2015, 10:55:29 pm »

I mean, I tried to not make an ejaculation joke, but it was just sitting there. It was so hard.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: June 28, 2015, 11:10:29 pm »

Snek34 confirmed canon, or at least high-caliber.

I'm also super excited about the easily modded gameplay-affecting weather effects. Soon you too can fight all of your battles in hellish storms of various and unnatural origin!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: June 28, 2015, 11:15:48 pm »

Maybe in Detroit. :P
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: June 29, 2015, 02:47:05 am »

ED-209s? :P

E:

NINJAS

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: June 29, 2015, 02:52:41 am »

For the differing force requirements of police work, in the future sectopods will come in all sizes.  There will be super sectopods (as seen in LW), normal sectopods, mini sectopods (still larger than a human), and special model "shoulder sectopods" to advise ADVENT personal.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 469