Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 469

Author Topic: X-Com Chimera Squad  (Read 725746 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: X-Com 2: YOU CAN'T TAKE THAT THING, GET OUT NOW!
« Reply #1620 on: June 23, 2015, 06:25:03 pm »

Official song of XCOM 2. Because apparently that was the most worthy topic of discussion.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #1621 on: June 23, 2015, 06:50:03 pm »

I think he's just annoyed that no matter where one of your troops is from, they respond using American idioms, with only three voices for each gender, all American but slightly higher or lower than the others (at least in the version I have, they're probably all Italian in the Italian localization of the game.) They also mix terms that are associated with different branches of the military together. To be honest, I was also a bit annoyed by that as well, not so much that I'd want to mod it out.
Yeah this bothered me to no end as well.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: June 23, 2015, 07:44:23 pm »

It was even worse once they released the extra voices and LW did more, because then it was halfway to being a full range but not quite, so you had to decide how to handle accents and languages that weren't included.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #1623 on: June 23, 2015, 07:54:44 pm »

It was even worse once they released the extra voices and LW did more, because then it was halfway to being a full range but not quite, so you had to decide how to handle accents and languages that weren't included.
I was happy with the almost comprehensive range that LW offered. It's more than Firaxis could be arsed to include in vanilla.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: June 24, 2015, 12:24:58 am »

You know what modding feature I want for XCom 2? It should be super easy to implement new voice packs. Bonus points if they include a tool for recording clips so that it's easy for any yahoo with a microphone to do it.

Then we can have squads that sound like all of our friends.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: June 24, 2015, 12:31:40 am »

That would be fucking great.

Only real problem is that there are a LOT of voice clips that go into making a video game character work, especially the xcom soldiers cause they're there for everything.  Maybe some system could be developed where the emotionally similar stuff all gets handled by a single clip (a lot of Xcom's lines could be replaced with a single voice clip of a person hyperventilating) and the rarer lines use the default voices.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: June 24, 2015, 12:55:54 am »

Oh, man. The panic spirals that make you mute your computer lest people wonder what you're doing. I think the game has enough frantic grunting as it is, thanks.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: June 24, 2015, 01:03:03 am »

You know what modding feature I want for XCom 2? It should be super easy to implement new voice packs. Bonus points if they include a tool for recording clips so that it's easy for any yahoo with a microphone to do it.

Then we can have squads that sound like all of our friends.
Anything that helps you more accurately model your loved ones dying is an awesome feature in my book.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: June 24, 2015, 02:11:46 am »

Kinda reminds me of Australia. -Oh, the rabbits we brought it are overproducing, let's bring in snakes!

Is this the real reason why the Snakewomen exist?  Not that they are the true form of the Thin Men, but Australia asking for genetically modified snakes to deal with the rabbits or some other invasive species and then the Ethereals went overboard with the modifications?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: June 24, 2015, 04:19:30 am »

Oh, man. The panic spirals that make you mute your computer lest people wonder what you're doing. I think the game has enough frantic grunting as it is, thanks.  :P
Headphones, Dice, very useful for gaming.  :P

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: June 24, 2015, 04:35:50 am »

Kinda reminds me of Australia. -Oh, the rabbits we brought it are overproducing, let's bring in snakes!
Is this the real reason why the Snakewomen exist?  Not that they are the true form of the Thin Men, but Australia asking for genetically modified snakes to deal with the rabbits or some other invasive species and then the Ethereals went overboard with the modifications?
Maybe to deal with Chryssies it would make sense. No occupier really wants horrific chestbursting monstrosities running around, and the binding ability would be very useful for incapacitating one.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: June 24, 2015, 05:25:27 am »

Nah, Australia remains the last free region of the world, the aliens couldn't take on the fauna.
Love, scriver~

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: June 24, 2015, 06:00:38 am »

Nah, Australia remains the last free region of the world, the aliens couldn't take on the fauna.
And that's why Ranger has a machete.

'You call that a knife? That's a knife.'
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: June 24, 2015, 06:01:54 am »

Either that or it was the aliens first beachhead half a million years ago.

http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2010/10/dreamtime-animals/achenbach-text

Probably shit got out of hand for them, so now they're bringing in chryssalids to try and balance it out.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: June 24, 2015, 01:18:20 pm »

I'd think that Eastern Russia would probably be free, do to being a small population in a very large area that not even the aliens would desire.
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 469