Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 469

Author Topic: X-Com Chimera Squad  (Read 725928 times)

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
Re: X-Com 2: REMOVE AYY
« Reply #1365 on: June 15, 2015, 02:31:53 am »

...November 11th?
...As in...
11/11/15. Exactly four years after Skyrim came out. Heh.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: June 15, 2015, 02:36:32 am »

Wait. Shit. It might have been the 10th.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: June 15, 2015, 02:53:31 am »

Yeah, 10th November 2015 is when Fallout 4 comes out.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: June 15, 2015, 03:51:15 am »

CBA to do the research at 3:30 AM, but I suspect there's more playerbase overlap than you'd think.
Oh I don't doubt there's overlap. But for the sole reason that one is a first-person ARPG and the other is a squad-based TBS (with RPG elements), I don't think they will cause significant interference to each other. From my POV, I will definitely not get Fallout because it will yet again increase the system requirements, and FO:NV already barely runs on my UMPC-grade tablet. XCOM2, however, possesses a tiny sliver of a possibility that it will be optimized and scalable, being a PC-exclusive this time around - plus of course it sounds like another interesting take on the X-COM premise, and good squad-based TBSes are hard to come by lately. Whereas the new Fallout sounds like Cataclysm, but in realtime, with less zombies, better graphics, and a hefty pricetag.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 03:55:52 am by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: June 15, 2015, 01:23:31 pm »

CBA to do the research at 3:30 AM, but I suspect there's more playerbase overlap than you'd think.
Oh I don't doubt there's overlap. But for the sole reason that one is a first-person ARPG and the other is a squad-based TBS (with RPG elements), I don't think they will cause significant interference to each other. From my POV, I will definitely not get Fallout because it will yet again increase the system requirements, and FO:NV already barely runs on my UMPC-grade tablet. XCOM2, however, possesses a tiny sliver of a possibility that it will be optimized and scalable, being a PC-exclusive this time around - plus of course it sounds like another interesting take on the X-COM premise, and good squad-based TBSes are hard to come by lately. Whereas the new Fallout sounds like Cataclysm, but in realtime, with less zombies, better graphics, and a hefty pricetag.

True, but fallout 1 and 2 is very close to old com: AP, percentages to hit etc. A lot of the players that played both back then, have stayed with both series through its' divergent developments.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: June 15, 2015, 01:28:05 pm »

I doubt Bethesda considers old school fallout fans to be a significant demographic compared to those who just played fallout 3, or oblivion, and later games.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Henny

• Bay Watcher
  • Save All 300 Elves
    • View Profile
Grey langurs came over to steal something, only to be overcome by terror when they realized that they were stealing +grey langur bone gauntlets+.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: June 15, 2015, 02:33:27 pm »

01:30, eh? I have work in the morning, so I can't watch it. But I expect a full report from you guys to go with my breakfast! :P
Love, scriver~

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: June 15, 2015, 02:35:55 pm »

4:30pm Pacific? Nice, just about when I get off work!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: June 15, 2015, 02:43:31 pm »

Ghostery seems to bork that entire page from showing correctly. Bah.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: June 15, 2015, 03:29:10 pm »

eep
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: June 15, 2015, 06:30:07 pm »

So uh, where's the stream for this XCOM 2 GAMEPLAY DEMO HYPE?
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: June 15, 2015, 06:31:40 pm »

Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: June 15, 2015, 06:35:18 pm »

http://www.twitch.tv/ign   <--- direct link to twitch stream for those who prefer
It's FEF, not FEOF

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: June 15, 2015, 06:39:29 pm »

That advent guy in the beginning, speaking to the crowd, (I'm watching a delayed thing) is totally a thin-man.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 469