Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 469

Author Topic: X-Com Chimera Squad  (Read 723783 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: X-Com 2: REMOVE AYY
« Reply #1065 on: June 10, 2015, 12:20:02 pm »

You mean you didn't just give newbies classic tan and hand out special colors to each operator when they earned their callsign?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: June 10, 2015, 12:28:53 pm »

If they lasted long enough to get a class, then they get the class color except for assaults, who got a hat instead. Assaults got their armor colored when they managed to get a callsign, because my assaults were danger-magnets usually.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: June 10, 2015, 12:36:11 pm »

I just made everyone glorious flourescent pink and differentiated their classes by headwear. Snipers got the hat, assaults the berets, supports the helmets and heavies the baseball cap. Rookies did not deserve a headdress. What am I, made of money?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: June 10, 2015, 12:38:14 pm »

I usually did dedicated squads built to work off one another's abilities. People were added to a squad permanently when they got their call-sign, and each squad had its own color and sometimes uniform look. I then took the appropriate squad for the mission at hand.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: June 10, 2015, 12:53:29 pm »

You mean you didn't just give newbies classic tan and hand out special colors to each operator when they earned their callsign?

I did, also changing the armor/helmet (hat?) depending on the role.
I did have some patterns though, but they changed depending on the character. Generally my assaults would have more vivid colors (I was all about Assaults), Heavies usually red, Snipers black, Support always white with Archangel Armor. Psionics usually purple, of course, but I cared little for Psionics in this game than I did in the UFO game series (first game, Psi was just gamebreaking..but necessary).

I'd usually go with 2 Assaults, 1 Heavy, 1 Sniper, 2 Supports. I didn't like to abuse the OPness of Snipers, and my usual tactics was to make a front line with 2 Supports and the Heavy, have the Sniper insta-killing high-value targets, and the Assaults rushing like crazy, flanking and stealthing.

Also, I really liked Supports. With the S.C.O.P.E, one of my Supports fired better than everyone else, excluding my Sniper. And it saved my dudes so many times!
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: June 10, 2015, 01:06:41 pm »

Anyone who was not a rookie got a helmet. It was rare that I gave people hats instead of full helmets. Also, I changed the 'Deco' thing depending on class.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: June 10, 2015, 01:11:54 pm »

Did anyone ever edit the config files to create standard colors / outfits for different classes?

I wish there was a way to create template gear / colors for classes, so I didn't have to re-equip them each time or recolor whenever someone got promoted from rookie to squadie or however it goes.  Personally i couldn't be bothered with the customization so I just went with the standard Long War colors.

If I was only going to have 8 or 10 guys and squads were limited to 4 and I didn't have to worry about down time, I might have personalized more.  But when you've got a roster 40-60 deep and squads getting mixed and matched depending on who's available for any given mission, the personalization gets to be more annoying than useful.

On the other hand, I intend to start a new playthrough when the next version of LW drops, and sort of rush / cheese / cheat it.  I'll level up an initial 12 guys and they will be my elites and the foundation of the officer corps.  They might get customized in fancy hats and black armor and other silly nonsense.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: June 10, 2015, 01:14:24 pm »

Arguably late, but...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1073 on: June 10, 2015, 01:16:30 pm »

Honestly they don't even look like boobs. They look like shifted pectoral muscles.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: June 10, 2015, 01:17:04 pm »

I make all my rookies red (obviously) and give them the helmet that looked like a paintball helmet. The idea was that until they earn a call sign, they are faceless mooks to me, to be thrown to the slaughter.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: June 10, 2015, 01:25:51 pm »

I'm going to do at least one run of xcom 2 where everyone is wearing the assassin's outfits from Assassin's Creed.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: June 10, 2015, 01:27:45 pm »

Honestly they don't even look like boobs. They look like shifted pectoral muscles.

Then the the artists failed at their puerile goals.  I don't know why people are defending them so vehemently, they are clearly advertised as "viper ladies" and their little midriff bearing boob armor even has a zipper down the middle, making it entirely unlike armor.  And they have female style protrusive hips, not male style flat hips or snake style atavistic pelvis that you can't even see without an xray or dissection.

I mean, you illustrate the problem perfectly, yourself:

Also hips? He doesn't even have legs. How can he have hips? :)

exactly this!  why the fuck did they draw them that way?  God I hope we're being trolled, but I suspect that the game art will be like this.

Also, I expect that they chose the hooded cobra as the model for similar reasons.  I'll just leave this here.  http://oglaf.com/naja/  NSFW.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: June 10, 2015, 01:30:03 pm »

I do not see these hips you guys are so bothered by.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: June 10, 2015, 01:32:03 pm »

Who's bothered?  I just think its funny.  I'll be honest with you here, I think the only people that are bothered are the guys trying not to see it or making up reasons that it isn't there.  The rest of us are just having a good laugh.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: June 10, 2015, 01:34:14 pm »

I kept all my standard troops black (the penultimate color scheme, as there are two black ones) for tacticool black-op ayy removal and all superhumans (psi and MECTs, gene-moddies don't count) scarlet. The former to make them less visible to the enemy, the latter to make them more visible to the enemy - both for obvious reasons. Also, because I like black/red color schemes.

By the way - I hated the standard tan, and having the black scheme have a completely out of place tan stripes on it grinded my gears like nothing else.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 469