Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 469

Author Topic: X-Com Chimera Squad  (Read 723731 times)

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: X-Com 2: REMOVE AYY
« Reply #1035 on: June 10, 2015, 10:01:32 am »

I don't personally care about this kind of thing in media, or chainmail bikinis or whatever. Never has ruined forever anything for me. I get where people are coming from, it makes sense and I also know why whoever designs this stuff does it this way (it has to do with the viewer and not with the universe, same reason Disney gives all their female "animals" a protruding chest and other anthropomorphic female traits, and same reason Avatar had furry kitty people and not aliens that actually looked like they belonged in that planet). I suppose to sum my opinion, it would be: meh. Also, more excuses for internet pr0n, always a good thing.

But I do like shooting holes in arguments. To me the only argument that could explain this in-universe is: aliens want humans to be like omg hawt snake.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1036 on: June 10, 2015, 10:04:47 am »

Why not alien crossed with some human genes and unintended side-effect: sexy snake booty

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: June 10, 2015, 10:06:34 am »

But what's in those? I doubt they have mammary glands.

I'll just download one of the "Better Snakemen" mods.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: June 10, 2015, 10:06:42 am »

I am just excited for the inevitable nudity mods.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: June 10, 2015, 10:08:17 am »

I'm near positive it's just because of Gene Therapy an' shit. Make them...I dunno, fit in more? Can't be having revolutions, now can we?

Also, I'm calling it here. Vipers are gonna be Seekers Part 2 THE STRANGLING
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: June 10, 2015, 10:09:41 am »

While I am not a big fan of Enemy Unknown [various reasons & IMO Xenonauts is a much better game], this new X-com game might be better with regard to gameplay [& mechanics]. We shall see, but I surely won't pre-order it, since I would ask for a refund for EU if it would be possible. I don't trust in Firaxis anymore tbh. [Even tho I really like the fact that X-com 2. will be very mod friendly..]
Anyway...
Here is a good arcticle @ RPS: Fear Of The Unknown: What We Want From XCOM 2.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: June 10, 2015, 10:10:44 am »

I'm pretty sure at this point that Vipers are just Firaxis trolling the fanbase. And that somehow makes me happy.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: June 10, 2015, 10:13:34 am »

I don't quite imagine Firaxis wanting to pull a Chucklefish on the fans. That just seems like a recipe for... bad stuff.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: June 10, 2015, 10:18:37 am »

Imagine the snakedude's confusion.

Human: Why do you have breasts? Lizards don't have breasts.

Snakeman: What? I'm not a lizard. I'm not part of your planet's evolutionary history. These bumps are venom sacs surgically added so I can spit acid blood poison at you which eats through your stupid face. My people don't even have a binary gender, I find your assumptions insulting. *acid spit!*
Psh, talk about species profiling, assuming that they're "venom sacs" just because you think that they look like terrestrial snakes. They're obviously amphibious organisms, and those lumps are air sacs genegineered for extended submarine deployment.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: June 10, 2015, 10:26:46 am »

Why not alien crossed with some human genes and unintended side-effect: sexy snake booty
That's a good explanation, since they outright said the new sectoids where spliced with human DNA. In that case they happened to splice lizardmens with human dna and got an effective hybrid that happens to have some female anatomy feature.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: June 10, 2015, 10:30:42 am »

Imagine the snakedude's confusion.

Human: Why do you have breasts? Lizards don't have breasts.

Snakeman: What? I'm not a lizard. I'm not part of your planet's evolutionary history. These bumps are venom sacs surgically added so I can spit acid blood poison at you which eats through your stupid face. My people don't even have a binary gender, I find your assumptions insulting. *acid spit!*
Spoiler: You are not the first (click to show/hide)

The extremely close similarity between narratives pretty much confirms that every single angle of snake tits has been done to death, by now.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: June 10, 2015, 10:40:34 am »

No but seriously those things better not have a stealth mode or I'm gonna lose my shit
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: June 10, 2015, 10:46:38 am »

They just might, Soloman-sempai has already stated that even the most basic Ayy is going to be intentionally OP, with human-superior stats, mind meld (if not greater mind meld), and mind control right off the bat.

And if it's any indication from the trailer, Snek can constrict and shoot at the same time.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: June 10, 2015, 10:55:13 am »

Wait, I am lost.  What is an Ayy?  Snek?  Obviously my memage needs to be updated...
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Henny

• Bay Watcher
  • Save All 300 Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: June 10, 2015, 10:57:09 am »

Ayy => Ayy Lmao => Classic Aliens => Sectoids

Snek => Snake => Snakeman
Grey langurs came over to steal something, only to be overcome by terror when they realized that they were stealing +grey langur bone gauntlets+.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 469