Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Mod Orphanage  (Read 2577 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Mod Orphanage
« on: May 29, 2015, 07:51:37 am »

Are there any mods that you'd love to see updated to the newest DF version?

Mods often get writen, released and abandoned once a new DF version comes out. Updating them is not that much work, but someone has to find the time to do it. Once I take up modding again, I plan to run a mod orphanage to keep outdated mods alive. Please post their names and a link and I'll add them to my list of future projects. I intend to update and release them in three versions.

Legacy Edition: The original mod, unchanged. It gets a description, screenshots, 3 tilesets, readme and comes pre-installed with it's DF version.

Updated Edition: The original mod, with minimal changes. All the changes that are done are only to update it to the newest DF version. Also gets a description, screenshots, 3 tilesets, readme and comes pre-installed with the newest DF version.

Upgraded Edition: The Meph-Edition, so to speak. Based on the new abilities that dfhack and DF versions offer, I add features to the mod, depending on community feedback. Mod gets released with everything above, plus Dfhack and Dwarf Therapist.

Cheers,
Meph
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Usul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mod Orphanage
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2015, 10:17:41 am »

I think one of the most interesting idea for a mod would be the fremen sietch mod. I really like the concept of depending entirely on trade to survive and I don't know others mods that could have these atmosphere. Of course, given the age of the mod, it'd be less 'updating' than 'rewriting from scratch'.

If you are not familiar with Herbert's universe, I'm sure people would be happy to help (and I recommend reading the books anyway, it's worth it).

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2015, 12:03:20 pm »

Wow, a Dune mod. That works super well. Have to re-read the novels first, but it's certainly interesting. Thanks for the suggestion.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Altivera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2015, 10:16:15 pm »

Can you update the Beastfolk mod by dholedays located here http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=7194. also can somebody tell me if dholedays is still a member of the site.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2015, 08:36:37 am »

There is no member on bay12 by the name of dholedays. Does the mod have a thread on bay12?

Altivera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2015, 05:00:44 pm »

There is no member on bay12 by the name of dholedays. Does the mod have a thread on bay12?
Nope

Atomic Gamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Information given on need to know basis...usually
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2015, 11:48:23 pm »

I have kind of updated the Fear the Night mod, just basically fixed all the errorlog stuff. Everything has the standard human gait speeds, unless it just plain didn't fit in which case I copied a similar creature's gait. Also the extract stuff I made use skins since corpse is apparently no longer a valid target. Also, I would love it if someone could update Monster Hunter Universe! :D

EDIT:AUTO CORRECT! >:(
Gotta think of a good signature......................

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2015, 02:10:08 am »

You got a link to the monster hunter mod you mean?

Usul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2015, 11:20:10 am »

I think he is refering to the mod made by Iados. But it has been updated for 0.40.02 by Wimopy. It's not exactly up to date but as said in the last page of the new thread :
I still also have the oral part of the exams, so I'll be preparing for that, but after the middle of June it's free time

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2015, 01:49:29 pm »

I don't plan on abandoning my Furry Fortress mod when the new version comes, but I've never had as much time for it as I'd like and I'd love to see what you would add or change to the concept.  I'd be willing to put it up for adoption if it's something that interests you. 
could God in fact send a kea to steal Excalibur and thereby usurp the throne of the Britons? 
Furry Fortress 3 The third saga unfurls.  Now with Ninja Frogs and Dogfish Pirates.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2015, 04:04:38 pm »

Can you complete the Dwarf Appearance Visualiser mod? It may happen eventually otherwise but it needs strong leadership.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2015, 04:09:32 pm »

PTW
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Eldin00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2015, 06:40:03 pm »

I love the idea of a place where people without the time/skills to do it themselves can come and post their favorite abandoned mods, and those with the time/skills will update (and possibly expand) them.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2015, 03:04:06 am »

Can you complete the Dwarf Appearance Visualiser mod? It may happen eventually otherwise but it needs strong leadership.
I can do modding, but I can not code, especially not a started program of which the source code has never been posted. As far as I know he only did graphic mockups and no actual program exists. The best people to talk to are probably Japa, Splinterz or anyone from the dfhack team.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2015, 10:14:25 am »

I thoroughly support this project. If you wish me to, I could trawl through the board to get a list of the outdated mods.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: [1] 2